What can I say? I just love tea!
Old 12-28-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

what if you had a hipster beard before it was hip? LOL

D
Old 12-28-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

So I had to look up hipster beard....yeah, that's not for me. Something could live in one of those!

Lights out for me.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

That will always be a Ned Kelly beard to me...he was a bushranger here. Famous outlaw from the 1800s.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Licorice tea here tonight too. And that's a fine looking cup! We had chili for dinner, so the tea is refreshing after such strong flavors. Now gotta figure out what to do with the rest of the ground turkey tomorrow. It will probably be spaghetti, but maybe straight up burgers. Haven't had those in a while, mostly because my daughter refuses to touch them. She can have a cheese sandwich instead.

I only have one more day of work then Wednesday off. It will break up the week nicely. Today was fine, but it was obvious that no one really felt like being there. It's shaping up to be a slow week, so that's good. No one seems to have enough energy to create any extra work for me...win!

Anyone have New Years resolutions? I don't usually do them, but I might this year. I think I need to identify some goals, mainly having to do with my perspective and mindset. I might finally commit to that gratitude journal I've been contemplating for pretty much my entire life. Also making sure to spend some quality time with my daughter every day. It's easy to just blow through each day when I'm so busy, but I need to prioritize family time.

I'm glad our friends in the South are safe. Love to all.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

V - my dad had a beard that looked like that. No thank you!

Actually, on Christmas my brother and I were re-telling and thoroughly enjoying "the mushroom story" - when my brother and I were kids, our dad was very serious about dinner time and tolerated no shenanigans at the table. One night we were having something with sliced mushrooms in it, and an entire slice landed on his beard and stuck there. It jiggled around when he chewed, and my brother and I damn near suffocated trying not to laugh. That story still comes up about once a year, and my brother and I laugh our asses off every time. I can't even think of a big bushy beard without picturing the mushroom.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Definitely loads of New Year's Resolutions here. It's a tradition of mine since I was a little girl. Gifts I can give to myself in the new year.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

That's hysterical Briar!!! And LOL, I am having chilli and mushrooms tonight.
(yep, my favourite pizza again before my new year's no-more-pizza resolution. )
Old 12-28-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Something I've been doing the past few days to get my spirits up is cruising google images for random cool pictures that make me happy and saving them. Mostly flowers and pretty stuff. I was planning to post them here periodically to share the joy. This one seems appropriate today:

Old 12-28-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

That's lovely....I do that as well....usually with sayings...

change resize.jpg
Old 12-28-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

That's a good one...something I need to work on.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hipster beards and stick-on mushrooms...yall have got me rolling over here! Lol

Last year was the first year I got serious with my resolutions and it worked out really well. So I started my 2016 list last night... Travel plans, career goals, relationship-building opportunities with my new family, budget stuff (booooooo), all good things for continued growth and forward momentum.

Gnight all!
Old 12-29-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

God morning gang and happy Tuesday.

I haven't given New Years or resolutions much thought yet. Maybe I'll put a little time into it, but for now.........gym time!

Have a great day gang.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Briar, when my daughter was your daughter's age I started a tradition where once a week, just the two of us went out to dinner, wherever she wanted to go. We talked about whatever she wanted to talk about. I was a working Mom too and those dinners were very, very special to us, just clearing my head and focusing on her needs, 100%. Yesterday we grabbed a bite after shopping and she talked about school the entire time.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hi gang. No resolutions here, but I'm always trying to be healthier, a better mom, etc... I do think I need to resolve to reduce, tidy up, and simplify our surroundings. I feel like the house is bursting at the seams and so disorganized.

Icy, slushy mess here today. First winter weather. I need to try to figure out how to share a video of thevpuppybin the snow. His first. He kept repeatedly pouncing in it! So cute.

Dinner is in the crockpot, or the chicken is. Kids have friends in breaking in the new Wii U. I'm hiding in my room for a bit.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Hi phoebe love.

I have some challenges here right now ~ the same health issue has knocked me for six again, and I feel very out of sorts.
Plus my bathroom is leaking and of course it had to happen now when it is emergency rates with the plumber. I don't know if it can wait until Monday. I am a bit of a wreck today to be honest.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

So sorry Venus! I hope it all gets fixed real soon for you.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Administrator

wouldn't that be a landlord problem to pay for tho V?

D
Old 12-29-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Good point Dee.

Sorry about your reoccurring health issues Vee. I hope you are able to put them behind you in the new year. :cyber hugs:
Old 12-29-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I feel a bit better...I cleaned up, washed my hair and did my grocery shopping. The pain is much more manageable now.

Yes, my bathroom is a landlord thing, but if I can wait till Monday, the plumber will not charge extraordinary rates. It's going to be a BIG job, so I would prefer that. My RE Agents are horrible. No matter what my rights are, I lose every time I try to talk to them. It's just my area in life where I am a little inept.

Sorry for grumping, and thank you for caring. ♥