Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 5

Old 12-07-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Good morning all! I noticed that a few of you are reading Drinking: A Love Story, which is a really good book! I also wanted to recommend Guts: The Endless Follies and Tiny Triumphs of a Giant Disaster by Kristen Johnston. You might know her from 3rd Rock From the Sun. She talks about her struggles with alcoholism while managing to be hilarious at the same time. It's not a very well known book, but it's really good and I think you all would love it! =)
Old 12-07-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Hi Class! Quick check in for me. Grateful to start the week without any hangover symptoms. I certainly will never forget the last hangover I had bc it may have been the worst ever. I'm going to really keep my guard up this week. Tuesday is two weeks and I haven't made it past two weeks in the last four months. I know I can do it this time. Something is different, I can feel it. It's like a switch was flipped or something.

Take care, All!
Old 12-07-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone has started off the week much healthier and sober than before. I am doing very well. I have been to the gym a straight 6 days in a row so I'm feeling much more energized than I have been in several months. I'm getting everything ready for this weekend. I am going to Arizona to watch the USWNT(United States Women's National Team) play against China at University of Phoenix Stadium. I have a relative in Phoenix I can stay with for a day. I'm also looking forward to going to the cemetery on Saturday and put Christmas decorations on my mom's grave. Then I'm going to an old Mary Pickford film screening in Hollywood for that afternoon. I'm going to do my best to lose one or two pounds this week so I can show off my healthy glow to friends and family this weekend. Looking forward to reading everybody's postings this week.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Day 37

Checking in......still feelig like crap!
This journey is a crazy roller coaster ride!
Even being sick myAV says "wouldnt a whisky sour be nice?"
Fresh orange juice for me.

Cheers!
Old 12-07-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
It's snowing heavily today, I don't think I can go for a walk
Ugh. Do you have snowshoes or cross country skis? Haha
Old 12-07-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dustmeoff View Post
I'm on day 16 after three decades of nearly daily drinking and read this thread every day. I went through the usual withdrawal symptoms, and except for feeling really tired in the middle of the day, am feeling strong now. Just thought it was time to say hi and thanks!

Hi and welcome! Glad to have you here!

@- Ultra dad-have you ever tried Yoga when you are stressed? So many people swear by it! I've tried it in the past, but it moves so slow that it stresses me out! Lol. I am going to try again because the people I know who all do it are pretty low key and handle stress a bit better! It's great for flexibility and lengthening muscles too. Might be a good compliment to your current fitness regime.

Starting day 29 here. I woke up at 3:30 and couldn't fall back to sleep, so I've already done my workout and morning chores. I think I'll work on Christmas cards and wrapping a few gifts that need to be shipped. I'm going to try to minimize stress by taking baby steps!

Have a great day everybody!

KIR
Old 12-07-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Spent all yesterday and this morning finihing off my last paper of the semester. Could not have done this hungover . Yes!!
Old 12-07-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Oh BTW---ladies. (And anybody else who gained while drinking)
I don't know if the lack of calories is finally starting to kick in, but I dropped a few pounds this week! Maybe it just takes a month to make sure we are really serious about this "sobriety" stuff!

KIR
Old 12-07-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Welcome dustmeoff

Feeling for everyone struggling today. God knows it could be me tomorrow. Must stay ever vigilant. I'm on day 11 and have yet to get into a 3rd week since I was in high school . That's my short term goal. Achievable? F*** yea
Old 12-07-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Stumbled across this 4 minute segment on a recovering alcoholic/addict on YouTube. Boy do I relate & it gives me hope!

Worth 4 minutes of your time! :-)

http://youtu.be/z475UE6Zxl0
Old 12-07-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Liver

Hi Guys,

Day 15 I think, lots of cravings over the weekend but somehow survived.

Funny - I am keeping my same workout schedule as ever, and I'm not losing much weight, but I do feel like I'm getting slimmer in my mid-section - I was wondering if my organs (particularly liver) might actually be shrinking since I'm not bombarding them with toxins? I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing something like this? Especially UltraDad, I think he is a male runner too (and glad you are sticking with us!)
Old 12-07-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Hi Max74. I too feel like crap, day 16. My last sobriety streak lasted 8 months and I've been revisiting my posts back in '14 as a reminder that recovery takes time. I just read a post of mine at 50 days, noting feeling flat and blah, the next week I reported sleeping OT and feeling much better than the week before. Yes, it is a roller coaster ride, but in real life, I always enjoyed the rush of the drops more than the rises, haha! Hang in there, it will get better and better!
Old 12-07-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Blondsober, I'm 44 days sober today and I only started losing weight about two weeks ago. I'm 10 pounds down so far, but I did notice that my stomach slimmed down alot before I started actually losing weight. Losing the wine belly is great! =)
Old 12-07-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blondsober View Post
Hi Guys,

Day 15 I think, lots of cravings over the weekend but somehow survived.

Funny - I am keeping my same workout schedule as ever, and I'm not losing much weight, but I do feel like I'm getting slimmer in my mid-section - I was wondering if my organs (particularly liver) might actually be shrinking since I'm not bombarding them with toxins? I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing something like this? Especially UltraDad, I think he is a male runner too (and glad you are sticking with us!)
That's funny I have had the same feeling -- weight isn't changing much, but I feel thinner. Maybe it's just psychological - I haven't measured or anything.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Hey guys. You can take me off the list. I've been drinking again. It's depressing to see where I could have been if I had kept it together.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Or at last knock me back to day 1...
Old 12-07-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Kiki...add me to the Crazy Hormones Week list. I forgot what day it was yesterday and this morning... lol

I really hope I feel better in a couple of days...this is not fun

I went for a little walk when it stopped snowing, but it actually made me feel all dizzy and wobbly. I had a glass of juice, sometimes my blood pressure goes really low during these days. I'm going to rest for a bit. I hope you're feeling better.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DariaM View Post
Hey guys. You can take me off the list. I've been drinking again. It's depressing to see where I could have been if I had kept it together.
Hang in there Daria! I just had a relapse and I know it sucks, we're all in this together! Get to day one and lets see this thing through! Praying for you!
Old 12-07-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DariaM View Post
Or at last knock me back to day 1...
Keep.on trying... it all adds up!
Old 12-07-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

It's the end of day 10.... I was so so so tired today I could have wept, or slept in my desk... got through it! I think I want a new job. One less stressful so I don't always want to cry....a d punch things! N't sure what else I can do!
My husband is also exhausted, and we being very lovely this eve... maybe we are both trying not to be grumpy, so things maybe getting better! !!!

My feet are hurting and swollen still, can that be booze related??? Who know... makes me feel.old though! !!!

See u all tomorrow!!!