Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 5

Old 12-03-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

On my way home from dropping the kids off at school I was T-boned by a young girl who ran a stop sign. She pushed me into a very sturdy utility pole and I'm pretty sure my truck is totaled. The airbag popped me in the face and my hands are a little cut up and bruised. Body is sore. No one was hurt seriously though. My husband is out of town, and my phone mysteriously stopped working for the ONE hour I really needed it to (Murphy's law) so the the police officer took me home.

I'm still a little frazzled by all this.... o.k...? now what do I do? go on about my day like I wasn't just in this big accident? Life is surreal at this moment.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Max-great job on 24, I mean 34 days!!! Ha. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I'm still exhausted & not feeling great either but I need to get on a better sleep schedule.

Jemma-I agree with KeepItReal! Praying!!!

Tater- I know how you feel. My sponsor said that the longer I stay sober the less the past will bother me. I will learn to forgive myself & so will you. I'm working the 12 steps & step 9 is making amends, so that will help. My sponsor said by the time I get to step 9 I should have a decent amount of sobriety. She said making amends will allow me to look the world in the eye again. Hang in there & be good to yourself. You are really doing great!

FaithfulandFree- your cravings WILL get easier! I'm on day 18 & they have significantly decreased in length, frequency & intensity! Each day it truly gets easier! I didn't think it would ever get better but I promise it does!!!

SwimKim- I have ways of irritability too!!! My kids & husband suddenly disappear. Lol

Blondsober- woohoo! 11 days! YES! Stick with November! There's no better class out there!!! Caffeine...hmmm...zero experience except the few times I drank it & it caused a panic attack. Ugh. It doesn't like me.

Supertired-that's what I need to do! "Tire myself out & get on a normal sleep schedule!" Right now I'm on a 2:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m sleep schedule (or something like that!) pathetic.

Texas- great job not drinking that wine but be careful sitting at the bar. Eeeek! That makes me nervous. :-0

Thumbelina- yep...you're on day 34! Ha. Congrats!!!

MeShelly- no caffeine for me either! My anxiety is bad enough sometimes! What about switching to tea Blondsober?
Old 12-03-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
On my way home from dropping the kids off at school I was T-boned by a young girl who ran a stop sign. She pushed me into a very sturdy utility pole and I'm pretty sure my truck is totaled. The airbag popped me in the face and my hands are a little cut up and bruised. Body is sore. No one was hurt seriously though. My husband is out of town, and my phone mysteriously stopped working for the ONE hour I really needed it to (Murphy's law) so the the police officer took me home. I'm still a little frazzled by all this.... o.k...? now what do I do? go on about my day like I wasn't just in this big accident? Life is surreal at this moment.
(((Blackbird)))

Thank God you are ok!!! You must be pretty shaken up!

You did the right thing posting here so we can support you.

First, take some deep breaths. Everything will be ok. Next, check to see if you are hungry or thirsty & eat some lunch or snack & drink some water, tea, juice etc. Take a bath? Get all I our needs met FIRST before you worry about your truck.

THEN call your insurance company & report the accident. They will take care of everything from there including getting you a rental car ASAP & fixing or replacing your car at the other drivers expense.

Deep breaths...everything will be ok & remember...if your AV starts whispering, tell it to shut up because alcohol will just make everything worse!

(((Hug)))
Old 12-03-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Max-great job on 24, I mean 34 days!!! Ha. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I'm still exhausted & not feeling great either but I need to get on a better sleep schedule.

Jemma-I agree with KeepItReal! Praying!!!

Tater- I know how you feel. My sponsor said that the longer I stay sober the less the past will bother me. I will learn to forgive myself & so will you. I'm working the 12 steps & step 9 is making amends, so that will help. My sponsor said by the time I get to step 9 I should have a decent amount of sobriety. She said making amends will allow me to look the world in the eye again. Hang in there & be good to yourself. You are really doing great!

FaithfulandFree- your cravings WILL get easier! I'm on day 18 & they have significantly decreased in length, frequency & intensity! Each day it truly gets easier! I didn't think it would ever get better but I promise it does!!!

SwimKim- I have ways of irritability too!!! My kids & husband suddenly disappear. Lol

Blondsober- woohoo! 11 days! YES! Stick with November! There's no better class out there!!! Caffeine...hmmm...zero experience except the few times I drank it & it caused a panic attack. Ugh. It doesn't like me.

Supertired-that's what I need to do! "Tire myself out & get on a normal sleep schedule!" Right now I'm on a 2:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m sleep schedule (or something like that!) pathetic.

Texas- great job not drinking that wine but be careful sitting at the bar. Eeeek! That makes me nervous. :-0

Thumbelina- yep...you're on day 34! Ha. Congrats!!!

MeShelly- no caffeine for me either! My anxiety is bad enough sometimes! What about switching to tea Blondsober?
Haha thanks KiKi, I've always struggled with maths! Thanks so much for being there for us all by the way!

I think we should elect KiKi as our class Head Girl!
Old 12-03-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jemma44 View Post
Well, now I am certain my relationship is over. We have been having major problems. Tonight he came in the bedroom at 12 am ranting about me being Facebook friends with a guy he hates. He just noticed. It's not a new fb friendship. Anyway he said a bunch of evil things, c*** word and all because I wouldn't let him search my phone. He has done this before and then will interrogate me about innocent texts to friends and family.

He then tried recording me in hopes I would say something evil. I've been awake ever since. I can hear him snoring in the next room. I have to get up for work in two hours.

He's done this kind of stuff before, when I was drinking. Now that I'm sober I see how wrong it is.he is drinking I could smell it. I feel so bad for our son. He's only 7 months old

I hate him. We are living in my house. He has 2 other sons who are with us half the time. What do I do?
I'm so sorry Jemma. I hope you find the strength to stay sober for yourself and your precious baby. I also hope you have support from friends or family. Stay strong xo
Old 12-03-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Morning all

Just checkin in....not a lot to say, just swinging along, Friday, weekend , all those sort of issues I guess, but get through and the incentive is another week up.
Wake very early usually so get up and do something before heading into work. It's a great, relaxing quiet time....sets me up for the day. Doesn't happen hungover.....

Sorry to read of the marriage difficulties, its sad stuff. I'd say just withdraw, disengage for a while until things calm down....try and understand the other person is suffering too in their own way. Then maybe you can find your way back to something better.

another sober day everybody.....have a good one
Old 12-03-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumbelina View Post
Haha thanks KiKi, I've always struggled with maths! Thanks so much for being there for us all by the way! I think we should elect KiKi as our classe's Head Girl!
Haha Thumbelina! It helps me stay sober. There have been a few nights where I really wanted a drink but then I said to myself "No! You can't! Who will send out the class list in the morning?" Lol

And by the way, the only thing I was ever good at being the "Head" of was the drinking club! Always the first to puke, pass out, get in trouble, get kicked out of a bar etc. :-0
Old 12-03-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Thanks, Kiki. I had some lunch and a glass of water. Called the insurance company. No way will I make this day worse by drinking. I was also scheduled for my second psych appointment.... forgot all about it until just now.

I knew I should have stayed in bed this morning!
Old 12-03-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Blackbird, I'm so sorry to hear about the accident but I am very glad you are okay. I totaled my car five years ago (lost control on the freeway and slammed into a median). I wasn't hurt but I had that same surreal feeling. My dad picked me up and once I got home I just didn't know what to do with myself. I remember thinking "I just want to go to work!"

The good news is you were sober when it happened. And that you are sober still! Yeah there will be some paperwork and it may take a little time to get insurance stuff straightened out but that is very doable.

Be kind to yourself today. (((Blackbird)))
Old 12-03-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

You're stronger than me Blackbird. I really have NO idea what MY AV would try to convince me to do if I was in your situation! My AV is evil & will use ANYTHING to try to get me to drink! :-(

You are doing great! I know what you mean...there are some days that I think I should have just stayed in bed too but not as many in the last 18 days...imagine that! That teen who hit you will lose her license if she's under 18. She should! If she doesn't know how to stop at a stop sign...! She was probably texting! SMH. She could have killed you! Grrrrr!

Anyway...check in again if you need to. I will try to stay close. (((Another hug)))
Old 12-03-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Thanks for the cyber hugs not stronger kiki, believe me. My AV fights dirty too.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Blackbird, I am so sorry about your accident this morning.

Be good to yourself! I was in a pretty bad wreck a few years ago, a semi turned right in front of our pick up on the highway and we slammed into it. We were lucky as all get out, neither my husband nor I were seriously injured...but holy wow...I felt like someone had beaten me with a baseball bat for the next two weeks. I would imagine you will be sore from the impact....and if your insurance offers some sort of rehabilitation (physical therapy, chiropractic, massage?) take advantage of it to help counter the effects of the soft tissue damage....

Sending healing thoughts your way!
Old 12-03-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meshelly View Post
I had to quit coffee as well. It was making me a nervous wreck. I made the switch to black tea in the morning, green in the afternoon and herbal in the evening. I tried a cup of coffee last weekend cause i wanted some extra energy, but i noticed i didn't feel well the rest of the day. I think i'll just stick to tea.
I may have to do that. It's funny they call people that drink alcohol "drinkers" - but I've always thought it means something larger - you drink to relax, to relieve stress, then you drink water to offset the alcohol, then caffeine to wake up, then then then.

You basically think drinking something is going to solve problems, but it usually doesn't.

Long way of saying I might have to give up coffee too!
Old 12-03-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jemma44 View Post
I have no desire to drink. In fact, I feel stronger than ever because I know I now have a long tough road ahead of me in which sobriety is an absolute must. He will try to use my alcoholism to keep my child from me. He is an addict/alcoholic too. And it will end up being who has the most evidence of the others' drunken behavior, which unfortunately he probably does because he's a gadget guy and has probably been recording me more than I know. Ugh this is awful.
Hi Jemma. Boy does this sound familiar. When I first came to SR in 2011 it was as I was divorcing my first husband. Things got very bad between us and I was drinking to numb out and ignore (now I drink for any reason under the sun)

I knew that I needed to get sober before I left. And I did, plotted it. He had skeletons in his closet too. Very big ones. The best thing you can do is just stay sober and present, be there for your son. It will all be ok.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CurlyGirl1978 View Post
Day 27 and work was very taxing for me. I am not a visual learner but that is mostly what the training consisted of. I am having a hard time but I refuse to give up. My husband just told me that our parakeet, Ricky, has passed away. We've had him for 6 years. I wanna cry. I need to cry. What I don't need to do is hide the pain or drink it away. Feelings suck.
sorry to hear about the loss of Ricky curlygirl. (hugs)
Old 12-03-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blondsober View Post
I may have to do that. It's funny they call people that drink alcohol "drinkers" - but I've always thought it means something larger - you drink to relax, to relieve stress, then you drink water to offset the alcohol, then caffeine to wake up, then then then.

You basically think drinking something is going to solve problems, but it usually doesn't.

Long way of saying I might have to give up coffee too!
Give up coffee???
Old 12-03-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

I've been drinking a ton more coffee since quitting and my sleep is all over the place but it's better than drinking. I need to cut down my coffee intake at some point but it's still early days for me so I figure 'whatever works'

Feeling strong today, onward and upward!
Old 12-03-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

So sorry about your accident, blackbird. How scary! Glad you're ok.

Thanks for the support. Have not spoken to OH besides a text regarding our son. He did send an apology text, but I have not responded. I'm too angry and hurt, so do not trust myself to respond, as it will turn into another fight. I have a billion things I want to say to him, but will hold my tongue today and try to relax and take care of myself and baby.

I too have said horrible things to him while wasted. But 2 wrongs don't make a right. More like 50,000 wrongs don't make a right.

I truly feel that there is too much damage done to repair, even with counseling. I would prefer to simply get my own counselor.

Congrats to all of us! This is a great class and I'm proud to be a part of it
Old 12-03-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Administrator

really glad you're OK BBF

D
Old 12-03-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post

What are chocolate biscuits??? Mmmmm!
You're kidding.... right??? You need chocolate biscuits....they are awesome! !

Keep.up the good work!!!