Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 23

Old 11-10-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Yes, you are defenity missed here UP!

Sorry about the loss of your daughters Grandmother TS.

MRI showed degeneration of Uncle's spine, he also ended up with 2 staples in his head from the fall, (the caretaker had bandages him up before I got there Sat night & although I peeked at a couple of spots, I did not know it was that bad & feel Terrible) has a uncerafed soar & some bed soars...looks like he will be headed to a care facility for awhile until he can get some strength back & arrange for home care. If he did not live so far down river, I would consider taking care of him, but with Son still at home here, it really is not something I can do, & don't know that It would be something I could handle physically, but I hate to see him stuck in a facility....we will see.
Interviewed & was hired for drives helper for the parcel delivery job today....it is only for 1 mo, but hoping it could work into a permanent position & will continue to look for something permanent. Will be a physical, cold, hard job. My brothers good friend is a driver there so I asked my brother to talk to him & find out what the possibility of it working into something permanent would be. Is with UPS

Freein, that is strange that you are having drinking dreams now...may be related to the holidays??

Exhausted tonight...watched grandsons early this am for a few hours while baby brother went to be cercumsized. Walked oldest to school & stayed with 1 1/2 year old & had a great time with him. So happy that that situation has turned around & I am at the top of the list to care for them when they need help...makes me very happy.

Goodnight fools!
Old 11-10-2015, 09:36 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Congrats on the new job Mariah !
now,....... There's some honest work !!!?!

,...... I've seen the numbers and weights they move in a week,.....incredible. If it gets to a FT thing , you may have to cut down the gym workouts some !
,...or we'll start callin' you "super hillbilly girl "

I have.. to start ridin',.....can feel the blues worse everyday,.... not enough sunshine with these short rainy days,....wicked headache to boot , all day today. They're rare, ...that's why I'm such a whiny puss !

The new day always helps,....if I can just get some sleep.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Yes, these short days are brutal. Tops, are you drinking plenty of water? Your activity rate is high, so I'm wondering if you ever get a bit dehydrated. Hope you find a way to get a full 8 hours sleep too, it's so difficult working shifts, your poor body clock must be constantly confused. When do you cut down on these hours?

Mariah, it is difficult to know how best to support your uncle. Similar thoughts have gone through my head regarding my parents (shall I move closer, find a closer job, should I visit during the week too....), I feel torn, but I know that my parents want me to be happy and not "duty bound". It's often on my mind, and I'm not sure if I've got the balance right or not.

UP, hope you're doing OK bud.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:42 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Afternoon all,
at the desk...

Mariah: Good stuff on the new job. Sleep well!

Tops: Sorry for your families loss....... hope you get some sleep..!

Freein: I have the same attiyude towards my mother, you cant win either way!

The weather has turned here with the great chinese air conditioner kicking in from the north. Has dropped off severely in humidity. The next few months make up for the rest of the year weather wise.
Can think when it's like this.

Good to be sober!

Hope all are well....

stay tuned................
Old 11-11-2015, 01:13 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

It's 4 am , ......and my headache is long gone ,..... ( whew, ..thank goodness )

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
. Tops, are you drinking plenty of water?.

That's been the major flaw in the past year ! It's the worst thing too, (when I'm fully aware of it on some level, ...yet keep ignoring it from time to time. )

My boss will find out early in 2016 about the new schedule ( I'm envisioning anyway ) ,....hopefully they'll go along with it , ....lo

Mariah has given me a good idea , ....we also have a UPS distribution,...and it's never too late to get an honest job !?

On the other hand,,

,.. doubtful they hire seniors ,..... ( slinkin' off )
Old 11-11-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Tops, you're strong and fast, and you can climb trees pretty good too, that's got to look good on anyone's C.V!
Old 11-11-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Don't count yourself out there Tops...I won't be the spring chicken in the group & noticed several "mature women" at the DC yesterday & as Freein said you seem to be on the top of the game hope you are feeling better today.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words y'all !
Your imaginations are healthy, for sure ,....

Freein, I can't climb a tree !, ;...and " fast " ,..lordy,. I guess there may be some living things I can still outrun.
A ladder gets me up a tree ,....

Thanks for the reminder about the water,....been drinking small amounts all day long. Pretty sure that's why my head was killing me yesterday.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:44 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

It's all relative Tops
Anyway, tree climbing or ladder climbing, it makes no difference, you'd be an asset to anyone's team.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, only two days to go. Today will be hardish work, but tomorrow will be easier. I just could do with a bit of extra sleep.

Hope everyone's finishing the week strong.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi Free, sounds like your almost there for the week-end!! Hope you can catch up on some sleep too.

Hope everyone else is having a good week too.

i'm feeling pretty blue about the job/financial situation today. The drivers helper job won't start for another couple of weeks & may well only last for a month although my brothers friend said they do hire people on that prove to be reliable & hard working, but just not written in stone. I should hear from vocational Rehab Counsellor by next week & do feel that will be a great resource in helping to find the right job for me. I guess I just need to be patient & trust things will turn here soon, which I'm really working at daily....especially today. Then, there is this situation with my Uncle, where he is going to need in home care & I can't help but feel that things are as they are because God wants me to be there for him? TodAy he is headed for a care facilities for at least a couple of weeks until he can get his strength back, work with a physical therapist & learn how to use the walker safely. I'm sure everyone gets tired of hearing about this. But it's just where I am right now & hard because I've always thought myself very employable, but the phone is not ringing off the hook & I closed my savings account today. I made my house punt & bought some groceries to feed my monster teen. Have not been to gym for awhile so headed there tonight since membership is paid through the month. Thanks for listening & don't feel the need to respond, I'm just sharing what's on my mind instead of drinking over it. I have ran into 2 AA people the last couple of days who have encouraged me to come back to meetings....it is free???
Old 11-12-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Mariah,
When I was out of work, or needed more work, .....I let some folks in AA know who needed labor for construction, ...and cleaning jobs ,...
It wasn't the ideal situation, but found extra work that way. I've seen notes posted on the AA clubhouse bulletin boards also ,....folks looking for extra work. I've also noticed people posting on craigslist where they say what kind of temp. work they're looking for.
This might not be your thing, but as a teenager, I'd go door to door to businesses and churches, ....anywhere,....and it's amazing what small jobs people would give me !? ,....... usually just trying to get money for food , ..at that point.
Things are a little different now , and I could probably get away with that sort of thing as a teenager,.... out on the road. It was the early seventies.
So there's that,....
May have been plenty of people still alive who lived through the Great Depression,...possibly more empathetic.

.....( or could tell I was truly hungry !? )

Those were the days ,..... when the next meal and a little gas money was all I had to worry about.
Now I worry on a half dozen things at a time !

<This is only an opinion below, so; ..for sure ,..take it or leave it. >
It's only fair, too.........that everyone living with you understands the financial challenges going on ,....., imho
That way, ..( since it will be directly affecting them )
...... .it won't ever be "why didn't you say anything ??? "
when it's too late.

on another note , ..those guys are right , ...they are free ( esp,.if u can get there on a bike )

Freein, hope you caught up on your sleep ! ....this is my Monday again ,,,,and you guys are gettin' ready for another big weekend across the pond ,....two ponds and a gargantuan continent for Obo and Dee !
Old 11-12-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

((((((((Mariah)))))))
I hope you have some good news soon. It sounds like there are several seeds planted, but nothing's quite ready to be picked yet.

You'll be a great employee, they won't want to let you go.

Friday here, I'm in for the Bargain
Old 11-13-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sad news of violent attack on innocent people in Paris....my heart goes out to all of them.

Woke feeling a bit more optimistic this am...took some action by checking in at a couple of places I have applied to & went to brother & SIL to do some work there. Glad to be home tonight with a cup of Chamomile tea after nice dinner with Son. Safe, warm & sober. Finally getting the winter Wheather here....very cold & storm predicted for the week-end....high winds & snow down to 3000 feet.

In for the bargain & hope all our Fools are doing well
Old 11-13-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Sounds like a productive day Mariah !
I know you pour your heart and soul into your house, with all the beautiful landscaping, and remodeling and cleaning. Being sober always gives us the advantage of flexibility, ...and strength of tenacity ! I still truly believe in the "promises" in the BB. If only the timeline was shorter !!

Stay warm through those storms.

Freein, ....I started drinking herbal tea today to help with the water. And reduce the coffee,....I think my palette needs to adjust,....some taste good, ..but others ( like Sweet Rose ) are going to take a few weeks to develop a taste for ( and that's being optimistic !?! )
It's not really the "taste" ,so to speak,......it's more the aroma that's a bit troubling.
On a positive note,...I guess it's good that's all I have to whine about today, I reckon.

Mariah, ....what an unimaginably tragic situation and so,so sad for the thousands of family members and friends .
Old 11-14-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Such a mindless attack, it's hard to watch the news today.
Thoughts and prayers for our French brothers and sisters.

Tops, I stick to peppermint tea. I've tried a lot of herbal teas, but i always return to peppermint. I admire your courage in trying something as extreme as sweet rose! That's heavy stuff.....

I'm in for an early night, bliss.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Freein,
My sister ( who travels a bit ) always saves the tea supplies for me they get in hotel rooms. I've also been buying tins of discounted specialty herbal and green teas occasionally ,....thinking , .....one day I'll need all this stuff !?!

Well,,,,.... that day has finally arrived !

The extra water may be helping with deeper sleep,....slept till noon today !?

Haven't gotten back to a daily workout yet, ....how's everything going with y'alls workouts ?

Dee,... you still doing your morning thing ?

Back for the best shift , ...Saturday night,... it's always busier with late check-ins.

Still hanging in there with the daily yardwork,.... nice day to be outside working on sunny 62* day,...
Old 11-14-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Administrator

No - had a spill a few weeks ago...waiting for things to heal Top
Old 11-14-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you are taking it easy for awhile Dee & hope you are healing well.

I got my work out in yesterday & today for a total of 9 hrs raking leaves & pine needles for my brother....also washed their gutters today before he re-hung them. One tired girl tonight.....drinking my chamomile tea. I like the peppermint tea too Freein. The thought that a couple of beers would be nice crossed my mind by the time I was through today but I played that forward & glad I settled with the tea & a few episodes of Justified....ready for the storm!!
Old 11-14-2015, 11:32 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Yep, I'm still doing my morning workouts. It's amazing how my body is changing, just 30 minutes each morning. I took a couple of days rest while I was poorly - glad to see you're being sensible too Dee, hope you're healing fast.

My diet is pretty clean too now, it's a great way to head in to a new year, I feel I've given myself a real head start.

Glad to hear you slept better, Tops, water is so important. I have a litre bottle of water with a squirt of fresh lemon, which I aim to finish by the end of the work day.

If we keep this up, 2016 could well be the healthiest year for all us Fools
Old 11-15-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

That's always a heck of a workout Mariah !
....wa.aay longer than I could manage these days .

Freein, ...there's a good 45 day warm up until the new year,.....for me, staying away from all the "holiday sweets" will be critical. I've had a few years where this season led me on a free-for-all,.... stuffing all manner of sugary junk in my pie hole. The old FOMO had a hold on me.
This season, .... have to stay on the sidelines for all that bidness !
( with oranges, grapefruit ,herbal tea ,.. and such )

The small branches off those trees are officially burned,... break out the chainsaw for the heavy branches tomorrow, ...gonna save most of the thicker stuff to dry.

Dee, I hope your back to full on soon man,...

Likin' Sunday nights more and more now,

.....Monday iz da nu Friday rown hee ya !