Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 4

Old 11-27-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumbelina View Post
Checking in on day 28. Can't quite believe I've managed this long. Hope everyone is ready for a sober weekend!
You will have 30 days on Monday!!! Wow!!! Keep going girl! Whoot whoot!!!
Old 11-27-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Thank you Kiki. AV is talking non stop...I know that drinking won't solve anything. That it will make me feel horrible tonight. I'm trying to be strong...
Pray for you right now Patricia! Just take it one minute at a time. (((Hug)))
Old 11-27-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pams View Post
What a difference a week can make. A week ago I couldn't think of even ONE of the reasons why I wanted to stop drinking when my AV started yapping at me...I could only just suffer and not give in. I am so glad I didn't give in. A week later I can at least think of the reasons and play the tape through and feel good about my decision to stay sober....
This is so great! The longer we stay sober the more we realize how miserable and sick we were, ya know?
Old 11-27-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Depression is not always crying non stop and laying on the couch all day. Sometimes depression comes as anger and aggression.
Men often express it in a different way to women Patricia
Old 11-27-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
I think you were just letting him know that relapses happen. He's proud of you and you don't want to lose that.

Saying that I'm never drinking again is internal for me at this point. When hubby asked if I was on the wagon last night, and I said yes, l was met with his usual sceptisism. "Pssssh sure you are." It doesn't feel great to be doubted, but I'm the one that put that doubt there. Actions speak louder than words and it's more important that WE believe we will never drink again. If you never want to drink again, you don't have to.

BlackB-thanks for your take on it. I know I really want to stay sober, and hubby isn't putting much pressure on me at all. We really don't talk about it much. I do know the house seems more peaceful. Hubby is difficult so it's not perfect, but being sober sure puts me in a better place to deal with the issues. Like you said, I don't think I want to let him down, but saying "I'm never going to drink again really scares me!"
Old 11-27-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post

BlackB-thanks for your take on it. I know I really want to stay sober, and hubby isn't putting much pressure on me at all. We really don't talk about it much. I do know the house seems more peaceful. Hubby is difficult so it's not perfect, but being sober sure puts me in a better place to deal with the issues. Like you said, I don't think I want to let him down, but saying "I'm never going to drink again really scares me!"
Scares me too. But in reality living the rest of my life consumed... alternating between desperation for my next buzz and self-loathing is much scarier.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Checking in, evening of day 4. Heading out to a basketball game tonight. Having pizza and diet soda for dinner. Had planned to go to a pub before the game but changed plans bc of my latest binge. I'm really trying While my binges have reduced greatly (6 in the last 164 days), the binges send me into a downward spiral. I'm not sure why they happen, sometimes things get very dark for me. There are times I get full of despair and I start wondering what life is all about, then I just say "screw it" and start drinking. I've been feeling very lonely and isolated and talk to more people when I am buzzed/drunk. The problem is I don't remember them or what they told me. This is a complicated thing. Stay strong!!
Old 11-27-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Checking in, evening of day 4. Heading out to a basketball game tonight. Having pizza and diet soda for dinner. Had planned to go to a pub before the game but changed plans bc of my latest binge. I'm really trying While my binges have reduced greatly (6 in the last 164 days), the binges send me into a downward spiral. I'm not sure why they happen, sometimes things get very dark for me. There are times I get full of despair and I start wondering what life is all about, then I just say "screw it" and start drinking. I've been feeling very lonely and isolated and talk to more people when I am buzzed/drunk. The problem is I don't remember them or what they told me. This is a complicated thing. Stay strong!!
Hey Rah, sounds like a really good plan for tonight...and FUN! You seem to really want sobriety and to change your life. I totally relate to the darkness that comes after drinks it. It's truly hell. We never have to go back there though, ya know?

Keep up the great work rah!
Old 11-27-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. First time I have posted here. I just posted on another thread that I am 18 days sober but in fact I just counted again and I am actually 20 days hoorah! I am in rehab. I was allowed a visit home last weekend which went well. But I have been having a few cravings these past few days (despite not having had any for more than 2 weeks) so my Dr and I agreed it would be best for me to stay here this weekend.
Congratulations to all of you who managed through Thanksgiving. At the moment I can't imagine myself being safe in a room where wine is being served. I am actually dreading the festive period. But I guess I will deal with that when the time comes.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Friday night and sitting outside next to my grill. Normally a time to be guzzling a few cold ones back and then switching to a bottle of wine, maybe two. Feels more peaceful with an NA drink in hand, clear head, no anxiety about getting another one. Just 5 days but feeling some sense of relief, some sense of peace that my struggle for normalcy is finally over. I'm not a normal drinker, never have been, never will be. Time to shut off the taps and find a new addiction, a healthy one.

Enjoy the evening everyone...
Old 11-27-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Awesome on 20! Welcome to the class.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

GOOD EVENING CLASS!!! IT'S FRIDAY 11/27/15!!!!
:-) Welcome FABAT50 to the class! :-)

*****NOTE*****
Some people don't like to count days. If anyone wants me to take them off this list or just put something generic like Jsbodhi has below, no problem!!! OH and send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE if I need to change anything. :-)

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

Gifford -21 days
Canguy -19 days
HealthyGoals -12 days
Me (KiKi) -12 days
Patricia -? days
StrangeAngel -"working her butt off!" :-)
Pams -12 days
GoldenSands -13 days
CurlyGirl -22 days
KeepNitreal -20 days
BlackBirdFly -13 days
Noolan -8 days
SwimKim - 3 days
MeShelly -13 days
Thumbelina -28 days
Lisa247 -7 days
WalkTheLine-7 days
Supertired -13 days
Jsbodhi - "in between 30 days somewhere" :-)
Max74 -27 days
DariaM -7 days
ForeverFuzzy -8 days
BadSneakers -18 days
Jemma44 -19 days
Blondsober -5 days
Snowvelvet -23 days
GoldCoastGirl -6 days
Rivelino -6 days
TheRake -6 days
Badger257 -13 days
Odelle -6 days
Tufty13 -26 days
TryinginTexas - 13 days
Onetimeless -21 days
Dallow - 5 days
Learntofly -34 days
Faithfulandfree - 5 days
Tootsiesdad -19 days
SoberMarathon -5 days
Introspectator- 12 days
RedAndy -13 days
Jackie1214 -4 days
Neverthought - ? days
Rah555 -4 days
Alphonse -10 days
amitranjan04 -3 days
ultradad -7 days
SoulPower89 - ? days
got2stopnow -5 days
Fabat50 -20 days

49 CLASSMATES!

*REMEMBER-all we REALLY have is TODAY...this 24 hours. It's not a race. There is no shame in starting over as long as we NEVER GIVE UP!!! There is no graduation; just a wonderful journey into the happiness and amazing life we all deserve...
Old 11-27-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Oops! We actually have 50 classmates now, not 49!!!

:-)
Old 11-27-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabat50 View Post
Hello everyone. First time I have posted here. I just posted on another thread that I am 18 days sober but in fact I just counted again and I am actually 20 days hoorah! I am in rehab. I was allowed a visit home last weekend which went well. But I have been having a few cravings these past few days (despite not having had any for more than 2 weeks) so my Dr and I agreed it would be best for me to stay here this weekend. Congratulations to all of you who managed through Thanksgiving. At the moment I can't imagine myself being safe in a room where wine is being served. I am actually dreading the festive period. But I guess I will deal with that when the time comes.
Welcome Fabat50! I'm so glad you joined us!!! Check in with us often & keep us posted on how you are doing. :-)
Old 11-27-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Friday night and sitting outside next to my grill. Normally a time to be guzzling a few cold ones back and then switching to a bottle of wine, maybe two. Feels more peaceful with an NA drink in hand, clear head, no anxiety about getting another one. Just 5 days but feeling some sense of relief, some sense of peace that my struggle for normalcy is finally over. I'm not a normal drinker, never have been, never will be. Time to shut off the taps and find a new addiction, a healthy one. Enjoy the evening everyone...
What a gift! So glad you are enjoying your sobriety!
Old 11-27-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

29. That's how many times I posted on this November thread today. SORRY GUYS! I'm probably driving you guys crazy!

BUT...I made it through 4 huge cravings today with the help of you guys, my sponsor and God so thank you!!!

I will shut up now. haha
Old 11-27-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Checking in on day six. woke up feeling the best I have felt all week, felt really great to have a clear head, got my butt out of bed nice and early got a bunch of stuff done around the cabin, then some paper work showed up from my attorney and was reminded of the legal situation I've gotten my self into with the third OUI in ten years, and the depression sank in heavy heavy heavy , that's all I have to say for now. thanks for listening.
Kiki, way to pull through!!
Patricia, you got this! stay stong
Old 11-27-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabat50 View Post
Hello everyone. First time I have posted here. I just posted on another thread that I am 18 days sober but in fact I just counted again and I am actually 20 days hoorah! I am in rehab. I was allowed a visit home last weekend which went well. But I have been having a few cravings these past few days (despite not having had any for more than 2 weeks) so my Dr and I agreed it would be best for me to stay here this weekend.
Congratulations to all of you who managed through Thanksgiving. At the moment I can't imagine myself being safe in a room where wine is being served. I am actually dreading the festive period. But I guess I will deal with that when the time comes.
Welcome! We hope we can help you with your recovery! Stay strong!
Old 11-27-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by got2stopnow View Post
Checking in on day six. woke up feeling the best I have felt all week, felt really great to have a clear head, got my butt out of bed nice and early got a bunch of stuff done around the cabin, then some paper work showed up from my attorney and was reminded of the legal situation I've gotten my self into with the third OUI in ten years, and the depression sank in heavy heavy heavy , that's all I have to say for now. thanks for listening.
Kiki, way to pull through!!
Patricia, you got this! stay stong
Hang in there Got. One day at a time. Try not to get overwhelmed and just try to deal with your legal situation. Drinking will just compound the problem. We are here for you!
Old 11-27-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Kiki- I'm only 19 days---tomorrow is 20. You just be getting excited for me too! Lol. Thanks for all you do to keep everything straight. You're the best "room mom " a class could every have!!!!