Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 5

Old 12-03-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Sobermarathon, I'm glad you had a solid first counseling session. Things are looking good

Paul, congrats making it through that bar session. Great job taking initiative and letting him know beforehand you weren't going to drink. That is very good ammunition against the AV (if it shows up).

Patricia, I'm sorry that you had a rough time today. But the fact you made it though sober is amazing. I admire your strength!

Curly, glad you hear you are doing well And honestly I don't know if it's "on" or "in" the forums...good question

Everyone else that I missed, I hope you are well! Got a few errands done after work tonight and it was relieving to check some things off the list.

Thank you all for keeping my grounded in my recovery.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
They call them biscuits in the UK, we call them cookies in North America I think they call them cookies in Australia too, let's wait until Dee comes back
OH! Haha! Of course we have chocolate cookies (biscuits). Lol
Old 12-03-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Morning class! Hope we've all woken up fresh due to our wonderful sobriety.

DAY 7
I am so very glad that I have made it to a week! This is probably the longest I have been sober for since our holiday earlier this year. I'm scared about tonight and tomorrow night but I am determined to not cave this weekend and am remaining completely on guard. Tomorrow me and the the other half are getting our tree, tidying the apartment and putting all our decorations up. This will only be possible if we stay sober so that's exactly what I intend us to do. Happy Friday everyone x
Old 12-03-2015, 09:59 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Administrator

I LOVE the weekender threads. There's always such excitement on them. Or is it "in" them? I never know whether to say "on" or "in" when I'm hanging out in the forum...or is it "on" the forum.... LOL
LOL I think it depends on context - if you're discussing a thread or a forum as distinct software entities in themselves you'd probably say 'on'...

if you look at them as groups of people, it's probably more grammatically correct to say 'in'.

mebbe?

D
Old 12-03-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations again Determined

D
Old 12-03-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

In bed sober on day six--and that's saying something. We're in midst of a house closing and so much is unclear...my realtor has not communicated and we don't know when we'll move. Ick.

So I should get two days for each one because this is very high stress! But I'm making it.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:16 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats missy - hope you get good house news soon

D
Old 12-03-2015, 10:23 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Day 20 - morning all.

Awake early again by 5.30 after not being able to sleep until early hours. Thought I'd catch up on here and read thro, Glad to hear you are ok BB after your accident and takes some going to nor have had a drink after that, would say I can't blame the coffee for the poor sleeo but as a rule don't normally touch it after 5 and had 2 at the meeting last night.

Feeling a bit strange again as I did last night - first meeting / class for abstinence to which only myself turned up along with the counsellor taking the session, after feeling down in the dumps for a good few days and really low on Wednesday evening I felt much better yesterday - by the time I got in there and started chatting I went into absolute overdrive - just became a chat really and me telling him where I'm at but not sure I really took anything from it other than needing to learn relaxation techniques - felt strange how high I went - 24 hrs earlier I would have struggled to muster two words the way I felt and feel like I went from floor to ceiling within 24 hrs. Thing is when I came out of there I felt the swagger and cockiness return walking tall where I've been slumped for the last few weeks, by the time I'd driven home I was absolutely on pins with my whole body buzzing and my head feeling very peculiar indeed.

Got home and the wife could see I was on edge and not how I have been and told her how it had gone and how I felt and that I'd probably left the poor guy's head absolutely spinning - mother in law round for the weekend said my quick hello but still feeling really not right at all - ended up lay on the bed trying to calm down heart pounding and a couple of pains in my chest and then a bath and my evening meal (not at the same time !!) - prob why sleep wasn't the greatest but now woke this morning with first thoughts of do I need to be doing this - what am I getting from it - mass craving for a beer and thinking about the drugs / what I'm missing out on with all this.

I know the answers of what I'll be missing out on if I gave in and it is not an option but for the first time doubting myself and feel on edge again now straight away - definitely feeling rather mixed up to say the least.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
They call them biscuits in the UK, we call them cookies in North America I think they call them cookies in Australia too, let's wait until Dee comes back
....In Australia, we call them 'Tim Tams', lol.....
Old 12-03-2015, 10:44 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Day 7... a week! If I can.hold it off tonight which I know I can.... (confidence a bit too much watch out)... feeling knackered but more real....

Chocolate caramel digestives are nicer BTW. ... hahahah!!!

Happy Friday. ...
Old 12-04-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Good morning class, I think it's day 19.

Have read all your posts, so many struggles but so much success too which is awesome. BB wow! Glad you're ok! I totaled a SUV in 2010, fell asleep and hit a telephone pole, walked away with bruises, the post accident mental stress was brutal, good for you for staying sober!

Woke up with a headache that feels like I was on a binge last night but I wasnt. I think it's caffeine withdrawal since I had none yesterday evening. Working on that now!

Another weekend upon us. I'm not stressing about it like I did my first weekend sober, this will be my 3rd and I know I can do it.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-04-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Healthygoals - out of interest did you have much sugar last night ? I have very little in my diet at all and completely cut it out occasionally for two weeks then slowly introduce natural sugars back in, however a few nights ago I had a real craving and ate a few sweets & chocolates after having a dessert as well earlier in the evening - following morning I felt the same like I'd been out on the ale - just a thought that maybe too much sugar made you feel rough.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Good Morning class! It's Friday December 4, 2015! Have a great sober weekend! :-)

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

***A FEW HUGE MILESTONES TODAY: Snowvelvet 1 month! StrangeAngel, enfinthechange, SilentCinemaFan, VanillaChaiTea, DeniseLarkin, Augusta, Determined, Mish, Missy & Tater- 1 week!!! Congrats to everyone working their butts off!****

*Canguy -26 days
*HealthyGoals -19 days
*Me (KiKi) -19 days
*Patricia -? days
*StrangeAngel- 7 days
*Pams -19 days
*GoldenSands -20 days
*CurlyGirl -29 days
*KeepNitreal -27 days
*BlackBirdFly -20 days
*Noolan -15 days
*SwimKim - 10 days
*MeShelly -20 days
*Thumbelina -35 days
*WalkTheLine-14 days
*Supertired -9 days
*Max74 -34 days
*DariaM -14 days
*ForeverFuzzy -15 days
*Jemma44 -26 days
*Blondsober -12 days
*Snowvelvet -30 days
*GoldCoastGirl -13 days
*Badger257 -20 days
*Odelle -13 days
*Tufty13 -33 days
*TryinginTexas - 20 days
*Onetimeless -28 days
*Chicklet -10 days
*Dallow - 12 days
*Learntofly -41 days
*Faithfulandfree - 6 day
*Tootsiesdad -26 days
*SoberMarathon -12 days
*Introspectator- 19 days
*RedAndy -20 days
*Neverthought - ? days
*Rah555 -11 days
>Alphonse -17 days
*amitranjan04 -10 days
*ultradad -14 days
>got2stopnow -12 days
*Fabat50 -27 days
*Enfinthechange -7 days
*SilentCinemaFan -7 days
*VanillaChaiTea -7 days
*Deniselarkin -7 days
*Augusta1893 -7 days
*Determined82 -7 Days
*Mish - 7 days
*Missy7 -7 days
*Paul37 -6 days
*Tatersalad -7 days
*FacingFuture-? days
*IronPhoenix -? days
*Beautifulpines -not counting days :-)

*REMEMBER-all we REALLY have is TODAY...this 24 hours. It's not a race. There is no shame in starting over as long as we NEVER GIVE UP!!! There is no graduation; just a wonderful journey into the happiness and amazing life we all deserve...
Old 12-04-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
In bed sober on day six--and that's saying something. We're in midst of a house closing and so much is unclear...my realtor has not communicated and we don't know when we'll move. Ick. So I should get two days for each one because this is very high stress! But I'm making it.
Hey Missy! I counted 7 days for you...1 week!!! :-) woo hoo!
Old 12-04-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedAndy View Post
Day 20 - morning all. Awake early again by 5.30 after not being able to sleep until early hours. Thought I'd catch up on here and read thro, Glad to hear you are ok BB after your accident and takes some going to nor have had a drink after that, would say I can't blame the coffee for the poor sleeo but as a rule don't normally touch it after 5 and had 2 at the meeting last night. Feeling a bit strange again as I did last night - first meeting / class for abstinence to which only myself turned up along with the counsellor taking the session, after feeling down in the dumps for a good few days and really low on Wednesday evening I felt much better yesterday - by the time I got in there and started chatting I went into absolute overdrive - just became a chat really and me telling him where I'm at but not sure I really took anything from it other than needing to learn relaxation techniques - felt strange how high I went - 24 hrs earlier I would have struggled to muster two words the way I felt and feel like I went from floor to ceiling within 24 hrs. Thing is when I came out of there I felt the swagger and cockiness return walking tall where I've been slumped for the last few weeks, by the time I'd driven home I was absolutely on pins with my whole body buzzing and my head feeling very peculiar indeed. Got home and the wife could see I was on edge and not how I have been and told her how it had gone and how I felt and that I'd probably left the poor guy's head absolutely spinning - mother in law round for the weekend said my quick hello but still feeling really not right at all - ended up lay on the bed trying to calm down heart pounding and a couple of pains in my chest and then a bath and my evening meal (not at the same time !!) - prob why sleep wasn't the greatest but now woke this morning with first thoughts of do I need to be doing this - what am I getting from it - mass craving for a beer and thinking about the drugs / what I'm missing out on with all this. I know the answers of what I'll be missing out on if I gave in and it is not an option but for the first time doubting myself and feel on edge again now straight away - definitely feeling rather mixed up to say the least.
Hang in there Andy. We all know where addiction takes us...hell (and then death!) Tell that AV to shut up! You are not missing anything fun! Alcohol & drugs are something evil for us. Keep pushing through! I'm glad you are talking to someone & getting it all out! Good stuff! You got this!
Old 12-04-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week enfin

D
Old 12-04-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

The birds came back after 2 years!!! Ha!
I got out of my car a few minutes ago after taking my son to school and heard birds singing & chirping loudly! What a beautiful sound.

Have they been away for 2 years or am I finally noticing them after 19 days sober?

Awwwww...the gifts of sobriety... :-)
Old 12-04-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Way to go everybody(especially us 1 week croud lol ).
So I'm starting to think maybe I came into all of this a little overconfident .much to my surprise I caught myself trying to rationalize having a drink yesterday . Luckily my sober self is to bullheded to listen.
Not sure how to explain it other than its much like a dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde scenario.
I am fortunate to have a drug counselor in my family and she has explained to me that this happens so I was well prepared for it .it's just odd to see it come to fruition .... Normally i concider myself a very logical minded person.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

HealthyGoals, yes we can and WILL stay sober this weekend. I don't know about you but I just feel DONE forever!

Every day that I am sober is a little better than before which makes me want to stay sober the next day & next & next!

I didn't realize how miserable I really was until I started putting some sober time together. I haven't had a craving since 3:00 Wednesday! (Knock on wood) ;-)

And another thing: my husband & kids seem sooo much happier lately! I am starting to realize how much my drinking really hurt them & will never do that again.

Have a great day & weekend HG! Onward & Upward!!!
Old 12-04-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tatersalad View Post
Way to go everybody(especially us 1 week croud lol ). So I'm starting to think maybe I came into all of this a little overconfident .much to my surprise I caught myself trying to rationalize having a drink yesterday . Luckily my sober self is to bullheded to listen. Not sure how to explain it other than its much like a dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde scenario. I am fortunate to have a drug counselor in my family and she has explained to me that this happens so I was well prepared for it .it's just odd to see it come to fruition .... Normally i concider myself a very logical minded person.
Ohhhh yes! Totally normal tater! Yesterday was the first full day in 19 days that my AV didn't completely try to convince me to drink! It will get better...I promise. Just trust others who have gone before us. If sobriety was that bad...no one would ever stay sober!

Truly..even tho it's been a hard 19 days sober...it's been the BEST 19 days in over 2 years!!! You've got this!!! Post post post and shut that AV up!

:-)