Class of October 2014 Part 22

Old 11-23-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Yes m'am.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys, I hope everyone is well.

The strike actually didn't seem to have much impact, unfortunately. We still don't have an acceptable contract. Oh well. Hopefully they will work it out. I really don't want to strike again, it seriously sucked, and it was definitely a stretch for me physically.

My weight has been pretty stable. Still kinda around 99-100, but I feel okay most of the time, just tired. I think my health is pretty good. I'm definitely in a major depression, everything seems way too hard. It's a struggle to keep up with work and home, and I'm feeling anxiety and hopelessness about it. I'm used to episodes like this, but I haven't experienced them coupled with eating issues in a long time. It's a lot to manage on top of general life, and I don't feel like I'm making any progress in any part of my life.

So it's just a tough time right now. But I'm looking forward to the holiday, I love thanksgiving. Of course I'm anxious about the food issue, and I'm very worried about how my family will react when they see me (I'm already figuring out how to layer clothes to look heavier), but I'm really looking forward to being at home with my family.

Anyway, best to all, miss you guys!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

So glad to see you Briar. ♥

I am hoping and praying that you start to feel better.
And I'm glad that you are looking forward to Thanksgiving with your family.

What a shame about the strike results.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're always here for you Briar.

I'm not going to nag you again to go and see someone, but... that means the self-care stuff falls on you.

Do take care of yourself, ok?
Old 11-23-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

I always feel better whe I move and get things done, be it exercise, cleaning, or a walk outside.

Have a great trip, Mark!!

Something we will never do on Thanksgiving. Sounds wonderful to me, though. Husband has a big family, and mine is all gone, but for my brother, whe does Thanksgiving with his wife's family without fail. So, we always go to dh's family. Only skipping this year due to the puppy. I am secretly very happy. Well, okay, I am not so secretly happy about it. I love cooking a turkey dinner! I should not only do it for Thanksgiving. Usually, I cook it a weekend ahead or after traveling.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

So glad you get to have your TG dinner at home phoebe!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Hi, Briar. Glad you are posting, but sorry you are struggling. I can only relate based on stress making me unable to eat, but it's been a loooong time since I've had that kind of stress. Nowadays, I overeat With stress. But, I relate to my eating being impacted by my life, constantly, in one way or another. It's very intertwined and a part of my addictions.

I hope you find some balance and can enjoy the holiday.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
So glad you get to have your TG dinner at home phoebe!

Me too!! Once every 5 years at best!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Wish we could host you, V!! It's all about pulling people in to enjoying a nice day, if they need a place to go. I d been that person before, and had such a great time.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

After the fires a few weeks back, it really will be a time of Thanksgiving for your family Briar.

I don't have any perspective on eating disorders and feel lacking on how to best encourage you. Having said that, your being sober will certainly help clear the path for you to work through this . It's clear that you're of strong stock and your resolve is to be admired.....even though you don't feel admirable. If you were able to step back and see yourself from the perspective of the rest of us I think you'd agree that you are making progress. So for now just take my word on it.

A little time with your family out in the California countryside, watching your little one romp about with the sunshine on her hair, may lift your spirits a bit friend.

V, you'll be happy to know I'm packed and ready! And this is late for me to be up, but no gym for the next week so I'm livin' la vida loca! ......for a 49 year old suburbanite father of three that is.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Yay, Venus! So glad you knocked that out.

Hey Briar! Sorry yall haven't gotten the results you deserve yet. Trust that your efforts weren't unheard. Hopefully you'll get some compensation soon. It sounds like it's way overdue. I'm looking forward to the holiday too.

Phoebe, My mom always makes a separate thanksgiving dinner for just our family during the week after. This year, we're having it potluck style at my place, kind of like a last Hoorah in the old apartment. I can never get enough turkey so I don't mind at all.

My, oh my, we're a busy group lately! Don't forget to rest as well everyone! It's not only ok, but totally necessary.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Great advice on the rest Conquest......nite all!
Old 11-23-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Goodnight, dear Octsobers.

See you tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

P.S. Love to all.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Sleep well love. ♥
Old 11-23-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Thanks, sweet venuscat.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Good morning all from a very dark and quiet household as all the rest are enjoying their slumber.

I hope today's conference is enjoyable for you Arbor. When getting my CEUs I tend to be one of those people that sits quietly in the back so that I can pull out the iPad if it gets boring.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Have a great trip, Mark! Do you leave today?

I stayed up too late! Was baking and then needed to wind down, and was sort of waiting up for husband who was out at a concert. I went to bed before he got back, but I am tired.

Puppy starts his second round of training this morning. Advanced Beginner Obedience. I think we really should be doing the first class again, lol. We shall see if they kick us back to that one...
Old 11-24-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Hahaha phoebe! Your posted reminded me... My sister's dog was politely dismissed from obedience school as a pup for poor conduct. I thought it was hysterically funny. She didn't. At four years old, the dog has gotten much better. Yours will learn too. We take the smiles with the tears, right?

Enjoy the change of scenery at the conference, Arbor! I hope you got caught up on some rest last night.

Have a safe trip, Mark! Can't wait to hear about it.

Coffee, waffles, and a day of not sure what yet cuz I'm off... YES!!!
Old 11-24-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Morning guys. Early morning here, alarm hasn't gone off yet, waiting for my coffee to brew. It's supposed to rain today, glad for that!

Slept pretty well. I've been sleeping on my daughters floor because she comes into my room and wakes me up when I sleep in my bed. I was letting her into the bed, but my husband complained it hurt his back, so now I sleep on her floor, which is a better deal for HIS back...but it's actually not too bad. I have a little air mattress thing that's pretty comfortable, her room is warm, and I get good sleep. He didn't get home until 10pm last night, so by then I was already asleep. All I want to do is sleep anyway, I don't care where. It beats the hell out of being awake.

Trying to burn through as much work as I can this week. I'm taking the first half of next week off, so everything needs to be buttoned up tight. Kind of a challenge after the strike, everything is three days behind. It will be so nice to have some time away from work.

The holidays will be a welcome distraction.

Best to you guys.