Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 24

Old 12-31-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

What a difference in a year... Spent the day in pajamas with jr. on the couch, learning this new role I have the awesome opportunity to have. We're both having some growing pains with all this change. But overall, things are going very well. Tonight, we're going to a friends for dinner and then coming home to do fireworks and make s'mores in the fire pit with some neighbors. I'm sure the guys will have a couple, but the lady doesnt drink either. And she's just the sweetest, always fun to hang out with. It should be a really nice night. It's also a relief to know that we'll be off the roads before it gets too goofy out there.
Wishing each of you a very happy, healthy start to 2016!!!!
Old 12-31-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Your new role is not easy Conquest; you are competition for Cowboy's attention and not Junior's Mom. Sounds like you're doing a great job. I'm sure that 2016 will mean a lot of growth for your new family. I wish you much happiness.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Conquest it sounds like you are doing a great job adjusting to your new role. Jr is a lucky kid to have you around, and I'm sure you guys will figure out how to navigate the conflicts that will inevitably arise as they do in all families.

No parties for us tonight. We went out for sushi, our NYE tradition, and I'm doing a late walk with my buddy in a few. My daughter and husband are watching the polar express. It's all good in the hood. We will watch the ball drop at 9 so she can see what that's all about, then we will go to bed. We usually wake up briefly at midnight when people nearby holler and fire off a few big illegal fireworks. We have a new year kiss and go back to sleep. We are definitely tired parents these days!

Looking forward to waking up fresh and sprightly on national hangover day!

Happy new year to you guys!
Old 12-31-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great New Years Eve Briar.

No party here either. Well, if you don't count my three year old dancing about that is. Stayed up a bit later than normal tonight.

We cooked in something special we never do. Homemade clam chowder, Brazillian lobster tails, and T-bone steaks on the grill. Finished it off with some peach ice cream.

You've got quite the life it seems now Conquest. Happy for you and your family! Quite the challenges we all seem to be facing these days. All good ones of course. Take it day by day.

Not sure if we will be up for midnight, but who cares. That seven month old baby could wake any moment. Time to get some rest while we can.

Happy New Year team! Best wishes for you all in 2016!!
Old 12-31-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

We were at the neighbor's house a bit later than expected. It was nice to socialize. I keep to myself too much. So, we are home now and it's close enough that the kids want to watch the ball drop. So we will. I'm a bit wide awake at the moment after so much chatting.

Happy New Year friends!
Old 01-01-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Happy 2016, sweet Octsobers!

We're starting the new year off by pulling up carpet. Jr's huge aquarium leaked all over, soaking about 20-30 sq.ft. with tank water...eeewww. It's just bad. And it was not fun to discover in the wee hours of morning. Cowboy is usually pretty deliberate and gentle with his words. Not so much this time. He dropped every cuss bomb in his arsenal. Lol...Sigh...We've wanted new floors so this is just speeding up the process, right? Yay!!

Time to put on my patience, love, and self-control! But first, coffee.
How was everyone's evening?
Old 01-01-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Oh boy Conquest. What timing. Way to look at the bright side of things though. You were gonna replace the floors anyhow. First new project of the year!

Was a good night. Went to bed before the ball even dropped. Today we are headed to my sisters for the afternoon. The kids can all play together. Another meal on the agenda!

Have a great holiday everyone.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Head cold is kicking my butt-time for a little self-care and laziness. Happy New Year all!
Old 01-01-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Oh man, Conquest, that sucks. You will get your new floors though

That's how we ended up with new floors in our old place, surprise water damage. It was actually a direct result of one of my many blackouts, oops! Never again!

Feels great to be hangover-free this morning! It's a nice frosty, sunny morning. Will be a great day for a walk. Maybe I can get the family outside for a while.

Happy new year!
Old 01-01-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Hi gang,

It was a quiet evening here with the older two kids away. Even when I drank NYE was usually quiet......drunk, but quiet.

I've just returned from grocery with stuff for a nice oyster stew. Should be nice with the cloudy breezy day in the 40s. Food and football is the agenda.

Sorry about the stinky water Conquest.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Oyster stew sounds fantastic Mark!

Not so exciting here food-wise. I'm trying to use up what we have, so I think tonight will be maple chicken sausages, sweet potatoes, and green beans.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Oooo...maple chicken sausage. And oysters, Mark? What a treat. I like them on the half shell.

At sisters. Everyone else is drinking beer including wife which is rare. Got my pu-erh tea going. Where's my friend briar at?!
Old 01-01-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Right here with my green matcha.

Here's a pic that represents the new year for me - tea, shedding of the old, a window to the future, and blank pages for a new and better story.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Nice one Briar. Real nice...
Old 01-01-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Oh, I love that. Did you take that picture Briar?

Glad everyone had a nice quiet night. Sorry about the carpet Conquest, and the cold BD.

Good morning Arbor.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Morning V. What's up? How was your New Years ?
Old 01-01-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

I wasn't feeling well on Thursday night, and I went to bed by 10. Very exciting!!
Old 01-01-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

No I found that pic as I was cruising Google.

Glad you got some rest V, sounds like you needed it.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

I really like that pic Briar, full of hope.

Once again, yall have made me hungry. We're having a graze all day buffet of whatever is in the fridge. The New Years clean-eating resolution will start tomorrow, once the leftover pizza is gone.

In honor of BD's head cold, I'm having a cup of peppermint tea with a slice of Meyer lemon. (Both are supposed to help with congestion and allergies.) Enjoy the relaxation time folks!
Old 01-01-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

I hope you're feeling better BD.

Lots of tea talk around here......I still would like to try the vanilla ginger mix Arbor referenced. Where does one find that stuff?

Oyster stew is good. As usual my little one gags at the sight of the slimy little critters.

I hope you're enjoying the family time Arbor......despite the beer. When I was at Kroger earlier I found myself passing all the beer and had to laugh as I recalled sparkos and the hissing tactic. I hope he is well.

I like that pic as well briar......lots of blank pages fill in 2016. Frankly, I'm at loose ends in my life. Dare I say a midlife crisis? The kids growing up and an often quiet and empty house really is the turn of a page. Without putting undue pressure on myself I do hope that 2016 will be the year that things begin to be more clear to me as to my future.

Leigh, do you still have all your guests?