Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 5

Old 12-05-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

I can't believe this is day 8 for me already! I slept well on Saturday night and I have woken up at a reasonable time. I am back to work tomorrow after quite a bit of time off and cant wait to get back to being more active and having something to focus on.

I hope you are all well :-)
Old 12-05-2015, 09:48 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

DAY 9
Still going strong... Today the apartment gets decorated and for a treat we'll be heading to our local cavalry for a traditional English Roast (yum). Tomorrow me and the hubby go shopping for Xmas prezzies. Totally loving life sober
Hope my lovely class has a super Sunday
Old 12-05-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Paul! 8 days!!!

Determined! 9 days!!!

You guys are kicking arse!!!

I'm off to bed! Nite! :-)
Old 12-06-2015, 12:45 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! After a midnight anxiety fest I decided something in the dark... similar to Patricia and Kiki. .. I am going to mend me. Fix me. I found a pillar of strength inside me and am going to use that to become the me I want. I guess it won't be easy... but a few things have made me think this is what i need ....

I feel happy this morning and calm... kids are watching TV, eating melon, I am planning my weeks lessons, urghhhh, but I am at least doing it...it's a killer week of doom and in the night I wanted to die or run away, but the strength told me to sort it out, and cope! So I am.

I am going to do what I want... no more evenings of having a beer and trying to communicate with my husband, while ignoring kids and work... I will.prioritise my kids..... and if he wants to talk, then we will!

Demons are coming out and I'm punching them in the face!

Happy and peaceful Sunday guys xx
Old 12-06-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Morning class! As always, I am thinking of you all. Typing on phone makes it hard to remember and reply to each post. But I just wanted to say I am reading everything and thinking of you all.

Morning of day 32. We have a rather grim gale in the UK. But hey. I'm sober. Having a day of Christmas shopping with my parents. (I currently live with them, due to, well, a lot of things!)

Have a peaceful day. Sv X
Old 12-06-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I understand completely about buffalo wings, but I urge caution going back into bars. I went back too soon many a time...did well for a first visit, sometimes a second or a third, but caved almost immediately the next time. I understand we're all different, but bars exist to sell booze. I think there are safer places to hang out, at least until you feel you're rock solid in recovery D
Agreed. Buffalo wings can be enjoyed in safer places!
Old 12-06-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Yaayyyy...14 days already!! Feels good to hit these initial milestones.

My counselor told me that unless I take on some '12 step' approach I won't be properly recovering from my addiction - essentially implying I'll be a dry drunk.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone else here involved in such a recovery program?

Speaking of recovery, I can barely walk today because of yesterday's race. But...I'm up at 6am and only hungover from the run so it could be much worse!
Old 12-06-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Day 2. Happy to be sober. Was so tired yesterday after Friday's blackout. But, I got my holiday shopping done. Today is yoga and putting my house in order. I will not drink today. One day at a time... Grateful for my sweet husband who makes me laugh and reminds how much better we are when I'm sober.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I find my husband much more difficult to be around now that I'm sober, or maybe I have less patience. I think I never really learned how to set boundaries with him, it was easier to have a drink instead.
Thank God I'm not the only one feeling like i want to throw something at my husband. I think I need Anger Management. ..In the words of Jack Nicholson...."Goosefrabah"
Old 12-06-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Good morning Class, up early again and planning my day. It's great to have you back on board Strangeangel, together we are strong! Enfin, you sound so much stronger today, keep it up girl, you got this!

SM, congratulations on an impressive marathon yesterday!

Wishing everyone a safe and sober Sunday.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Morning everyone! After a midnight anxiety fest I decided something in the dark... similar to Patricia and Kiki. .. I am going to mend me. Fix me. I found a pillar of strength inside me and am going to use that to become the me I want. I guess it won't be easy... but a few things have made me think this is what i need ....

I feel happy this morning and calm... kids are watching TV, eating melon, I am planning my weeks lessons, urghhhh, but I am at least doing it...it's a killer week of doom and in the night I wanted to die or run away, but the strength told me to sort it out, and cope! So I am.

I am going to do what I want... no more evenings of having a beer and trying to communicate with my husband, while ignoring kids and work... I will.prioritise my kids..... and if he wants to talk, then we will!

Demons are coming out and I'm punching them in the face!

Happy and peaceful Sunday guys xx
So happy to hear this!!
Old 12-06-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, love the sober weekend posts.
So grateful to be sober this morning, feeling well and able to take my kids out to do something fun today!
The scale has finally changed for once- down 1 pound! Seems like nothing but that thing hasn't changed by even 1 pound in a long time so, it's a step in the right direction. I mean, something has got to give now that I am not drinking all those calories anymore! Not missing that bloated feeling after drinking 12 IPAs.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Good morning.

Yesterday I started taking the supplements that my naturopathic doctor prescribed. I know it might take up to a week to see the full results but I already feel much better. I slept through the night and the morning anxiety diminished at least 50 percent.

I am shocked to learn about some of these supplements. Like some of the vitamins I need to take are 300 to 2000% of the Daily Value! It's scary how much alcohol depletes our body of nutrients! And how much damage it does to our nervous system! Wow, talk about slowly killing yourself....

Have a great sober day everyone!
Old 12-06-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=enfinthechange;5676457]Morning everyone! After a midnight anxiety fest I decided something in the dark... similar to Patricia and Kiki. .. I am going to mend me. Fix me. I found a pillar of strength inside me and am going to use that to become the me I want. I guess it won't be easy... but a few things have made me think this is what i need ....

Awesome, Enfin! Way to take control of the situation by focusing on what you can do.

Good morning to All! Sleep was kind of off the last two nights (woke up a lot) but so much better than drunk pass out sleep. I've got a pretty laid back day planned: a little bit of shopping, cleaning, cooking and the gym. My kind of Sunday I hope you all have a good one!
Old 12-06-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoldenSands View Post
Good morning everyone, love the sober weekend posts.
So grateful to be sober this morning, feeling well and able to take my kids out to do something fun today!
The scale has finally changed for once- down 1 pound! Seems like nothing but that thing hasn't changed by even 1 pound in a long time so, it's a step in the right direction. I mean, something has got to give now that I am not drinking all those calories anymore! Not missing that bloated feeling after drinking 12 IPAs.

I PA used to mean I'm Pissed Again in our house. ..no more eh!!!! 1 lb today... more tomorrow! !!
Old 12-06-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday everyone!

I feel like a 10 tonne weight has been taken off my shoulders now that the stupid work Xmas party is in the past. Whew. That was a lot of obsessing for me.

Next obsession, Christmas Eve drinks and snacks at the office before we shut down for the holidays.

StrangeAngel - I agree with the person who suggested 'faking it til you make it'. That's what is working for me, for now. I do my best to not think about everything too much and just 'don't drink'. I don't feel like my commitment is 100%, I don't feel confident about what I am doing, I don't have a clue what I am doing, or where I will be in a week/day/year....I just keep forcing myself to 'not drink' and hope that one day this all makes sense to me.

Dee - It's truly helpful to hear that you were a million different people in the first 90 days. I keep having these overwhelming emotional episodes that I don't really know what to do with that make me feel like someone I don't even know.

I am happy to read of members making progress both mentally and physically. To those struggling, just keep going, don't give up.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Yaayyyy...14 days already!! Feels good to hit these initial milestones.

My counselor told me that unless I take on some '12 step' approach I won't be properly recovering from my addiction - essentially implying I'll be a dry drunk.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone else here involved in such a recovery program?

Speaking of recovery, I can barely walk today because of yesterday's race. But...I'm up at 6am and only hungover from the run so it could be much worse!
Hey sober-
It seems as though many people use both approaches, but I think I'm going to go with the 12 steps because I'm thinking "how can it hurt?" It seems as if even though we manage to stop drinking we still aren't dealing with the root issues. (hence the dry drunk) I don't want to be sober and miserable, which is pretty much how I'm feeling 50% of the time and I'm at day 29. I hear this all gets better over time, but I want to do everything I can to have a happy fulfilling life.
I hope you're not sore too long. That's a great accomplishment you made. I'm lucky to run 2 miles without stopping for a walking break!

Last edited by Keepnitreal; 12-06-2015 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Spell
Old 12-06-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Thank God I'm not the only one feeling like i want to throw something at my husband. I think I need Anger Management. ..In the words of Jack Nicholson...."Goosefrabah"
It sounds like the majority of us are having the same problems with the hubbies! They better shape up!!!! Haha
Old 12-06-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Good morning.

Yesterday I started taking the supplements that my naturopathic doctor prescribed. I know it might take up to a week to see the full results but I already feel much better. I slept through the night and the morning anxiety diminished at least 50 percent.

I am shocked to learn about some of these supplements. Like some of the vitamins I need to take are 300 to 2000% of the Daily Value! It's scary how much alcohol depletes our body of nutrients! And how much damage it does to our nervous system! Wow, talk about slowly killing yourself....

Have a great sober day everyone!
Patricia-so glad to hear how much better you're feeling today! Keep it up! So happy for you!

KIR
Old 12-06-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

I feel so relieved that other people feel frustrated with their significant others!!! I'll be married 6 months in a few days and it's been so hard!! Drinking definitely hasn't been helping. My husband is so busy with his school work (architect) that he's never home and I felt lonely. Soooo I drank to not feel so alone. Obviously that backfired. He's off now for s month and we can really enjoy our time together, so I'm motivated to not screw if up with being wasted. Nervous about holiday party I have coming up, but I've got Antabuse so I'm gonna do that. Anxiety mounting. I need to think about it enough so I don't make an impulsive decision on Friday, but I don't want to over think it. I know I will survive if I don't drink. Why does it now always feel that way tough??