View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Ladybug2

Morning all!

Day 4 and feeling really good. Not worried about the weekend because I know I wont drink. It's not an option and I want to continue to feel this good.

The AA meeting yesterday was ok. The topic was acceptance and I realized that that has been part of my problem. I can admit that I'm an alcoholic, but not sure I have really truly accepted it, thus the many failed attempts at moderation. I probably should have shared, but I just didn't feel like it. It does help to get the f2f support and hear others stories to reinforce that we are not alone, but not sure AA is for me. I don't plan on getting a sponsor or working the steps so maybe I don't belong there?

Anyway, volunteering for a little at my daughter's class today so that should be fun My mom is off today too so we're going to grab a coffee and I'm going to be honest with her about how I have been struggling. We are very close and used to be best wine drinking buddies. She has been drinking wine around me thinking that I am fine, but I know she will stop once I tell her. I think that will help me move forward with my sobriety as well. Hiding all of this from her and hubby has just been a field day for my AV.

Sorry for the ramble hehe. Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend. Will post if my AV shows up, promise