carole king - beautiful

Old 12-30-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

That's really nice V, thanks!
Old 12-30-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Everyone looking forward to the new year? I know I am. Time to start a new chapter. Getting sober was the best thing that happened for me in 2015, and I hope it primed me for a better year. I'm hopeful that I will be able to overcome the challenges I'm facing now.

Yesterday I was formally diagnosed with anorexia nervosa, which came as kind of a shock. I truly didn't believe it was that bad. I still don't totally believe it. They can't make any significant med adjustments or start trauma therapy until I gain weight.

I actually have gained a couple pounds in the past week because in an effort to be compliant, I have eaten tons of food. But now that I'm actually seeing the gain, I keep going back and forth between eating a lot because I'm supposed to keep gaining and then starving and exercising to offset the calories because actually gaining is completely freaking me out. I pretty much feel helpless and out of control regardless of what I do, alternately grateful for the people who care enough about me to intervene, and resenting them because they are trying to take away something I have come to value very much.

It's very much like drinking was, and the AV sounds like the same voice I hear now telling me to starve. It's hard to ignore or challenge it. Right now I totally feel backed into a corner by every force in my life.

But it's going to get better, I am determined. I have to believe that this will get easier the more I work at it. 2016 will be a better year, it will, dammit!
Old 12-30-2015, 10:21 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
It's very much like drinking was, and the AV sounds like the same voice I hear now telling me to starve. It's hard to ignore or challenge it. Right now I totally feel backed into a corner by every force in my life.
BUT.... you are getting help.

No matter how loud the voice is that tells you to keep this (illusive) control, you are listening to those who love and care for you. That's HUGE. That's a major battle with Anorexia.

It is going to be a little while before the battling voices stop duelling, but it will happen.

Gosh I am proud of you Briar. ♥
Old 12-30-2015, 11:31 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry it was a shock for you Briar but I understand it - I think a lot of us have difficulty with self image, and a difficulty in accepting there's a definable problem...clear echoes there of my fight with alcohol..

I really hope 2016 is a wonderful year of growth change and peace for you, and for all the other Octsobers too
Old 12-31-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Briar, your secret is out now hun, so you are no longer alone with the anorexia, you have a team that understands the problem and wants to help you. I love the positive attitude! Good things for all of us in 2016.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

That's right. You're heading in a healthy direction, Briar. So glad you've got a team of support. I'm looking forward to seeing what positive change 2016 brings for all of us too.

I've been busy with family stuff so need to catch up. My grandma is not well and in the hospital. Just dehydrated, we think. And 90, ya know? She's sleeping all the time. I hope when I'm 90, people will just let me sleep for Pete's sake! I'm sure she feels the same. Lol

Gotta stir up the guys and get this day going! My college team plays their bowl game in four hours. Counting down to kick off!

And I love Carole King! Her voice is so pure. Thanks, V!
Old 12-31-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

A cool photo for today:

Old 12-31-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
That's right. You're heading in a healthy direction, Briar. So glad you've got a team of support. I'm looking forward to seeing what positive change 2016 brings for all of us too.

I've been busy with family stuff so need to catch up. My grandma is not well and in the hospital. Just dehydrated, we think. And 90, ya know? She's sleeping all the time. I hope when I'm 90, people will just let me sleep for Pete's sake! I'm sure she feels the same. Lol

Gotta stir up the guys and get this day going! My college team plays their bowl game in four hours. Counting down to kick off!

And I love Carole King! Her voice is so pure. Thanks, V!
Hugs and love to your grandma, Conquest.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
Adorable Phoebe! 12 house guests; I can't even begin to imagine that Leigh. Not envying you hun.
Four more days . . . . . I am exhausted.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
I'm not one for staying up late-have not seen the ball drop in years. I also don't enjoy going out on days that the restaurants are recruiting you and expecting you to be there with fancy menus, etc. I'll probably cook a nice dinner. DD will go out-but I won't want her driving. Too many dangers on the road that night.
With you 100%, BD.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post

A quiet New Year's Eve planned with the kids for tomorrow. We are going to have homemade pizzas. Well watch movies or shows until midnight, play games, do the American Idol game and just dance on the Xbox.
My kind of NYE, phoebe.

(I'm ducking out of the festivities early - guests or not!!!!!)
Old 12-31-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Guess who has their bathroom fixed? And the leak was easily fixable. Yes, I am a moron. Feel free to smack me over the head next time.

Your evening really sounds perfect phoebe.

Hi Arbor love, and everyone else.

Yaaaaay!!!!!
Old 12-31-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

I am so proud of you, Briar, for taking such positive action against another villain. don't forget what a liar the AV is, sweetheart; he doesn't care about you.

We do.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

^^^ Nice one Leigh.

Agreed. Glad your taking care of the situation Briar and have started to accept this part of you. You've been through quite a lot over the last year. I wish nothing but the best for you and your family in the coming year. Happy new year.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to the day when that crazy voice doesn't even bother to argue with me about anything because it knows it will lose.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Atta girl, Briar!
Old 12-31-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Happy New Year, Octsobers!!!!!!

Love you all.

Old 12-31-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Be safe tonight, USA'ers.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Briar, I am glad you are getting help. I've been worried about you.