Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 4

Old 11-28-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Day 29 for me. Spent the entire day cleaning and organising the house . I know, maybe not the most exciting way to spend a saturday, but I actually enjoyed it. Suppose I'm making the most of my energy that has appeared out of the blue after weeks of exhaustion. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
...and around through the dark and back out into the light of Sunday morning.

Saturday nite the hardest one,....but sat it out with dark chocolate and a couple of bad dvd's. And no booze. So its Day 20 today...feeling better, like pams said, maybe not so bloated.

Welcome to the new people, enfin, cinema and vanilla.....stick with us. Kiki has you on the list now, once on the list there can be no turning back, lol.

Actually...looking at the list....there's a lot of ppl on there that haven't posted in a while....maybe an end of the month muster might be an idea Kiki? Before we get shifted over into the daily thread.

Okay....go make some coffee and kick off the day, will check in here from time to time. Before most of you go to bed at about 6pm my time, leaving only us night pilots
I've been thinking the same thing. I seen or heard from Gifford. Jenna, Rivelino, Alphonse and several others. How do we find them? I hope they are ok!!!
Old 11-28-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Day 23 and I made the mistake of eating turkey that I forgot to put away last night. My stomach is rumbling now but there's no pain. I am hoping I don't get food poisoning. I know it takes a few hours to develop. I prayed and drank some lemon juice. My AV was right there to suggest I go get a pink of vodka to kill the bacteria, but I pushed it away. Let's hope this thing passes.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
I've been thinking the same thing. I seen or heard from Gifford. Jenna, Rivelino, Alphonse and several others. How do we find them? I hope they are ok!!!
I take that back, Jemma just checked in today...Hi Jemma!!!!

Gifford hasn't checked in since 11/21. :-( I hope you are ok Gifford!!!
Old 11-28-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meshelly View Post
This is the best class ever! I'm so happy to be a part of it.
Made it though Thanksgiving, day 14. 2 weeks feels awesome.
I feel so much more confident in myself. This is so much better than drinking.
I love it, love this class. Happy days!
Happy sober weekend everyone.
It's totally worth it.
Sending Blessings <3
Today is my day 14 as well! Feels good, huh?
Love this class too
Old 11-28-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
...and around through the dark and back out into the light of Sunday morning.

Saturday nite the hardest one,....but sat it out with dark chocolate and a couple of bad dvd's. And no booze. So its Day 20 today...feeling better, like pams said, maybe not so bloated.

Welcome to the new people, enfin, cinema and vanilla.....stick with us. Kiki has you on the list now, once on the list there can be no turning back, lol.

Actually...looking at the list....there's a lot of ppl on there that haven't posted in a while....maybe an end of the month muster might be an idea Kiki? Before we get shifted over into the daily thread.

Okay....go make some coffee and kick off the day, will check in here from time to time. Before most of you go to bed at about 6pm my time, leaving only us night pilots....
Awesome on 20!! We CAN do it! : )
20 is spectacular, really.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats everyone & I hope you feel better soon CG
Old 11-28-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Need a little pep talk! Not sure why, but I just feel crappy today. I woke up with A LOT of free-floating anxiety, exhausted even though I slept for 10 hours, a little depressed and cranky!

Every time my husband or kids talked to me I wanted to just smack them and I have no idea why? They all just left to go shopping & I was actually glad. That's terrible of me! I guess I would describe it as restless, irritable and discontent!

Anyway, I am sitting in a recliner SINKING down in the chair. I am thinking of taking my dog for a quick walk but I am soooo tired. Ugh.

And of COURSE my AV has spoken a few times today: "KiKi! Go get alcohol! That will make you feel better!!!" Ummmm...NO it won't! Shut up AV! 13 days and fighting but this is hard!
Old 11-28-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Earth Child

At 0 ...starting all over again
well done to everyone who is sober
Old 11-28-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Need a little pep talk! Not sure why, but I just feel crappy today. I woke up with A LOT of free-floating anxiety, exhausted even though I slept for 10 hours, a little depressed and cranky!

Every time my husband or kids talked to me I wanted to just smack them and I have no idea why? They all just left to go shopping & I was actually glad. That's terrible of me! I guess I would describe it as restless, irritable and discontent!

Anyway, I am sitting in a recliner SINKING down in the chair. I am thinking of taking my dog for a quick walk but I am soooo tired. Ugh.

And of COURSE my AV has spoken a few times today: "KiKi! Go get alcohol! That will make you feel better!!!" Ummmm...NO it won't! Shut up AV! 13 days and fighting but this is hard!
My AV was yapping at me a little bit ago too. Kiki if you are tired why don't you just relax and/or nap? I have been SO tired these past 13 days too....I guess it might be our bodies healing? A little siesta sounds like a really good idea about now actually......I think I might just go do that....
Old 11-28-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Climb back on Lily.....everyday is a new one and it always will take a few goes to get going. Taken me a few....and I'm not there yet either.

Kiki....consider yourself pepped. Put your feet up, chill out...watch something on the TV. Call your family shoppers and get them to bring you something back.....expensive treat food or something.

Thanks blonde.....you get it
Old 11-28-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Kiki, you can do this!!! Don't listen to that AV, no matter what.

And it's ok to be annoyed at your family, it's ok to feel down - as long as we don't drink over it! Take this time to really breath, let yourself feel whatever you are feeling and know that it will pass.

I am also having anxiety attacks off and on, I guess that's just what we have to go through! Today I am annoyed at myself, my life and everything. I am just watching stupied movies and eating sweets. But I don't care, cause at least I am sober

Take it one minute at a time, you are a fighter and you will make it through this day!
Old 11-28-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Lily!

Great to hear you are here again and fighting. We will not give up on this! Day one is tough, but you can do it!
Old 11-28-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Hey team november
First check in since Wednesday I guess, fell off in grand style . Unbelieveable. I gotta say this one is all the harder because it feels like I fell from a higher place. .. My sober time this month has been a blessing and although I'm totally gutted I fell off so hard, I want sobriety more and more .. Taking the next steps now which include finding some kind of therapy option and giving aa my first shot.. Thursday morning was probably the darkest place I've ever been and it terrified me
Didn't even want to log on for shame , and because I felt like I'd only do damage to others people success here. Thursday was my new day one. I want to remember November 2015 as the month I got sober in and I'm gonna make that happen ...
This effort is so worth it, keep goin everyone : )
Old 11-28-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hang in there KiKi. Cranky and anxious are probably to be expected right now. You've made it 13 days - that is an accomplishment. Can you make yourself a cup of tea or hot cocoa and sink further into that chair? It's probably too cold to take the dog for a walk anyways :-)
Old 11-28-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Supertired, glad you are back and trying again!

Don't feel bad about slipping, I was also hesitating to log in again since I couldn't make it the whole month either. But the important thing is that you are back, and it sounds like you've reinforced your sobriety plan! We can make it this time!
Old 11-28-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Bah, unexpected sushi date with some out of town friends, who are in town for thanksgiving. Usually a saki bomb/ shot/ beer fest. No no no no no. No. No.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

By the way, as a practical advice I have found a replacement for wine when I feel cravings. I drink water mixed with some apple cider vinegar. I get almost exact the same feeling in my stomache like after a glass of wine, except that this actually is healthy.

I know for some maybe it's not idea to drink something that gives a feeling that reminds of alcohol, but for me it is actually helping to beat the cravings. Whatever gets us through, I guess!
Old 11-28-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Still here, still sober! Thanks for looking out for me welcome to all the joiners! I've been reading almost all the new posts. Just haven't written. I had a nice sober thanksgiving but now am a little discouraged by weight gain. I want it to just melt off because I'm not drinking, but that ain't happening! Lol
Old 11-28-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Welcome to the new people and hello to the wider class. I am reading everyone's posts, but am on phone most of the time, so it's hard to reply to individual comments and the other posts vanish, leaving me with this white box!

Checking in at the end of day 24. I went to a fab meeting this morning about action. It's a Saturday newcomers meeting. I love it!

This thread is a constant newcomers meeting. It's awesome. Wishing you all well. Sv X