Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 23

Old 10-16-2015, 12:43 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was being naughty really...relations are good - and my mum is not well (heart problems) so this adds a little extra impetus to the trip.

Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 10-16-2015, 12:58 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Love and prayers for your mum Dee.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Thinking of your Mum Dee. I know how you feel . Our Mums are both going through heart issues at the moment. Bless xxxx
Old 10-16-2015, 02:14 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Do your best

Snooz I just read the most thoughtful loving post I've ever read on SR you a true star I really hope you know that your post was beautiful to read I hope you do get your nails done treat yourself !

Best wishes on your trip D sending best wishes to your mum also

Have a nice day/night Julyers
Old 10-16-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Day 4 and feeling really good. Not worried about the weekend because I know I wont drink. It's not an option and I want to continue to feel this good.

The AA meeting yesterday was ok. The topic was acceptance and I realized that that has been part of my problem. I can admit that I'm an alcoholic, but not sure I have really truly accepted it, thus the many failed attempts at moderation. I probably should have shared, but I just didn't feel like it. It does help to get the f2f support and hear others stories to reinforce that we are not alone, but not sure AA is for me. I don't plan on getting a sponsor or working the steps so maybe I don't belong there?

Anyway, volunteering for a little at my daughter's class today so that should be fun My mom is off today too so we're going to grab a coffee and I'm going to be honest with her about how I have been struggling. We are very close and used to be best wine drinking buddies. She has been drinking wine around me thinking that I am fine, but I know she will stop once I tell her. I think that will help me move forward with my sobriety as well. Hiding all of this from her and hubby has just been a field day for my AV.

Sorry for the ramble hehe. Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend. Will post if my AV shows up, promise
Old 10-16-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Ladybug , you are doing great honey

I think it's a brilliant idea talking to your Mum :-)

I didn't get anything from AA Either and am not motivated to get back there.
Whilst I know it's worked for a lot of people , it's not for me. I don't want a sponsor and there are steps I don't want to work.

I don't want to go back and and make amends and regurgitate all of my guilt. I'm sorry for the things I have done and said whilst drunk.

If there is a higher power , then that's between us. just my opinion of course :-)

Each to our own and we are all entitled to our own opinions.

I loved your post , I think you're ready :-) xxx
Old 10-16-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hey guys! I am doing just fine these days..everything is going very well and I am so glad..all of you have helped me change and each day is a blessing!
Snooz you are the kindest soul I know..((((Squeeze)))) thank you for always being so thoughtful!

Wolfy...you have helped me tremendously too, thank you ((((HUG))))!
Ladybug, Venus, Let, Leigh, Crois, anyone I may be leaving out (but not forgotten for sure) I appreciate all of you...I am reflecting this morning how you all share a part of you on here and let us peak into your inner most part (your thoughts) I appreciate all of you for being so kind and letting me be an outsider looking in (((Hug!)))
Have a wonderful Friday! You've already made my heart so much happier!
You are amazing Dee (I tell you a lot but I truly mean it)..thank you and prayers for your Mum (((Hug)))
Old 10-16-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Snooz, you pretty much summed up my feelings regarding AA as well. While I do think it is a wonderful program for many, I just don't think it is for me either. I understand it takes hard work to get and stay sober, but the implication yesterday was that you will not stay sober unless you work the steps, get a sponsor, surrender to your HP, etc. I don't know, maybe it was just the meeting yesterday because there was a newbie there, but I left feeling discouraged - that I won't be able to stay sober unless I work their program. I hope I haven't offended any AA people out there. Like I said, I think it is a great program that has saved many people's lives. Ok, I'm rambling again, sorry!

Dee, prayers and thoughts for your Mum as well
Old 10-16-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi Key! Thanks for your lovely post. Glad you are doing so well
Old 10-16-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Keyyyyyy Hi there :-)))))

Nice to see someone up late , or early lol . It's 1 am here.

I have to be up at 6 am for work but I can't sleep arghhhh.
I better give it another go I spose , I've been playing scrabble online to make me tired but it's not working.
I hope you have a wonderful day and all the rest of my over the ocean SR. buddies.

What do you guys have on your agenda today. ️Xxx

Old 10-16-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

You better try to sleep Snooz! Lol
It's 10:30 am here and I am at work. Going to lunch in a half hour. I work 10 hours on Fridays unless I'm off Saturday and I work the next two Saturdays. Don't have much planned today, just to spend time with my family. That's enough for me..
Old 10-16-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great sober friday evening guys
Old 10-16-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hi, Julyers; haven't read through the thread too well.

Dee, prayers for your Mom. Safe travels.

Love to all.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Do your best

Snooz I saw the bacholerette on tv & said to Mrs sw you might like this the ladies of July talk about this show

It's a girl & a guy called Jeff is that the same season Snooz
Old 10-16-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm trying to read but arie/Jack from lost just got told he's not getting engaged tomorrow ?

This show is brutal Mrs sw likes it im not a fan the guy thought he's getting engaged he was rubbing fruit juice on her arms wth ?

her daughter got to meet her two 'friends' which I think is a bit wrong but that's reality tv for you

I'm going to get my head stuck in my new book spk later/tomorrow guys
Old 10-16-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Ours is the Australian version, Wolfy.

I don't think you should feel bad about your thoughts about AA, Ladybug. I do believe though in the basic principles that we do need to address many aspects of our psyche after we stop drinking. For me, that has been a two year process, and some of those times I drank, but boy, I understand myself so much more now.

I do believe we need a plan of some sort, and a daily commitment to write down our thoughts or focus on dealing with recovery, particularly in early recovery. I.e. How do we deal with stress - how do we start to recognise the trigger emotions that could set us off to romanticising a drink. The thing I hated the most was feeling I could never drink again, or that I felt somehow left out. I honestly hand on heart can say I don't feel like that today. Banishing any postive thought of drinking with a painful one, took time to master, but boy, it really helped me rewire my thought process on drinking.

Anyway, I guess I'm just saying, keep exploring, read up, and find what works for you. I loved the women for sobriety site too. Maybe there's something in that for you?

Keep up the great commitment! Love to you sweetie.xx
Old 10-16-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Croiss have a lovely weekend

Mrs Sw is singing along to the glory of love ......What have I done
Old 10-16-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Lol crack me up!
Old 10-16-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Thank you for that post Crois. You are right - a lot does have to change if I want to stay sober and happy. I'm going to bed sober another day so that feels good. Might have to come here and ask for help tomorrow as sat nights tend to be hard. Thanks, again, for your advice and support. Much love to you all xxx
Old 10-16-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning Julyers 7.41am