SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/384638-class-february-2016-support-thread-part-2-a.html)

Dee74 02-07-2016 09:47 PM

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 2

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-1-a-20.html
D

Chinaski 02-07-2016 09:53 PM

Shotgun!

Bluedog--I haven't had to do it yet this time but I know back when I had my longest bout of continuous sobriety, I cut myself completely off from all social media. It made a huge difference in my peace of mind. Sorry about the Panthers loss, but you know that drinking won't make it any better, only worse. You're in my thoughts...

Heading to bed all. I'm about eight minutes away from it being officially one week sober. Thanks to all of you for the support and encouragement. It's helping more than you'll ever know.

Dee74 02-07-2016 10:07 PM

Congrats on your week Chinaski :)

D

SansaS 02-07-2016 10:30 PM

Well done on a week sober chinaski! I hope you're feeling fabulous x

bluedog97 02-07-2016 10:54 PM

Thanks Chinaski. I realize now my post was pretty sour. The build up and excitement leading up to the game lead to high expectations and then the result was a dud. Combined with any normal anxiety of being on day 3, I was just in a foul mood. But I didn't drink. I should say congrats to the Broncos, they deserved it.

And congrats on a week. I feel better, just ready to move on. Apologies to the class.

Jeni26 02-07-2016 10:57 PM

Good morning all. Well done on your week sober Chinaski. Me too...I'm certainly in a better place than I was this time last week. I'm up and dressed for work (it's 6.40 here), and the anxiety is manageable.

Up until my relapse I was going for an early morning swim each morning before work. I'm not quite up to that yet but I will try tomorrow.

My head is still full of negativity and self-loathing. I am just so ashamed of myself. I need to step away from that I know because it leads me to a very dark place. I'm not sure why I'm so sensitive to what others think of me...I need to address that too.

But one step at a time. Today I'm a week sober and I'm able to work and I've got a million things to be thankful for.

Have a great day guys. Love to you all ❤️

sadsadgirl 02-07-2016 11:40 PM

Hello fellow Febbers! Checking in here for the first time. On Day 5, had my first sober weekend of the year and it was brilliant-felt so liberating to have a weekend without self loathing and anxiety due to feeling enslaved to the drink. Had so many thoughts on Friday afternoon about how I should drink but I'm so glad I pushed through. It was thanks to you guys on here.

mns1 02-08-2016 01:17 AM

Morning everyone!

Welcome sadsadgirl!

Awesome work Chinaski and Jeni!

I am on day 7 myself and feeling good.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Mia83 02-08-2016 01:55 AM

Morning- well done everyone!
Jeni26- I'm sorry you feel that way...it really struck me with what you said about how we felt a week ago- I was a total mess last Monday and couldn't even go to work. It's taken me 9 days and I'm feeling so strong now( feel strong to the point of feeling very angry today, but that's another story!) it proves the only way to stop these horrible feelings of anxiousness and self doubt is to stay well away from drink. I too suffer from worrying what people think of me- which is ironic that I've gone out of my way to be singled out by my crazy drunken behaviour. anyway, just trying to articulate how much more in control I feel- it's not nice going through life feeling less than those around you and I'm really sick of worrying so much, stopping drinking is the best thing anyone with anxiety can do. Have a good day :)

soberjim 02-08-2016 02:05 AM

Morning everyone. I also had my first complete sober weekend in a long time. Today is day 9. It was a challenge but I am taking it one day at a time . Hope everyone has a good Monday.

5upersonic 02-08-2016 02:12 AM

Morning all, day 4 here and I'm certain I'll be back tomorrow. :wave:

Camryn474 02-08-2016 02:34 AM

Congratulations to everyone who has a week or more of sobriety. Actually, congrats to anyone who is sober today.

I've only had a couple hours sleep but I'm just going to go with it. I'm thankful that yesterday is over and I'm sober today. All night long I dreamt of what alcohol I was going to buy today and how I was going to plan my drinking schedule around what I have to get done. Just dreaming about it is exhausting.

Anyways, I'm up to start another day sober. Wishing you all well and thanks to each of you for just being here. Just knowing I have this class makes me stronger.

tiredofme 02-08-2016 02:41 AM

I too really worry what people think of me and let it get me down. This is an important aspect that I need to work on to retain long term sobriety. Just avoiding people is not going to work for long.

Another lovely rainy day here topped with high winds just so lucky to start monday morning damp lol. Least our office still has a roof the building opposite seems to have lost theirs overnight never known a winter like it.

Made it through the weekend, yesterday I felt exhausted all day and had troble concentrating. I have been trying to cut back on sugar the last few days and I think it was a bit early my body is still adjusting to being run on normal food from alchohol had syrup in my porriage this morning and it seems to have lifted this a bit. Will just have to stock up on ice cream for a little bit longer 😃

KarenOskie 02-08-2016 03:32 AM

Good morning everyone. I am starting on day three. This is not my first try by a long shot. I know I may have a problem driving home from work, not buying alcohol on the way home. I am going to try and go to an AA meeting after work to help with that. Whether I do or not, I'll be checking in here tonight. It feels great to wake up without a hangover!

Dee74 02-08-2016 03:42 AM

welcome Karen :)

D

Stubbs16 02-08-2016 04:03 AM

Hey everyone,

Still here, trying to push forward. Yesterday was tough, I spent most of tbe day crying, and praying. This situation at my house is too much for me. Its constant turmoil, and its wearing me down. As i said, I dont want to go into the specifics, its just what it is, and I have to deal with it. Im still struggling with my emotional, mental state of mind.

Glad everyone is doing great. Good to read everyones posts. Keep at it all.

JL2014 02-08-2016 04:33 AM

Starting my off day before going back to work for the week. Stressed out really bad. I don't have any money to buy flowers for valentines day, and I have to work that Sunday anyway.
Ooo thought just hit. I have change in a cup in my car trunk !!
Maybe there's enough to get to a coinstar machine and at least buy cards and some candy. Good to type on here. It slows my racing thoughts down !
Had a bad bad cough and a sore throat all weekend. Been a downer. I drank a little on day then poured it out. I felt bad and didn't want to feel worse.
I feel horrible today, but just took some cough syrup (blech !), and hope to make the most of today.

ChrisBen 02-08-2016 05:07 AM

Good Morning and congratulations to everyone! Welcome to those who have joined. Have some catching up to do on everyones posts, but wanted to pop in and say hello. Glad to have a sober week/weekend under my belt.

kittycat3 02-08-2016 05:28 AM

Day 7 ! So thrilled to be at 1 week. :) happy Monday Y'all!

HighDraw18 02-08-2016 05:34 AM

Hi guys....New and on Day 2 here - just wanted to pop in to the February group. Hope everyone has a good day.