Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 5

Old 12-01-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Good.luck with he counselling, I have my first next wed with a, shock, alcohol counsellor... that is a big step... admission of problem???? Hope no one sees me going in! But I think speaking it out loud will make it real, and if it's reality can't be fantasy or ignored???? Then I can rise to the challenge-I like a challenge! !! Not sure I could casually run a marathon though, hahaha.... so good luck with that too! !!
Great enfin! I start counseling in 2 weeks. It's not an addiction counselor but she will know about my alcohol problem. It's more for my anxiety disorder & PTSD. I feel good about it. I think it's time for me to face the stuff I have been numbing with alcohol.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthygoals View Post
Finishing up day 16 (I've lost count but that's what Kiki tells me) Instead of alcohol I've been on a sugar binge, ugh. But it's still better than vodka. This too shall pass! Great to hear about everyone pushing through and keeping their sobriety, love it! I'm settled in on the couch in pjs trying to recover from the peanut m&m binge I had tonight. No thought of drinking after that! Good night class
Yes Healthy...you & I have been together on # of days the the whole time. :-)

Mmmmm....I love peanut m&ms!
Old 12-01-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoldenSands View Post
Thanks all for your replies to my little rant earlier. You guys are super helpful. I'm a little more calmed down about it now, just ready to get the kids to bed and have peace and quiet. Ending my day 17 but i'll probably check in again before going to sleep tonight.
Glad you're feeling better GS! Congrats on day 17! Enjoy your relaxing evening. :-)
Old 12-01-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Way to work and 'think' your way all the way through it KiKi! It does get easier: )

Long day so going to try and get some rest and go read a good book! Good night everyone!
Old 12-01-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Glad you're feeling better GS! Congrats on day 17! Enjoy your relaxing evening. :-)
Thanks Oh and i forgot to say hats off to you for fighting through that craving and WINNING! When you said you had a 20 minute period where you were sure you were going to have a drink- I have little bursts of those moments through the day that last only a few seconds though. SO you should be super proud for taking the steps to get through that! Great job!
Old 12-01-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Just wanted to check in after a really busy but great day 6 .. Feelin WAY better , which is precious and I need to protect which is why I will be attending my first AA meeting this week. I think perhaps more face to face support will keep me honest, and keep sobriety real.
I'm an empathetic person and want to meet people around me , who are struggling like I am
Nervous about it tho ...
Be well !!
Old 12-01-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Doin better today. Thank you and congrats to everyone. Goodnight, sober dreams.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks Ultradad and Goldensands. It scared me because I don't want to go back!

DO YOU GUYS STILL HAVE CRAVINGS? I feel like I'm the only one still having them.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Have you read about HALT Kiki?

This might help you understand your cravings:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...halt-work.html
Old 12-01-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Day 26 and I'm so proud! This week has thrown some unprepared events my way. Hubby has picked me up from work this week at 5 pm but I drop him back off and take the car until he gets off work at 8 pm. 5:30 to 7:30 pm my AV is like "Hey, you know what we can do with this time right? No one's around!" I then say to myself, "Yeah right, I don't drink, no matter what!" Then I imagine my eyes all glossy as I pick up hubby from work, him yelling at me and myself trying to make sense of the words he is saying. Him not trusting me with the car anymore. Him afraid that I'll blow my money and my job. Myself feeling that I let myself down to the point I might as well get totally wasted for the night. My friends asking me what day I'm on and I feel ashamed to tell the truth or guilty to tell a lie and say day 27...play the tape out, play it out.....
Old 12-01-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Thanks Ultradad and Goldensands. It scared me because I don't want to go back!

DO YOU GUYS STILL HAVE CRAVINGS? I feel like I'm the only one still having them.
You definitely are not the only one. I get nostalgic about my binges. Because it was SO fun to sit around and get wasted alone. Stupid brain.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
You definitely are not the only one. I get nostalgic about my binges. Because it was SO fun to sit around and get wasted alone. Stupid brain.
I'm on day 24 and I still get cravings, but now they are more fleeting thoughts that kinda sucker punch me for a second and take my breath away. I just take a deep breath and think It through and they go away. I have maybe 3-5 a day. Today I realized I didn't like drinking and I don't want to again. It was a weird thought. I hope I feel that way on Saturday when I attend to my first big "alcohol involved" party.
Now I'm just struggling more with the "why" I feel depressed after I was feeling so darn good. I had a new antidepressant in my drawer for about a month that I was going to start, but wanted to do a big liver detox cleanse first, and I don't like to mix herbs or medicines so I waited on it.
I was feeling pretty darn good, exercising everyday, I had dropped another 10 pounds and was looking forward to hitting the lowest weight I've been in almost 4 years.....but then I started the medicine and have gained a pound a day since. Now I'm looking back thinking....maybe I really didn't need the antidepressant anymore because I didn't have alcohol on board? But I think the bottom line is that after feeling this way this week I realize that I have anger and unresolved issues that I need to deal with, and working through the 12 steps should be my next move so that I effectively deal with the issues instead of putting a bandaid on them.

Dee-thank you for the warning on supplements etc... I work in the medical field and I'm very cautious about not mixing or rapidly stopping medications. I will consult with my doctor before moving forward, but I am tapering off this Vibryd anti!!!! Do you know if it's common for alcoholics to also have depression struggles?
I hope everybody has a great day.

6 days till I make my 30!!!!! Excited about that!: Thanks evetybody.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ending day four and again binging on the good wife. I had a good day and got groceries in the house. Drinking lots of licorice tea.

I did have a pretty good craving, but I fought through. Yay.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Have you read about HALT Kiki?

This might help you understand your cravings:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...halt-work.html
Thx Patricia! I try to use HALT a lot! I think I.was hungry when I.had that craving. Hungry is a huge trigger!
Old 12-01-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
Ending day four and again binging on the good wife. I had a good day and got groceries in the house. Drinking lots of licorice tea.

I did have a pretty good craving, but I fought through. Yay.
Great job! I kicked a cravings butt today too!
Old 12-01-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Nah, Kiki, you are not alone I get cravings off and on.

Mostly my depression is worser than the cravings, but I am going away tomorrow and today I have a day off...guess what how I contemplated spending it??? Me. Alone. Wine.

Not going to happen though. I pulled myself together and imagined how it would be to travel hungover, miserable and dissappointed.

Not today. No no, I'm not drinking today.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
I'm on day 24 and I still get cravings, but now they are more fleeting thoughts that kinda sucker punch me for a second and take my breath away. I just take a deep breath and think It through and they go away. I have maybe 3-5 a day. Today I realized I didn't like drinking and I don't want to again. It was a weird thought. I hope I feel that way on Saturday when I attend to my first big "alcohol involved" party.
Now I'm just struggling more with the "why" I feel depressed after I was feeling so darn good. I had a new antidepressant in my drawer for about a month that I was going to start, but wanted to do a big liver detox cleanse first, and I don't like to mix herbs or medicines so I waited on it.
I was feeling pretty darn good, exercising everyday, I had dropped another 10 pounds and was looking forward to hitting the lowest weight I've been in almost 4 years.....but then I started the medicine and have gained a pound a day since. Now I'm looking back thinking....maybe I really didn't need the antidepressant anymore because I didn't have alcohol on board? But I think the bottom line is that after feeling this way this week I realize that I have anger and unresolved issues that I need to deal with, and working through the 12 steps should be my next move so that I effectively deal with the issues instead of putting a bandaid on them.

Dee-thank you for the warning on supplements etc... I work in the medical field and I'm very cautious about not mixing or rapidly stopping medications. I will consult with my doctor before moving forward, but I am tapering off this Vibryd anti!!!! Do you know if it's common for alcoholics to also have depression struggles?
I hope everybody has a great day.

6 days till I make my 30!!!!! Excited about that!: Thanks evetybody.
Thx KIR! Years ago I was on an antidepressant called Paxil and I gained 50 lbs in a year. Now I'm on Zoloft and didn't gain any weight from it. I actually lost weight on it before I started drinking heavily then I.gained from ALCOHOL! Ugh-
Old 12-01-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm glad I'm not alone in having cravings....but sorry you guys have them too.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Not a great sleep but I have made it to day four! I wish you all well.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi, All. Finishing up another good day here. Haven't heard much from the AV but I know I need to be super cautious over the next few days because that's when I've struggled over the last four months. Could never get more than two weeks. But I will this time!

Congrats to all who fought through the cravings today. You are definitely not alone! We can do this together