View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Croissant

Ours is the Australian version, Wolfy.

I don't think you should feel bad about your thoughts about AA, Ladybug. I do believe though in the basic principles that we do need to address many aspects of our psyche after we stop drinking. For me, that has been a two year process, and some of those times I drank, but boy, I understand myself so much more now.

I do believe we need a plan of some sort, and a daily commitment to write down our thoughts or focus on dealing with recovery, particularly in early recovery. I.e. How do we deal with stress - how do we start to recognise the trigger emotions that could set us off to romanticising a drink. The thing I hated the most was feeling I could never drink again, or that I felt somehow left out. I honestly hand on heart can say I don't feel like that today. Banishing any postive thought of drinking with a painful one, took time to master, but boy, it really helped me rewire my thought process on drinking.

Anyway, I guess I'm just saying, keep exploring, read up, and find what works for you. I loved the women for sobriety site too. Maybe there's something in that for you?

Keep up the great commitment! Love to you sweetie.xx