Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 4

Old 11-30-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Day 8 begins for me now. What a difference a week makes. I only worked two days last week - spent one day at home recovering from my last binge, worked 2 days, and then we had 4 days off for the holiday. The time off couldn't have come at a better time for me. I needed the rest, the time to sober up in my head. I managed to exercise 5 straight days after the alcohol was out of my system and now I'm ready to get back to work with some momentum. I won't let alcohol steal this from me again. Although the AV can be a real pain at times, life is better being sober, at least for me.

Good day everyone. Stay strong on this Monday.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Good morning! Start of day 7, feeling so much better than a week ago. I am setting some goals for myself...today - no sweets or Cheetos, walk 11,000 steps today, and of course no drinking. I weighted 171.8 today, 1st goal is to get into the 160s. Have a great day!!
Old 11-30-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Another good day
Old 11-30-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Happy Monday and congrats to everyone who made it through the weekend! For those who didn't, don't look back...only forward...and never give up!

Today is day 15 for me & my cravings are subsiding. I didn't have ANY yesterday...just thoughts. I have been praying for God to remove my cravings. My anxiety is getting better & depression is pretty much gone. I slept well last night too.

Busy busy day ahead but recovery & sobriety are always #1 because without it I have nothing! I'm gonna get a solid hour of exercise in today too.

I've been praying for you all daily. Have a fantastic day! We got this!!! :-)
Old 11-30-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

GOOD Monday morning!!!(11/30/15) It's the last day of November! :-)

:-) Welcome Richmahogany, Tatersalad & Paul37 to the class!

*****NOTE*****
Some people don't like to count days. If anyone wants me to take them off this list or just put something generic liked Jsbodhi has below, no problem!!! OH and send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE if I need to change anything. :-)

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

Canguy -22 days
HealthyGoals -15 days
Me (KiKi) -15 days
Patricia -? days
StrangeAngel- 3 days
Pams -15 days
GoldenSands -16 days
CurlyGirl -25 days
KeepNitreal -22 days
BlackBirdFly -16 days
Noolan -11 days
SwimKim - 6 days
MeShelly -16 days
Thumbelina -31 days
Lisa247 -10 days
WalkTheLine-10 days
Supertired -5 days
Jsbodhi - "in between 30 days somewhere" :-)
Max74 -30 days
DariaM -10 days
ForeverFuzzy -11 days
BadSneakers -21 days
Jemma44 -22 days
Blondsober -8 days
Snowvelvet -26 days
GoldCoastGirl -9 days
Rivelino -9 days
TheRake -9 days
Badger257 -16 days
Odelle -9 days
Tufty13 -29 days
TryinginTexas - 16 days
Onetimeless -24 days
Dallow - 8 days
Learntofly -37 days
Faithfulandfree - 2 day
Tootsiesdad -22 days
SoberMarathon -8 days
Introspectator- 15 days
RedAndy -16 days
Jackie1214 -7 days
Neverthought - ? days
Rah555 -7 days
Alphonse -13 days
amitranjan04 -6 days
ultradad -10 days
SoulPower89 - ? days
got2stopnow -8 days
Fabat50 -23 days
Enfinthechange -3 days
SilentCinemaFan -3 days
SunnyDenver -8 days
VanillaChaiTea -3 days
Lily76 -3 days
Deniselarkin -3 days
Emma99- 3 days
Augusta1893 -3 days
Determined82 -3 Days
JL2014 - ? days
Chicklet -6 days
Mish - ? days
Missy7 -3 days
Richmahogany -6 days
Paul37 -2 days
Tatersalad -3 days

65 CLASSMATES!

*REMEMBER-all we REALLY have is TODAY...this 24 hours. It's not a race. There is no shame in starting over as long as we NEVER GIVE UP!!! There is no graduation; just a wonderful journey into the happiness and amazing life we all deserve...
Old 11-30-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update KiKi. Another night of horrible sleep. It will be a tough day but I will make it through. Here's to hoping tonight will be better. Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-30-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Augusta1893 View Post
Thanks for the update KiKi. Another night of horrible sleep. It will be a tough day but I will make it through. Here's to hoping tonight will be better. Have a good day everyone!
It will get better Augusta. I promise. Just don't drink no matter what. You got this!
Old 11-30-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Glad to hear so many are feeling positive today. I'm not quite there yet but hope as my day gets going I'll feel better.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Good morning Class. Starting day 9 today and feeling a bit stronger each day. Hang in there strangeangel, the transformation isn't overnight, just a gradual improvement one day at a time. You can do this!
Old 11-30-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your company and especially Kiki for her hard work and encouragement during term time.

I love seeing 29 days against my name, I didn't think that would happen but now it has there's no going back.

Warm wishes to all - we CAN beat this!
Old 11-30-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Waking up to a solid feeling day three. I have to go to work and try to fix everything is screwed up last week. But I'm confident I can. I'm very lucky to be able to say that. We are moving so if you know where were supposed to be coming within the next two weeks, so I'm packing a lot. One of my daughters came over yesterday to help me and commented on my hands seeking. I do feel like this process of culling unnecessary junk will eventually be good.

Anyway I'm playing catch-up so happy Monday to everyone and hang in there.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi guys passing through you guys are doing really well
Old 11-30-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

So it's the end of november!

I wanted it to be a completely sober month but I slipped in the middle. But I am keeping a positive focus and realising that even though I slipped I have a total of 23 days sober in november! I could not have done it without you. Thank you all for sharing your stories and giving your support!

I am very impressed of you who didn't slip, well done! But to those of you who struggle and maybe drank again - the important thing is to keep coming back! Slowly but surely the sober days will become fewer than the drunk ones - and if we are truely detemined, they will completly disappear.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Good morning, All. Very happy to wake up without a hangover. Didn't get much sleep last night but feeling surprisingly awake. I hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Hugs to the class. Day 26... Bloody hell. (Could I be any more British by saying that?)

Sv X
Old 11-30-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Doing great and happy to be sober, internet is down do on my phone. I'll catch up latrr, hopefully! Have a blessed day everyone!!!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Day 16. Feeling fantastic. Off to the gym.

Sending Blessings <3
Old 11-30-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Over two weeks now -- 15 days I guess -- Wow, is this me?

Flossing is so-so, but I'm trying.

"I'm in training," I tell people (which is true - half-marathon is december 13) - but when that is done I'll be training for something else. Nobody has a problem with that and they are all encouraging. Now if I said "I stopped drinking because I had gotten totally out of control and am trying really hard to put all that behind me," they would get all grimacy-cringy. God forbid anyone ever admit weakness, y'know?

Didn't really want anything over Thanksgiving and my family drank noticeably less - they didn't have to keep up. Yeah they had their wine but i didn't drink them under the table. Some holiday tradition, huh?

This week is slow and steady. Holy Moley - 21 days is right there within my grasp -- wow --
Old 11-30-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Aaaaah! I made it to 24!

I never thought I could do it.

All of my symptoms of withdrawal are gone, I'm energized and happy, I'm upping my water intake and treating myself to two bowls of spaghetti today because it's cold and rainy here, so carbs sound delicious!
My roommate moved yesterday, I'm exhausted after the ridiculously long work weekend but thrilled to say I have still not had any alcohol at all and am still super thrilled to not have it in my life!!
Finally informed one of my best friends about my decision. We had some great times with alcohol involved and she was still supportive and proud. I hope that she considers trying to at least detox after seeing my progress... She's further in than I was.
On the upside, I am cooking dinner for her on Wednesday and we will spend the night doing homework. (Thankfully, we are both crazy busy since the semester is two weeks from a close, which means she wants to work more than drink.)

Happy to see everyone else's progress as well and I hope to be able to read more into everyone's posts later this evening... but off to lab I go!!
Old 11-30-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Augusta1893 View Post
Augusta - what I have found is usually a horrible night sleep is following by a pretty good one. So at least you have something to look forward to!