Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 24

Old 01-04-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Yeah, that sounds pretty deeply rooted. Completely understandable. I think about my father a lot too when it comes to drinking and he's still with us thankfully. There's a lot at the core in a father son relationship. Thing is you'll no doubt get there. All those feelings of comfort will come back without the booze ten fold. And I mean ten fold man. As you would say I'm starting to see "glimpses" of what permanent sobriety is all about and I love it.

Yeah, you'll get it. You'll no doubt get there my friend.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Thanks for that Arbor.....so much. I'm going to think on your words as I call it an early night my friend.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Wise words here tonight. I really get the sentimental attachment to some of the situations I associate with drinking. It feels like I'm closing the door on many chapters of my life, which I am, and it's sad. But life keeps going and changing, and things come and go, and some things are meant to be memories. I've had a lot of those sentimental thoughts around the holidays. I've been practicing being grateful for having had those good times and accepting that they do not fit my life anymore.

I think about that sometimes as I'm going through my daughter's clothes to get rid of the ones that don't fit her anymore. Some of them she wore on special occasions (and some are just impossibly cute), and it pains me to lose them, but they just don't fit anymore. I'm glad she had them for a while, and we got some pictures, but it's done, they are never going to fit again.

It's okay. It's just life.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Great analogy, Briar.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

That is a great analogy, Briar! So true. I get very sentimental about the grabbing a drink with friends, thing. It's just what they do, and I am very left out of it. My other offers to do things with friends were not well received. Trying to pin one down to see a movie or have dinner never happens, but a drink/glass of wine is quick.

We need more tea bars! Coffee does not fly well at night. My closest local friend is completely inaccessible from now until the end of April. Tax accountant.

Had a productive day yesterday. Got much cleaning done and exercised. Walked the dog, and even grabbed a nap. Hard getting back to the 6am wake up. Tired this morning after a bit of a restless night.

Supposed to go to dog training class, but may skip it. The dog has such a hard time focusing with the distraction of other dogs/puppies. He has become so big and strong, that he pulls really hard, and occasionally lunges after others, in play. It hurts my hand and my back, and is not very productive. It was not like this when he was younger. It was suggested in the notes, that if our dog is ill, to go without him, and just watch and learn the lessons. So, I may just go alone. Explain. I find the info useful, but with his antics, its hard for me to focus as well! Only two more classes left, anyway, today and next week. He is not a problem with that behavior day to day, only in class where our expectations are that he sit quietly by my side. It is not like we expect him to be a show dog anyway, and that is the nature of this school. They have the two basic obedience classes, but then loads of agility and training classes geared towards competitions. Lots of fancy pure bred dogs there too.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Hey gang,

Y'all are such an insightful, smart bunch. I've not been tested to the degree that some of you have as far as being in the presence of alcohol with others. Making progress though!

Hope this crisp day is being good to you.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Hi, Octsobers.

You all are The Best.

Still working on the mounds of laundry here . . .

Be back later.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Octsobers; see you tomorrow.

Sending love.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Night Leigh. Sleep well. I'm right behind you tonight.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:38 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Wednesday. Turning the corner today on this first week of post holiday back to normal. Seems like winter may have decided to make an appearance after all. Still not much snow for you in the northland though right? My son got in last night still commenting on the cold in NYC.

So not much of interest for me to post.......just good ole sober routine.

Wishing each of you the best day! Gym time.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

I've been avoiding the gym-figured with coughing and sneezing all over the place,m they'd rather not see me. I'll be hitting the gym after work today (or that's the plan at least). Enjoy your day gang.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Im feeling a little more normal (whatever normal means lol) with my work routine back in place. Would you believe that I've still got stuff to move from the apartment?! Ugh. I'd like to knock it out tonight, but we'll see. I've got another week to clear it out. The last month has been a true test of my ability to "roll with it" as life's surprises come up. I'm hanging in but honestly this girl is just physically tired and emotionally drained. And it's got the AV talking. Hopefully it'll shut up now that there's not so much eat, drink, and be merry opportunity around. Last night, I stuffed it with pizza and leftover Hershey kisses, worked like a charm.

BD, I hope that workout helps. Sometimes it's good to clear out the congestion. Feel better soon!

So thankful for your listening ears and support here!
Old 01-06-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Cold start. A whopping 10 degrees. Winter is here, but i read it won't last. 50 by Sunday!

Have a great day folks.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

You're really navigating some MAJOR life change Conquest. Good stuff, but still a mighty big adjustment none the less. I can see how the AV may come calling to offer you a bit of 'comfort'. You got this!
Old 01-06-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Good morning everyone! Im feeling a little more normal (whatever normal means lol) with my work routine back in place. Would you believe that I've still got stuff to move from the apartment?! Ugh. I'd like to knock it out tonight, but we'll see. I've got another week to clear it out. The last month has been a true test of my ability to "roll with it" as life's surprises come up. I'm hanging in but honestly this girl is just physically tired and emotionally drained. And it's got the AV talking. Hopefully it'll shut up now that there's not so much eat, drink, and be merry opportunity around. Last night, I stuffed it with pizza and leftover Hershey kisses, worked like a charm.

BD, I hope that workout helps. Sometimes it's good to clear out the congestion. Feel better soon!

So thankful for your listening ears and support here!
I echo what Mark said, Conquest. You are experiencing two major life events - a marriage and a move. Your emotions will level out soon. In the meantime, deep breaths and chocolate. Dark Hershey kisses are great straight out of the freezer.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
I've been avoiding the gym-figured with coughing and sneezing all over the place,m they'd rather not see me. I'll be hitting the gym after work today (or that's the plan at least). Enjoy your day gang.

Feel better, BD. There is a lot of crud going around today.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Good morning gang and happy Wednesday. Turning the corner today on this first week of post holiday back to normal. Seems like winter may have decided to make an appearance after all. Still not much snow for you in the northland though right? My son got in last night still commenting on the cold in NYC.

So not much of interest for me to post.......just good ole sober routine.

Wishing each of you the best day! Gym time.
Hope you had a good workout, Mark.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Good morning, Octsobers.

Have a great day, all.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
In the meantime, deep breaths and chocolate. Dark Hershey kisses are great straight out of the freezer.
Omg Leigh, I just ate four of them for lunch! Leftover red and green from the holidays. 8)
Old 01-06-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Lol; they are the best!!!!!