Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 4

Old 11-27-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Haha you're funny keepinitreal. Lol
Old 11-27-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I'm emotionally unstable. Just discovered two people who know each other both have unfriended me on facebook. I've only ever met them out while drunk and now I am certain I probably did something that I don't remember, that I should have apologized for.

And we have friends in common so now I've just been obsessing about how everybody probably is talking about what an ******* I can be when I drink...

actually, they are not really my friends so I shouldn't care, but somehow it made me cry. It was just the anxiety of all my drunken stupor that got to me again..

I think I should close down my profile. Obsessing about what people I don't care about think of me? Speculating about what someone says about me? Stalking people who are no longer in my life? Comparing myself to others? I don't need that kind of nonsense right now.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you do great service here Kiki

Dallow - if FB is making you upset, then I agree close down your profile. You can always rebuild it again later if you wish

D
Old 11-27-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think you do great service here Kiki

Dallow - if FB is making you upset, then I agree close down your profile. You can always rebuild it again later if you wish

D
I agree with both comments!
Old 11-27-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
I'm emotionally unstable. Just discovered two people who know each other both have unfriended me on facebook. I've only ever met them out while drunk and now I am certain I probably did something that I don't remember, that I should have apologized for. And we have friends in common so now I've just been obsessing about how everybody probably is talking about what an ******* I can be when I drink... actually, they are not really my friends so I shouldn't care, but somehow it made me cry. It was just the anxiety of all my drunken stupor that got to me again.. I think I should close down my profile. Obsessing about what people I don't care about think of me? Speculating about what someone says about me? Stalking people who are no longer in my life? Comparing myself to others? I don't need that kind of nonsense right now.
I really relate to this Dallow. I was a bar drinker so I would be out with people and do things that were crazy! Heck...if no one wanted to go to the bar I would just go by myself and see people I knew from the community when I was drunk that were probably like "she's married with kids & she's here at this bar (by herself) drunk! What an alcoholic loser! "

There were several times I was kicked out of bars, for being too drunk, I passed out in the bathroom of bars....etc. etc. It wasn't pretty!

I worried about what others thought about me too!!! And a few people unfriended me on FB (and real life) too. It made me feel even worse about myself which just led to anxiety, depression and more drinking.

But you know what? Forget them! "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones!" Everyone has crap...baggage...skeletons. One thing I have realized is the more "perfect" people look, the more screwed up they probably are.

I am trying to change my life. You are trying to change your life. What other people think of us is none of our business. And you know what? I bet they aren't thinking about us as much as we think they are. I'm not THAT important. Haha

Anyway...if we keep doing "the next right thing" and stay sober we will get our confidence back and we won't care what those people think, ya know? They may even notice how well WE are doing and that will force them to look in the mirror at "themselves". And THEIR issues.

Forget those people! They don't matter! Just learn to love yourself....then what they think of you wont bother you. I'm doing the same!

P.S. I hate Facebook. It's such BS. Peoples lives are NOT as great as they try to make them appear to be! Heck...take ME for example...I look sooooo happy in all my FB photos, my kids look happy, husband happy, pets happy,...heck on FACEBOOK I look like mother of the freaking year! But the "real" me was drinking to the point of oblivion, lying, passing out in bars, driving drunk, thinking about suicide, vomiting, getting thrown out of bars....I was a DISASTER! But unless you went to the local bars I went to and saw me wasted, you would think I was Betty Crocker or Mary Poppins! Lol

Soooo...........do you feel better? Just love yourself! I think you seem pretty special! Xo

Hold your head up high!!!
Old 11-27-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
29. That's how many times I posted on this November thread today. SORRY GUYS! I'm probably driving you guys crazy!

BUT...I made it through 4 huge cravings today with the help of you guys, my sponsor and God so thank you!!!

I will shut up now. haha
At that rate, you should catch up to D by I figure 2026 if my math is right. And if he never posts again.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badger257 View Post
At that rate, you should catch up to D by I figure 2026 if my math is right. And if he never posts again.
Bahahaha! I don't think I will catch up with Dee. Lol
Old 11-27-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Day 5 coming to a close. I've been fairly quiet due to my exhaustion. I have been having thoughts.....even convincing myself that I'm gonna drink at times. How do you guys get through this? I feel so defeated at times that positive thinking doesn't work. The reasons why I've stayed sober for these days have been because I've kept myself surrounded by family and busy so that getting a drink isn't so easy.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FaithfulAndFree View Post
Day 5 coming to a close. I've been fairly quiet due to my exhaustion. I have been having thoughts.....even convincing myself that I'm gonna drink at times. How do you guys get through this? I feel so defeated at times that positive thinking doesn't work. The reasons why I've stayed sober for these days have been because I've kept myself surrounded by family and busy so that getting a drink isn't so easy.

If your cravings are getting to you then post here and we will be there for you. Just keep checking back in because we have your back!
We are in this together!

KIR
Old 11-27-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Bahahaha! I don't think I will catch up with Dee. Lol
You can try!!!! Ahahahahhah
Old 11-27-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Kiki, a big hug to you! Your answer made me smile again You're doing an amazing job in this group keeping the spirit up!

I do feel better, I know that FB doesn't show the real picture. My photos are also of exciting travels, profile pics with filters, the ones where I am looking thinner than I really am...it's pathetic.

That's why I like SR you guys probably know more about my life right now than almost everyone of my fb-friends.

I appreciate how honest people are here, about their lives and their feelings. This place is really full of support and advice! That's much more valuable then a "like" or maybe, if you are lucky, a fb-friend takes the time to write "nice haircut" on a photo...

Thank you all for being here, you are amazing!
Old 11-27-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I really relate to this Dallow. I was a bar drinker so I would be out with people and do things that were crazy! Heck...if no one wanted to go to the bar I would just go by myself and see people I knew from the community when I was drunk that were probably like "she's married with kids & she's here at this bar (by herself) drunk! What an alcoholic loser! " There were several times I was kicked out of bars, for being too drunk, I passed out in the bathroom of bars....etc. etc. It wasn't pretty! I worried about what others thought about me too!!! And a few people unfriended me on FB (and real life) too. It made me feel even worse about myself which just led to anxiety, depression and more drinking. But you know what? Forget them! "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones!" Everyone has crap...baggage...skeletons. One thing I have realized is the more "perfect" people look, the more screwed up they probably are. I am trying to change my life. You are trying to change your life. What other people think of us is none of our business. And you know what? I bet they aren't thinking about us as much as we think they are. I'm not THAT important. Haha Anyway...if we keep doing "the next right thing" and stay sober we will get our confidence back and we won't care what those people think, ya know? They may even notice how well WE are doing and that will force them to look in the mirror at "themselves". And THEIR issues. Forget those people! They don't matter! Just learn to love yourself....then what they think of you wont bother you. I'm doing the same! P.S. I hate Facebook. It's such BS. Peoples lives are NOT as great as they try to make them appear to be! Heck...take ME for example...I look sooooo happy in all my FB photos, my kids look happy, husband happy, pets happy,...heck on FACEBOOK I look like mother of the freaking year! But the "real" me was drinking to the point of oblivion, lying, passing out in bars, driving drunk, thinking about suicide, vomiting, getting thrown out of bars....I was a DISASTER! But unless you went to the local bars I went to and saw me wasted, you would think I was Betty Crocker or Mary Poppins! Lol Soooo...........do you feel better? Just love yourself! I think you seem pretty special! Xo Hold your head up high!!!
awesome post..love it!!!
Old 11-27-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

We get thru it 1 hour or 1 minute at a time TOGETHER! You are NOT alone. We are ALL going thru this with you. Post here & ask for help, call a sponsor or supportive friend, eat something, drink water, take a nap, pray, exercise, cry, punch your bed (or a punching bag. Ha), clean your house....anything but drink. All the people before us say the cravings & thought will go away if we just don't drink. And staying sober doesn't need to be graceful...you can do it!
Old 11-27-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Ahh I haven't been checking in as much and I can't keep up!!
Sounds like everyone is kicking a** and those struggling got some great advice.
I'm wrapping up my day 13 and my only problem is I CANT STOP EATING. Can barely get my wedding ring on. I have got to get a handle on this. I need a food addict recovery forum for people to talk me down from eating. Lol seriously, I'm feeling disgusting.
But so proud and happy to wake up NOT hungover or guilty. I really want to elaborate but I need to sleep!! So tired. Way past my bedtime. Lol.
Gnight everyone! Keep fighting!
Old 11-27-2015, 10:09 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Late Saturday afternoon.....this is the hardest time of the week. Beer o'clock, stuff done....sunny arvo, bit tired, bit solitary, nowhere I have to be tomorrow....nothing to do tonite unless I invent it, TV's dull......all the triggers, all at once.....
Old 11-27-2015, 10:21 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Canguy, thank you for checking in here. You know what to do: think the craving through. Even though you have nothing to do tomorrow and if your AV is like mine it will try to convince you that you can be hungover, think of how you will feel emotionally. You will feel so let down and disappointed in yourself. If you don't drink, you will wake up tomorrow with a clear head happy that you didn't take that drink today.

You've got this!
Old 11-27-2015, 10:24 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hi Faithful, have you looked into urge surfing? It helps you ride the cravings out as they happen. It's a great tool to use along with keeping yourself busy with other activities.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Dee74; 11-28-2015 at 03:07 PM. Reason: fixed links
Old 11-27-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Canguy, thank you for checking in here. You know what to do: think the craving through. Even though you have nothing to do tomorrow and if your AV is like mine it will try to convince you that you can be hungover, think of how you will feel emotionally. You will feel so let down and disappointed in yourself. If you don't drink, you will wake up tomorrow with a clear head happy that you didn't take that drink today.

You've got this!
Thanks kim....I'll be okay, its just a flat moment, they come, they go....
I'll organise something to do to keep evening busy. SR is pretty quiet on a Sat nite down here...maybe make some sushi later or something....
Old 11-27-2015, 10:52 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Day Double Deuce! (22....lol) I ate more turkey and stuff and was feeling tired, so I walked to a department store to see what sales they had. Nothing too exciting so I came back home. I worked at my second job tonight, came home, and here I am with another plate of food and hanging out with you fine people at SR. I've been chowing down so tough yesterday and today, you might as well just call me TurkeyGirl. LOL

Old 11-28-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I am back after the worst time ever. PLease let me join you. PLease let it work this time... I wouldn't screw up without alcohol.... I need to stop.