Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 4

Old 11-29-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Hi Patricia, I too suffer from depression. It helps me to give myself a break often, meaning if I feel tired I let myself take that nap. Or I give myself permission to leave a gathering or party early if I feel really overwhelmed and unsocial. "Easy does it" is a mantra that I use. I also recognize that there are activities I can do that usually make me feel a little better, like taking a walk or watching a funny video (for a laugh). Please give sobriety a chance. I know it will help you manage your depression.

Enfin, I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough time. Regardless of what I did when I was drunk (ranging from sending a drunk text to driving drunk or missing work) I always felt absolutely horrible about it the next day. Alcohol makes us hate ourselves. The self-loathing is so thick I could slice it with a knife. Please give yourself a chance and stay away from alcohol. You will start to feel a little better in a few days. Keep posting here too, it helps!

To everyone else, I hope you are enjoying a sober Sunday!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Yes, eating does help. Chicken soup or juice is a good start You will start to feel better from here.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Worse still... he's cracked a beer, he's cracked a beer.... holy ****.... he might talk to me if I have one too so we can drive k together. .... holy ****.... too soon to test me..... panicccccccc
Old 11-29-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Worse still... he's cracked a beer, he's cracked a beer.... holy ****.... he might talk to me if I have one too so we can drive k together. .... holy ****.... too soon to test me..... panicccccccc
Oh god, I want to cry.... peel.carrots peel carrots.... my kidneys are throbbing....
Old 11-29-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Don't do it enfin! It might seem like the easiest short term solution, but it will make things worse for you in the long term. You should remove yourself from the situation. Maybe get out of the house and take a walk? You can get through this!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

The only hope for getting out of this dark place you're in is to stay away from alcohol. Remember that you're not yourself when you're drinking. Play the tape all the way through. It never ends well!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learntofly View Post
Don't do it enfin! It might seem like the easiest short term solution, but it will make things worse for you in the long term. You should remove yourself from the situation. Maybe get out of the house and take a walk? You can get through this!
It's dark and lashing with rain and I'm cooking tea and steaming puddings. ... I can't go anywhere... crap. ... he's not talking to me anyway so I can't even say anything. ... he hasn't ever wanted to give up drinking, just moderate and occasionally go way over... he doesn't want to stop like I need to!!! If I drink maybe we could be friends again... I am soòooooo sad again....
Old 11-29-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learntofly View Post
The only hope for getting out of this dark place you're in is to stay away from alcohol. Remember that you're not yourself when you're drinking. Play the tape all the way through. It never ends well!
Maybe I can show him I mean it by not having any....
Old 11-29-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Enfin, don't give in. Get away from that situation...ur first hurdle, jump!! You can do this!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Enfin, you can do this. Tell him you are not going to drink and take a step outside. Take a few deep breaths. You don't have to drink. It is your choice! You are here on SR because you want to quit; you've recognized that alcohol is ruining your life. Drinking now will only make you feel worse (yes, even worse than you feel now). Please stay with us!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Enfin, leave the room-take a shower, take a nap, read a book.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Do you really think drinking will make you "friends" again? That is your AV talking!! Take some deep breaths and walk yourself through this. You will not drink because [insert what will happen if you do].

You can do this!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Enfin, you can do this. Tell him you are not going to drink and take a step outside. Take a few deep breaths. You don't have to drink. It is your choice! You are here on SR because you want to quit; you've recognized that alcohol is ruining your life. Drinking now will only make you feel worse (yes, even worse than you feel now). Please stay with us!
I am.going upstairs to breathe.... I know he hates right now... I just walked round he corner, he was smiling then it fell from his face. .. don't drink don't drink. ....
Old 11-29-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Enfin, remember that the only way we can prove we're committed to our sobriety is through our actions. The first step to rebuilding your relationship and your life is to remain sober. If he sees that you mean it and that you are truly committed to staying sober, he might be more open to trying to fix your relationship. Also remember that this is not something he can get over in a few days. It takes time to rebuild trust. Give him time. But in the meantime, drinking will only make things worse!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

I am.going upstairs to breathe.... I know he hates right now... I just walked round he corner, he was smiling then it fell from his face. .. don't drink don't drink. ....
Good to hear. You can make it through this. Countless other alcoholics have been in the same place. I know how badly you want sobriety. Just don't pick up that drink! ((((Hugs))))
Old 11-29-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Enfin, have you tried to talking to him about what happened, about how bad you feel, and about how you want to live differently? I usually send my husband a text about how I'm feeling. I usually do this bc I don't have the strength to break the ice.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Hi folks. I was referred to this forum by one of my best friends who I'm super proud of having about 40 days sober now. I'm on day 5. It's been a major test, and I'm fighting dizziness, and cramps, definitely the cravings, but I just had the best night's sleep I've had in so long I can't remember, and I felt like an actual human being when I woke up this morning. I'm nervous about the days and weeks ahead, and I'm trying to take each day as it comes, setting small goals. My next is the one week mark. I can't stand the thought of looking back on my life and wondering about all the things I missed out on because I was drunk, or busy isolating myself from my loved ones so they didn't see how much I was drinking. I'm scared but I'm hopeful.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Enfin, have you tried to talking to him about what happened, about how bad you feel, and about how you want to live differently? I usually send my husband a text about how I'm feeling. I usually do this bc I don't have the strength to break the ice.
I'm going to have to... he's on can 2 already. .... maybe he will talk after a few more.... am standing out of sight.... I feel so sick now....
Old 11-29-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

I'm going to have to... he's on can 2 already. .... maybe he will talk after a few more.... am standing out of sight.... I feel so sick now....
Make yourself some tea and have some toast.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Welcome rich! Congrats on Day 5! The first couple weeks for me were the worst, but it does get better. It's great to take each day as it comes. Thinking long term is intimidating, but if we can just get through today, we'll be okay. Thanks for joining our class! You'll find a lot of love and support here. =)