Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-16-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Well I'm getting ready to leave work. And of course it's been a stressful day, its all dreary outside & all I can think about is wanting a beer. My boyfriend informed that he won't be home til later tonight so these are the days I usually try to sneak a few beers in before he comes home (but usually I end up wasted). I want to make it home without stopping to buy it. I hate feeling like this!
Old 02-16-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Chinaski- getting flooded at any time is bad news any time, but the timing is grim. You know what not to do

Outonthetiles- look back at your previous post and see how positive you were about sobriety- protect it- don't give it up

Good to see us all leaning on one another. Lets graduate the February class sober and beyond
Old 02-16-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, from the class of February 2015. I'm a year sober today. You can do this - some days will be hard and some will be easy, most will be somewhere in the middle. Very few days will be as hard as the first few weeks though. So hold on, take it day by day (hour by hour if you have to), and stay vigilant. I promise you, things will get better. Good luck!
Old 02-16-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Njdellis!! You've got this! Take a different way home, cool yourself a superb meal, and maybe a nice hot bath? Beer would only ruin a peaceful night at home.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by njdellis View Post
Well I'm getting ready to leave work. And of course it's been a stressful day, its all dreary outside & all I can think about is wanting a beer. My boyfriend informed that he won't be home til later tonight so these are the days I usually try to sneak a few beers in before he comes home (but usually I end up wasted). I want to make it home without stopping to buy it. I hate feeling like this!
Hey njdellis: My wife is taking the kids to the gym after work, so I'm in a similar boat... Empty house and time on my hands. I'll stay sober tonight if you will I'll likely try the 9:00pm EST chat meeting here too, if you are interested. I've never done one of those.

ReadyOrNot123: Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing. It means a lot when people who have done it let us know it can be done!
Old 02-16-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Chinaski, glad you're back. You're a great contribution to this group.

Maximus--so sorry about your mom. I lost my mom less than two years ago after a prolonged illness that was very hard to watch. I know how scary and painful it is

knb01 we must have the same sobriety date since I also have 22 days. I really related to what you said about wanting to escape and the turmoil of emotions.

I joined an intensive program today that meets two hours 4 days a week in addition to my other meetings and counselling. This time I'm going at it with both barrels because I need to stay sober.

My relationship seems to be getting worse day by day. Hope we can get some counselling. It's hard to watch him drink every day--even though I've stayed sober plenty of other times while he kept drinking. It just makes me sad.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  
Administrator

at least it was your landlord who did the damage chinaski - should be no worries in getting things rectified?

I'm sorry you're unwell outonthetiles, but drinking simply will not help. I was amazed when I got sober and got over a flu in 2-3 days - it used to take a week, drinking.

I hope the new course will be beneficial safeandsound

Prayers for your mom and you Max.

D
Old 02-16-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread peeps:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

D