Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 5

Old 12-04-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Awe Badger, you hang in here with us this evening. Something is in the air today, pushing lots of buttons and testing many of us. Efin, I wish could tell you what is up with all this, but I can’t, I can say that I understand and can relate.

Healthygoals, I bought the book a couple of years ago, started reading it and never finished. That a few others. Supertired, your username describes me now following my intense battle with my AV. Good job fighting it off yesterday. I think I am getting a little too old to fight these battles, exhausting.

Well, I guess I should start dinner. I’ll be checking in frequently this weekend. Please send an SOS if anyone finds themselves losing the battle with the AV, or if you a good joke to share!
Old 12-04-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Odelle, great job making it through the craving!! I've been there before. The mental tug of war. Glad you won that battle. You are stronger for it!

Faithful, you will be able to be social again. It will just be different than it was while you were drinking. It's hard to imagine in early sobriety bc all we know is what we used to do, and we only wanted to do that while drinking. You will feel better and have a social life again, I promise

I hope everyone else is well!! My AV started making noise so I came here. Going to hit the gym and make open faced salmon melts for dinner and will wake up without a hangover!!
Old 12-04-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Did NOT message him. It is wrong... but I just needed to say it out alound so the sneaky thought didn't consume me... I guess u guys can judge and tut but as u don't know me then it's not as bad.... I have no idea why this is happening. .. I am not a bad person I hope... but riding that urge was like riding a drink craving... what's that all about ffs! Going to bed. Wish I could just feel normal. .. just normal... but what is that????
I don't think anyones judging or tutting here enfin?

Cross addiction - getting addicted to something else aside from our drug of choice is pretty common - I think the thrill of 'being bad' and fantasizing about an illicit relationship could be just as intoxicating as alcohol.

Our AV has no shame.

Needless to say it would be a completely self-destructive path to go down, and I have faith in you - I know you're a decent person too. We all do

D
Old 12-04-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FaithfulAndFree View Post
Friday's are usually my night to get dolled up and go into the city for dinner and drinks. It's probably my only social time. I know this is possible sober but I don't think in strong enough yet. My will is weakening and I'm sad that I can't see a life passed my old drinking lifestyle . Staying in the house tonight... Bored and bothered but I'm fighting thru it
F and F- I totally get it. Tonight is the annual Christmas parade that goes down the middle of town with the restaurants and bars. We usually go and meet other parents for dinner and a couple glasses of wine, and then watch the parade with the kids. Harmless, but I just can't do it yet. I can't ever with the wine and I'm thinking " what if nobody wants to hang around with me because I don't drink?" Oh boy.
Tomorrow at a party I plan on acting fun as though I had been drinking even though I won't. That out to shock everybody! Lol
Old 12-04-2015, 04:32 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Thank you for your support Healthygoals and Canguy, it really shook me to the core due to the intensity, and it just appeared with no obvious trigger. Beware the insidious AV, it lays in wait and strikes when its host is most vulnerable!
Great job Odelle!
Old 12-04-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Happy Friday...my wife has gone to a holiday party and I've elected to skip it and thus skip paying for a babysitter. Having no babysitter and the marathon in the morning is an optimal excuse for missing a boozefest! Like many of you, I don't feel for being at these social events right now under the circumstances. The anxiety of not drinking, and trying to be social is way too stressful to consider at the moment. This antisocial behavior has to pass but I need some solid sober time before heading back into the social world.

Keep up the fight with AV everyone. Weekends can be brutal but I trust that they will get better.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Healthygoals;5674701]
Originally Posted by GoldenSands View Post
my new book "Drinking: A Love Story" [/Q3UOTE]

Read that just last week and loved it. Ironically two perfectly dried pot leaves fell out of it as I did! I had bought it at a thrift store, too funny!
Sooo funny haha!
Old 12-04-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pams View Post

LOL Blackbird. My thoughts exactly. My sister in law posted this poem for mornings on my FB feed and I think it says it all.

Coffee, coffee, coffee,
Coffee,
Coffee, Coffee,
Everyone shut up.
Coffee.
Haha ha love it
Old 12-04-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Did NOT message him. It is wrong... but I just needed to say it out alound so the sneaky thought didn't consume me... I guess u guys can judge and tut but as u don't know me then it's not as bad.... I have no idea why this is happening. .. I am not a bad person I hope... but riding that urge was like riding a drink craving... what's that all about ffs! Going to bed. Wish I could just feel normal. .. just normal... but what is that????
I'm not judging you life is complicated. Just offering support.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Checking in! Had a good day today. I had the day off from work, took care of some errands, had lunch w my husband. All and all a good day!
Old 12-04-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthygoals View Post
Good morning class, I think it's day 19.

Have read all your posts, so many struggles but so much success too which is awesome. BB wow! Glad you're ok! I totaled a SUV in 2010, fell asleep and hit a telephone pole, walked away with bruises, the post accident mental stress was brutal, good for you for staying sober!

Thanks Healthygoals and everyone else for the well wishes yesterday. I really relied on this thread heavily and am so thankful for the support I received. 20 days ago the accident would have been a perfect reason to numb out. Today I am feeling the mental stress (as you put it healthyg) big time. Body was rocked a little harder than I thought. Mainly in the neck/shoulder area where the seat belt saved me and a raging headache/ trouble focusing... airbag impact I'm guessing. My husband is home and things are good, I am so happy to be sober.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hello every one 1 week for me today, I m thankful to God for that, long day at work today, and for the next 2, everyone have a good day
Old 12-04-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

I'm going to bed early. I think I'm going to meditate and try this new lavender oil and see if it helps me relax.

I am so thankful for SR. I received so much support today. Your posts and messages really helped me to go through this horrible day. Thank you so much.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badger257 View Post
So, I haven't had a craving or a trigger in two weeks. Today I saw my ex at the mall with what I would guess is her boyfriend. It has been a year or so since I have even spoken or seen her. And now all of the old emotions have come back and all my brain can think of its, you need a drink or 20. Wtf is wrong with me? Our relationship ended badly, and I guess I never forgiven myself for that. And the depression of the sh** storm I have made of my life really came to the forefront of where I am at today vs where it could have been. Sorry for the rant. Pity party. Just figured I would post here instead of going to the bar. :/
That's hard badger, sorry. Good news is that you are on the mend now. Better to stay in the present than go back to the past. No need to apologize. I'm guessing since you're from the northwoods you saw that hail mary... it sure was awesome! Sometimes you've just got to let go, give it all you've got and pray for the best. Good job coming here instead of the bar.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

I went out earlier to pick up some Christmas decorations and then stopped at the grocery store on my way home. Bam, out of nowhere came the biggest craving ever. I battled it for a while and then conceded to buying a bottle of wine, no one home you know…. The internal battle continued, “I can’t fail another class; no one will know; you will know; once in a while is okay; no, it isn’t; you’ll have a headache tomorrow and will be so disappointed with yourself; yadda, yadda, yadda." I finally checked out sans the wine and rushed to my car. The incident triggered a tension headache and now my temples are throbbing! Dang, that was really close. I’m home, back in sweats and I am not leaving this house.
Way to shut that AV down and run!!! Dang that was close! But I've been there too! It will get easier! Keep fighting that bottle of poison!!!
Old 12-04-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Thank you for your support Healthygoals and Canguy, it really shook me to the core due to the intensity, and it just appeared with no obvious trigger. Beware the insidious AV, it lays in wait and strikes when its host is most vulnerable!
Yes it does!!! The AV is evil! Grrrrrr!
Old 12-04-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Well done for battling the craving, pretty cool! I went to aldi and had to close my eyes to walk through he booze bit.... but I got all my fave foods a small snacks and am.nkw eating profiteroles on the sofa.... have barely eaten all week so this is good○●• I am having very weird feelings about the guys I snogged last week, like totally obsessed with him. I wonder if my AV has substituted him for booze... I haven't wanted a drink, but have even considered messaging the guy. .. my husband isn't here, kids asleep. .. jeez, you'd think one bloody calamity was enough and one addiction! I wish I could take my brain out and bloody well wash it, iron it, and put it back clean!. Oh well, more tea and cakes... have a good weekend x
Lol! I wish I could take my brain out and wash it too!!! Hehehehe
Old 12-04-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Made it thru my brief sad moment, accepted being "bored and bothered", rode the waves of cravings.... All while remaining sober
Old 12-04-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hi, All! Evening check in.

Patricia, I hope you feel a bit better in the morning! Your body will appreciate the sleep

Denise, congratulations on one week!! Awesome milestone!

Blackbird, I'm glad you are okay. Thank goodness for seat belts!

Rah, glad you had a great day!

Sobermarathon, good luck with the race tomorrow! I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Keepnitreal, I hope the party goes well tomorrow. I have also found myself acting drunk even when I wasn't - sometimes when you're around folks who are really drunk it's easy to just play along - without the hangover!

To everyone else, I hope your weekend is off to a good start! I had a good week because I was sober. I was able to take on some stressful and anxiety-inducing situations because I was sober. And I made it through! Sometimes I have to remind myself that everything will be okay. Not every situation will be comfortable but I will come out of it a stronger person.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Don't message him Enfin, it will only open a whole new can of worms! I'm beginning to think that the AV has demonic origins, why else would it try to convince us to do things that will only hurt us? The battle of good and evil since the beginning of mankind, only each of us has our own burden to carry. You are doing great Enfin, you'll get through this and come out a better person in the end.
I agree! I think the AV is evil too! I think the devil lives here amongst us on earth and addiction is "hell". I don't believe there is a fiery hell you go to after death. I think hell is here on earth in the form of addiction. I truly believe my AV is evil! Just my 2 cents. Is my theory weird?