Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 4

Old 12-01-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Deniselarkin View Post
everyone should try milk thistle and dandelion root to help repair and rebuild of liver cells, I recommend you look them up and research them online google them.
Oh I forgot about dandelion! I drank lots of dandelion tea right after my binge last summer. My liver was a mess and the tea really helped.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! I hope you're having a great day! I haven't had a chance to read the posts because I have been updating our class list!

I think we are doing well!!!

*Out of 67 members, we have only lost 5 (I hope they are doing ok & am praying for them)
*I have sent messages to 7 that we haven't heard from in a little while
*And STRANGE as it seems...3 have disappeared completely. Weird!
-SunnyDenver
-Chicklet
-RichMohagony
ARE GONE! Their names are no longer in the system. Maybe they cancelled their membership or changed their user names? I sure hope they are ok and know they can always come back!!!
Old 12-01-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Oops! Sent too soon!!!

So...we still have 52 very active and sober classmates & I sent messages to 7 to make sure they are ok.

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

My AV has been talking to me A LOT the past hour. I told it to shut up & I am gonna hop off here & exercise.

Hope you're having a great day!!! :-)
Old 12-01-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

So mad and confused right now.
My sister ("functioning" alcoholic who will never admit it or believe it) is sticking up for my other sister who has almost died many times from drinking, saying she is better now because now "she only has 1-2 drinks once in a blue moon". So that's how recovery works? You can just want to stop/need to stop so badly one day that all of a sudden you can control it like that? stop at 1-2 EVERY time? I just am not buying that crap. I'm mad because i want her to keep fighting and i'm mad because i wish it was true at all, or true for myself. But I know that it has to be given up for good, but my AV is saying "but does it have to be given up for good? You were not even 1/4 as consumed with drinking as she was." (That last part is true, which is why I get confused and can ask myself - "well do i need to stop FOR GOOD?")
Ugh. So confused. I wont be drinking though.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

GoldenSands, you've made the right choice going for sobriety! I am sorry to hear about your sisters and unfortunately becoming sober is a decision we all must make for ourselves.

I don't think you should compare yourself with your sister, that you are "not even 1/4 as consumed with drinking" as she is. If we continue, we will get deeper and deeper into alcoholism, and you are doing the right thing to stop while you can. It's not going to get easier.

I understand it must be hurtful seeing your family being so affected by alcohol. But I think right now you must focus on your own sobriety and your own struggles. Maybe with time they will get inspired by how well you are doing. Unfortunately we can't force people to get sober, they must want it desperatly enough.

Stay strong, GoldenSands, you can do this!
Old 12-01-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  
Administrator

part 5 is here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html

D