Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 23

Old 10-24-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Glad she is ok SnoozyQ ! Thats never a good situation. I hope you get some sleep after work and she feels better.

SW i read the blip on The Alchemist. Sounds like a great book let us know what ya think.
Bob the Pats are undefeated and it looks like repeating could be a real possibility this year.
Hugs key, venus, croissant and SoberLeigh!!
I have young kids and that would scare me to envison a circumstance like this. I would be drunk and helpless myself. So disappiointing.

I feel i can relate to Leshar. I am at 112 days. Felt just depressed and hopeless today. This has been the only day i felt like i was going to stop at the store for a case and a pack of smokes. I leaned on my wife today. I was able to fight off the mental warfare today. I keep telling myself its just today, this hour, this minute. My mind is saying you will be fine with a drink and a smoke. I went to AA the other day but I felt ackward. Deep down I feel i am not as bad as the people in AA. I can handle myself. So the schizophrenic alcholic in my mind says. I just didnt feel comfortable there with everyone smoking and i was craving a cigarette all day.

So i ask you fellow Julyers for any thoughts, guidance, prayers on how to get through the really rough days. I have heard 3-6 months is especially fragile and i have fallen here before. Then i read on hear about SnoozyQ and think I am i really debating this. I am insane in the brain. That was my day.

Take care all,
Old 10-24-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

letitgo ~ for sure the first months are hard. We are trying to implement new behaviours, and our AV will resist. I think the best thing to do is to keep adding tools that work for you....and stay close here, which you already do.

And keep telling yourself how well you are doing, because you are.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Thank you Venuscat
Old 10-24-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hiya Let

Venus is right, great advice honey x

Let, Also , my problem is no bigger than yours love or anyone else's here. Its just a ' different ' problem.Its really hard around 3 to 5 months sober. I struggled enormously. I almost caved a few times , but thank god for this place.
You've done an excellent job getting through those cravings. Minute by minute, second by second at times.

It does pass , I promise you, then you will be so proud of yourself xx

I've had to go upstairs on the balcony for fresh air. I went as white as a ghost& thought I was going to be sick. It's passed now.

Probably lack of sleep, humid day, & I haven't drunk any water. I try to have a glass an hour whilst working , but I seriously hate water.
Mind you ...... I hated the taste of wine but I had no trouble guzzling 2 bottles in as many hours... Go figure !

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday cxx

Love you all xx.

Leshar , I didn't get your card sweetheart, but thank you so much . I would love to have seen that surprise after rehab. I'll chase it up ;-) xx it must have gone to my old address . you're a sweetheart xx truly
Old 10-24-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Let, I came to the closest to caving at 4.5 months. I talked to myself for close to an hour - telling myself every reason in the world why it would be a good idea (I had not heard of the concept of the AV then). Finally reason prevailed and I was so happy to go to bed sober and wake up hang-over free.

Early sobriety is difficult but it will become easier and easier and eventually it will become second-nature.

Stick with it; stick with us; the best is yet to come and it's pretty incredible.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Do your best

I watched a great Ted talk on depression with someone called Andrew Soloman

it was excellent

https://www.ted.com/talks/andrew_sol...re?language=en

Hang in there Let I suffer with depression
Old 10-25-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Letitgo....you posting here about your AV is a really positive sign. Too often we go quiet before a fall. Leigh is right. Stick with us, keep posting. There's no judgement and don't underestimate how hard you've fought so far. And noooo! Don't have the smoke either....it might kick off the cravings a bit more. (Just thinking how coffee really affected my cravings and mood.)

Snooz, yes our first instinct is to protect. And we would never forgive ourselves if we didn't act. However, if we were always protected from consequences....well, that's not ideal either, is it?

You are in a pickle, but Katie needs to face what she's done too, unfortunately.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:36 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi Crois,

Thanks for the link wolfie ~ I bookmarked it to watch later.
There are so many awesome TED talks, wish I had time to watch them all.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:58 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

How's Katie Snooz?
Old 10-25-2015, 01:41 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Just having a vomit as we speak Venus

I've given her an anti nausea tab , so hopefully it will kick in soon.

️Xxx
Old 10-25-2015, 01:44 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

(((Katie))) ♥
Old 10-25-2015, 01:46 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

All day hangover.

I'm all good, thanks Venus! x

Wolfy, I loved reading The Alchemist. I read it a very, very, long time ago. 15 years? But it was great. Probably should read it again.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Croiss I really like it too just got on to part 2/chapter 2 I'm loving all these books can't believe I used to favor a Xbox over reading I have D mainly to thank as I picked his library & glad I did I loved the shack, the Tao of Pooh and the Te of piglet & illusions them books are game changers I reccomend the world to read these books

Wishing you well Katie Listen to whatever mum says she loves you infinitely & your mum has helped me out in sobriety plus your mum is awesome

Venus I really liked it will check out more from Andrew soloman

Watching some very late 80's early 90's Knightmare I havnt seen it in years I loved this show 'where am i' is a fav quote of me & Mrs sw from the show it makes us laugh

Made Mrs sw breakfast in bed (sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms & potato waffles) then done the dishes now were off out to do a bit of strolling

We just saw a mixed breed bird it looked like half ring neck dove & half magpie never seen that before the front was the shade the ring neck doves are and the back was magpie we have pics

Love in the bird world - AWESOME
Old 10-25-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Poor Katie. Wish her well.

Thanks so much for all your thoughts. I will lean on you all. That ted talk was fantastic sw.

Feeling very up and down. Like a roller coaster. Thus is life i guess. I am grateful and appreciate you all
Old 10-25-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Poor Katie. Wish her well.

Thanks so much for all your thoughts. I will lean on you all. That ted talk was fantastic sw.

Feeling very up and down. Like a roller coaster. Thus is life i guess. I am grateful and appreciate you all
Hang on, letitgo....seriously, some tough days and weeks happen. Try not to get disheartened. Sometimes I could have cried, (maybe I did!) the cravings and the bs swirling through my head was that bad. We all want you to win. And you can. Really!
Off to bed for me. May God/the universe - bless all.
Nighty night.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're very definitely on the right road Let...I remember it took me a while to believe that but what people told me was true..things got better.

Like they say in AA - don't leave before the miracle happens

D
Old 10-25-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Do your best

Let, the Alchemist is good reading so far I would say order it np for the Ted Talks I'm glad we share all the Ted Talks thier pretty incredible

Helped a alcoholic today I just posted in overs it was amazing
Old 10-25-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening Julyers going to go msg Casey I do once a week as I don't wanna fill his inbox

Casey if you can see this litrelly get in touch asap pls brother
Old 10-25-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Do your best

Casey logged in on the 21st Oct ? just sent him a msg
Old 10-25-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

^^^ Last Activity: 10-22-2015 10:44 AM

(our different time zones I guess...)

So that's good, right? At least he is in one piece. Now come back to us Casey.

And good morning wolfie love!!