Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 5

Old 12-03-2015, 12:36 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Jemma.

If you are thinking of leaving there's some good advice & info in Family and Friends forums about leaving and about safeguarding your PC and phone records etc

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...how-leave.html
Old 12-03-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post

Oh you poor thing... sobriety will help you and give you strength and clarity... find someone to talk to ASAP. ... anyone ... a friend a counsellor a doctor... they will all listen and help.... I have found just talking and talking really helps...as does this.
No one here, or the docs will judge you, they will help. .. I found my 2 work colleagues amazing, even when I told them.all the sordid details and really told my complicated feelings and emotions. .. hey are more.muddled by the drink... but slowly clarity is arriving a bit....talking and talking g helps you find the way to.go... even if it is just the next few metres not the whole road ahead... best best of wishes and luck and hugs

Look at them positives tooooooo. .. you can do this for you and your boy x
Old 12-03-2015, 12:53 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Drove home last night and thought about wine but I managed to think clearly and seperate "want" from "need", I agreed I may have "wanted" it but I didn't "need" it and if I just didn't stop and buy it I wouldn't have any problem waking up sober this morning.

Feeling good : )))
Old 12-03-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Good morning day 18 and class.

Up before the alarm again today, this is awesome!

Jemma, sending cyber hugs/support. Do what is best for you. You are to be commended for not drinking!

I'm reading a lot about struggles here and it's great to read that you're not caving to alcohol! It used to be my crutch too but no more.

Off to get ready for work. Again. I need a winning lottery ticket!
Old 12-03-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foreverfuzzy View Post
Drove home last night and thought about wine but I managed to think clearly and seperate "want" from "need", I agreed I may have "wanted" it but I didn't "need" it and if I just didn't stop and buy it I wouldn't have any problem waking up sober this morning. Feeling good : )))
Great work on skipping the wine store last night. We have a great little wine shop I pass every night on my way home so I know the feeling. Now I find myself consciously looking the other way when I drive by...can't go in there. We still have some nice bottles in our dining area that stare at me every night...sigh...
Old 12-03-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Good morning! Start of day 10! Feeling really tired today. Didn't sleep well last night. I've been having trouble lately. I used to take NyQuil, Benadryl so Advil pm to sleep but my doctor said it is not good to do that everyday so I stopped. I toss and turn a lot, leg cramps, etc. The weekend is almost here...feeling a bit of anxiety. I am committed to not drinking but know I will be faced with challenges. My picture collage of sober fun times is already underway..NBA basketball game last night. I want to have pics from this weekend to add too. I am still doing well with watching my diet and my 11,000 steps in a day. Hopefully the scale will start to move in the right direction. Hope you all have a good day!
Old 12-03-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chicklet View Post
Made it through day 8 but not without some pretty strong cravings. Fortunately I managed to not give in and when 10 o'clock hit boy was I relieved that the liquor store is closed for another day..phew! So happy to be going to bed sober and I'll thank myself when I wake up tomorrow feeling good instead of hung over.. Yuck!! Hang in there everyone...sweet dreams
Great job not giving in to the POISON Chicklet!!! Keep up the great work! It gets easier each day. For me, day 18 is night and day from day 9! :-)
Old 12-03-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
Home sober! The afternoon was very stressy, and our pub friend called...I considered going then started chopping veggies for dinner. By the time it was done it was too late. Day 5 is in the can! Onward.
Yesssss! You're kicking arse Missy!!!
Old 12-03-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jemma44 View Post
Well, now I am certain my relationship is over. We have been having major problems. Tonight he came in the bedroom at 12 am ranting about me being Facebook friends with a guy he hates. He just noticed. It's not a new fb friendship. Anyway he said a bunch of evil things, c*** word and all because I wouldn't let him search my phone. He has done this before and then will interrogate me about innocent texts to friends and family. He then tried recording me in hopes I would say something evil. I've been awake ever since. I can hear him snoring in the next room. I have to get up for work in two hours. He's done this kind of stuff before, when I was drinking. Now that I'm sober I see how wrong it is.he is drinking I could smell it. I feel so bad for our son. He's only 7 months old I hate him. We are living in my house. He has 2 other sons who are with us half the time. What do I do?
Awwwwww...I'm so sorry Jemma! Hang in there & I will pray for you. (((Hug)))
Old 12-03-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Good Morning class! It's Thursday, December 3, 2015! Have a FANTASTIC sober day!

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

Look how well everyone's doing!!! Woo hoo!

*Canguy -25 days
*HealthyGoals -18 days
*Me (KiKi) -18 days
*Patricia -? days
*StrangeAngel- 6 days
*Pams -18 days
*GoldenSands -19 days
*CurlyGirl -28 days
*KeepNitreal -26 days
*BlackBirdFly -19 days
*Noolan -14 days
*SwimKim - 9 days
*MeShelly -19 days
*Thumbelina -34 days
*WalkTheLine-13 days
*Supertired -8 days
*Max74 -33 days
*DariaM -13 days
*ForeverFuzzy -14 days
*Jemma44 -25 days
*Blondsober -11 days
*Snowvelvet -29 days
*GoldCoastGirl -12 days
*Badger257 -19 days
*Odelle -12 days
*Tufty13 -32 days
*TryinginTexas - 19 days
*Onetimeless -27 days
*Chicklet -9 days
*Dallow - 11 days
*Learntofly -40 days
*Faithfulandfree - 5 day
*Tootsiesdad -25 days
*SoberMarathon -11 days
*Introspectator- 18 days
*RedAndy -19 days
*Neverthought - ? days
*Rah555 -10 days
>Alphonse -16 days
*amitranjan04 -9 days
*ultradad -13 days
>got2stopnow -11 days
*Fabat50 -26 days
*Enfinthechange -6 days
*SilentCinemaFan -6 days
*VanillaChaiTea -6 days
*Deniselarkin -6 days
*Augusta1893 -6 days
*Determined82 -6 Days
*Mish - ? days
*Missy7 -6 days
*Paul37 -5 days
*Tatersalad -6 days
*FacingFuture-? days
*IronPhoenix -? days
*Beautifulpines -not counting days :-)

*REMEMBER-all we REALLY have is TODAY...this 24 hours. It's not a race. There is no shame in starting over as long as we NEVER GIVE UP!!! There is no graduation; just a wonderful journey into the happiness and amazing life we all deserve...
Old 12-03-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

A lot of people struggling and I wish I knew the answers. What my experience teaches me is that if we can manage to stay sober through the difficult times that things will and do get better. Taking that first drink only numbs the immediate pain, but morning will come, if we're lucky, and then the realization sets in that we are somehow worse off than when we decided to take that first drink...and if you drink like me you will most definitely be! I can't remember a single time that I drank alcohol that I woke up and thought for a second that my life had somehow gotten better.

Stay strong people and remember we're all in this together, you have friends here and lets not sabotage ourselves!
Old 12-03-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Jemma. That's a very rough situation. Praying that you're able to remain sober and that you can leave him if necessary. It sounds like he has his own issues he needs to work on.

Checking in on Day 40! Can't believe I've made it this far. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is exhausted. I literally feel like I could sleep all day long. I woke up this morning and I grabbed the lemon juice from the fridge to put in my coffee instead of the milk. It's already one of those days! I'm hoping my work day goes by quickly.

Congrats to everyone for staying sober. You guys are doing great! I know we're still all struggling with cravings, exhaustion, feelings (isn't it weird to have those?), etc. but that's normal and our lives will only continue to get better with more sober days under our belts. Have a great day everybody!
Old 12-03-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Congratulations LTF, 40 days!!! That is so awesome! I remember from past sobriety periods that it takes time for the body to heal and for the exhaustion to end, though I can't remember how long. I'm going to look up some of my old posts to gauge a recovery timeline, I'm hoping it will give me additional inspiration to keep forging ahead.

Hang in there Jemma, it sounds like you husband was drinking which probably caused his obnoxious outburst. I'm not excusing his behavior, I only know that I did and said some horrible things when I was intoxicated. Focus on you and your recovery and take any necessary steps to protect yourself and your baby.

Best to all!
Old 12-03-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

EXCELLENT article on what to expect during the first several months to a year of sobriety. Knowledge is POWER & I like to know that all the crazy things going on in my head are normal! Ha.

Some of the stuff in this article is gonna save my arse!

http://digital-dharma.net/post-acute...r-immediately/
Old 12-03-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!
I'm still on this weird sleep schedule that has me going to bed at 7PM and waking up at 2AM but at least those hours I'm sleeping are uninterrupted and solid sleeping. I haven't had this good of sleep in a while despite the odd hours. Eventually I'm going to want to stay up longer than 7PM but not until probably Saturday. I want to keep at this routine for a few more days because of the consistency it brings to my life right now and I'm sure I'll eventually shift over to a more reasonable sleeping pattern. I still joke that I'm a Californian has an Eastern Time Zone sleeping pattern right now.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SilentCinemaFan View Post
Good morning everyone! I'm still on this weird sleep schedule that has me going to bed at 7PM and waking up at 2AM but at least those hours I'm sleeping are uninterrupted and solid sleeping. I haven't had this good of sleep in a while despite the odd hours. Eventually I'm going to want to stay up longer than 7PM but not until probably Saturday. I want to keep at this routine for a few more days because of the consistency it brings to my life right now and I'm sure I'll eventually shift over to a more reasonable sleeping pattern. I still joke that I'm a Californian has an Eastern Time Zone sleeping pattern right now.
Hey SCF...I just posted a link above that has info about sleep in early recovery & LOTS of other great stuff! Keep up the great work & CONGRATS to everyone else in their sober days!!!

*****!!!
Old 12-03-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Awe...I'm so sorry. Are you close to 14 days yet? That's when my anxiety REALLY started improving!

So glad you didn't drink! You're right, your anxiety would have been sooo much worse tomorrow. Your doing great & it will get better.

Just believe...
I'm not counting the days this time Kiki. I think it's better this way. I'm having a lot of problems at home, and learning how to cope sober. The anxiety is really bad at times. All I can do is hope and pray I guess...
Old 12-03-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

I found this post from 1/9/14 -

Ending day 15 here, doing really well on bypassing cravings, I just wish my energy levels were higher. Don't say it, I already know....exercise will help. Yep, I will do that, not tonight though; too tired!

Point - while I remember feeling so much better back then, it took time! Enter day 12. That class had over 100 participants then, only to die out before the year ended. Let's stay strong and not let that happen here! Regardless of how good or bad our day goes, posting daily is a tool to reinforce our commitment to sobriety.

Kikki, thank you so much for the time and commitment you put into this class!
Old 12-03-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I'm not counting the days this time Kiki. I think it's better this way. I'm having a lot of problems at home, and learning how to cope sober. The anxiety is really bad at times. All I can do is hope and pray I guess...
Ok sounds good! Just try to get through "today"...the next 10-12 hours. Fill your hours with deep breathing, a long walk, warm bath, nutritious meal, tea, ice cream, anything that makes you feel good. I will load up on prayers for you! Xo
Old 12-03-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
I found this post from 1/9/14 - Ending day 15 here, doing really well on bypassing cravings, I just wish my energy levels were higher. Don't say it, I already know....exercise will help. Yep, I will do that, not tonight though; too tired! Point - while I remember feeling so much better back then, it took time! Enter day 12. That class had over 100 participants then, only to die out before the year ended. Let's stay strong and not let that happen here! Regardless of how good or bad our day goes, posting daily is a tool to reinforce our commitment to sobriety. Kikki, thank you so much for the time and commitment you put into this class!
Oh NO!!! Our class will NEVER die out! I will track every single one of you down! Hahahaha