Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 24

Old 12-21-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Menu is all set for Christmas Eve and I know that I have too many items, but I plan on a small amount of each, so there will be a lot of variety. Today's agenda is cleaning, assembling gift bags (everyone gets a bag of soap, lotion, etc) and perhaps some shopping. I'd like to get a long walk in there. Nice to be off at this time of year. Happy Monday my friends.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Morning guys, off to a rough start with my screwed up brain, hopefully I can get on track if I push through and go through the motions for a while. I feel like I'm drowning, but life goes on.

Gearing up for Christmas. I love Christmas so much, nothing will ruin it for me. Wrapped presents with my daughter yesterday, and she is so excited too. She's at a great age for this, 4 years.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I hope your daughter's joy will give you a boost, Briar.

I've been feeling disorganized. The house is messy, we have puppy gates up and toss things to the other side as needed. Boxes from all the gifts ordered. Behind on baking, and feeling tired. I reached out to my brother and may find myself entertaining them on Christmas Eve. My feeling ready for that. It will be a simple meal because we will be out to church for a few hours before they come. Still not 100%. Would be good to do it and be done for the vacation, though.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Drowning from all the things you have to do Briar? Keep in mind we can't do it all. We can only do one thing at a time.

It is a great time of year for the kiddos. Having children has definitely brought back life into Christmas for me.

Cookies anyone? Wife made a bunch and there's no way we can finish them all.

image-3470413953.jpg
Old 12-21-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I adore that cake and its message, Briar. Everyone deserves a treat like that! What a lucky guy.

Speaking of lucky guys, I survived my trip in the wilderness with my new hubby. And now I'm down right tired. Everything just seems to be totally out of my comfort zone lately. And I'm gonna be honest, the cravings are strong. Luckily, I'm smarter now and know it's because I'm tired and feeling a little overwhelmed. A long nap should do the trick.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Drowning from all the things you have to do Briar? Keep in mind we can't do it all. We can only do one thing at a time.

It is a great time of year for the kiddos. Having children has definitely brought back life into Christmas for me.

Cookies anyone? Wife made a bunch and there's no way we can finish them all.

Attachment 28461
Yes, please and thank you.

Those cookies look great, Arbor.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
I adore that cake and its message, Briar. Everyone deserves a treat like that! What a lucky guy.

Speaking of lucky guys, I survived my trip in the wilderness with my new hubby. And now I'm down right tired. Everything just seems to be totally out of my comfort zone lately. And I'm gonna be honest, the cravings are strong. Luckily, I'm smarter now and know it's because I'm tired and feeling a little overwhelmed. A long nap should do the trick.
Enjoy that nap, conquest. Waking up refreshed will feel great.

Alcohol made me feel so very out of control; it was an awful feeling. Deep breathing works for me when I feel anxious or stressed or crazed.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
I hope your daughter's joy will give you a boost, Briar.

I've been feeling disorganized. The house is messy, we have puppy gates up and toss things to the other side as needed. Boxes from all the gifts ordered. Behind on baking, and feeling tired. I reached out to my brother and may find myself entertaining them on Christmas Eve. My feeling ready for that. It will be a simple meal because we will be out to church for a few hours before they come. Still not 100%. Would be good to do it and be done for the vacation, though.
Hope dinner with your brother works out well, Phoebe; it would nice to work through the stress of the experience before Christmas so that you enjoy the rest of the holidays.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
Menu is all set for Christmas Eve and I know that I have too many items, but I plan on a small amount of each, so there will be a lot of variety. Today's agenda is cleaning, assembling gift bags (everyone gets a bag of soap, lotion, etc) and perhaps some shopping. I'd like to get a long walk in there. Nice to be off at this time of year. Happy Monday my friends.
Cleaning is still on my list, too, BD, and I have two Christmas gifts bags to put together.

After that, I'll be finished with the prep.

Then it's 'on to the celebrations'.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Morning guys, off to a rough start with my screwed up brain, hopefully I can get on track if I push through and go through the motions for a while. I feel like I'm drowning, but life goes on.

Gearing up for Christmas. I love Christmas so much, nothing will ruin it for me. Wrapped presents with my daughter yesterday, and she is so excited too. She's at a great age for this, 4 years.
four is such a perfect age for Christmas; so much magic in their little hearts.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Have a great day, Octsobers.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, Leigh. I needed that reminder. And Arbor's reminder was helpful too. I can't do it all at once.
I took a nap, got the utility stuff in order and scheduled the movers for tomorrow morning. It'll feel really good to get it done. Right now, I've just got to get the little stuff out of the way. One thing at a time.

Those cookies look fantastic!!!
Old 12-21-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Conquest, are the movers to get the stuff from your place to the new one? Arbor and Briar and Conquest, there is such Christmas magic with the little ones. My youngest nephew is six-he'll be here Christmas Eve and Christmas Day I have the greats-, four, two and one-they are getting these books, so cute https://www.lostmy.name/en-US/books/...FcOQHwodtUMD7w, the gift for the 6 year old was delayed and won't arrive in time, but it's not likely he will notice-I will pop over after Christmas with his Lego Star Wars Advance Tie Prototype (whatever that is-I am sure it's very cool, LOL). I love everything about Christmas and Arbor, those cookies are adorable!
Old 12-21-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Arbor, the cookies look great!

Thank you, Leigh. I agree with you, but feel stressed about adding dinner for 9 to my Christmas Eve, on rather short notice. Deep breaths. We are pretty casual, though. I will ask them to bring a side dish, like a big salad.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

It's impressive indeed how you ladies are preparing for the festivities and seem to be enjoying it for the most part. And a finer bunch of Christmas cookies I've never seen.

BD when I looked at the children's book you posted it sparked an ancient memory in my mind of a book I read as a child called 'Are You My Mother?'. Funny how some things stay with us.

All this talk of children and Christmas makes me want another baby! Always wanted four. As I can't manage that alone I guess I shall wait for grandchildren.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

That's one great book, Mark. Loved it.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Octsobers; there's no more wind in my sails. I'm pooped.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good night Leigh. Looooong day here so headed that way pretty soon too.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Nite lovely people, sleep well
Old 12-21-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thanks, venuscat.