Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 23

Old 10-30-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by izzy8 View Post
- I will say that of all the things I would like to be when I grow up, the medical profession is not one of them.

❤️

Woo.ooo ,..you and me both !

Hat's off to those folks indeed.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:38 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Enjoy your evening TV Izzy...
I'm looking forward to the next Sherlock series. I've heard that there will be a New Years Day special, fabulous.

I think I might be roped in to doing some painting today, the house needs freshening up, so we'll be starting with the internal doors. Not my favourite job, but it will be good to get it done.

My exercise routine is still going strong, that's over 3 weeks now - I'm sure I can see a muscle sprouting through.

Dee, hope you're doing well x

Have a great weekend all.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Your workouts are paying dividends already,.... paintin' always counts as a good workout !!

How's the interior coming Freein ?

Doors always seem to take longer than I think ,.... y'all pull the hardware ?
I'm usually too lazy, ...but always wonder which way is faster , ...in the end.

My TV watching is apparently over, since the one at work is on the fritz and months ago traded my cable for internet at home . It's comforting not to see one single TV advertisement this long !

Don't have a clue what I should be coveting now.

Old 10-31-2015, 11:31 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Tops, I escaped the door painting - the weather turned out nicer than expected, so we were outside clearing the garden. The doors are still staring at me "paint me!". We usually take off the locks and handles, just because I'm such a sloppy painter. We'll probably get started on them this week, unfortunately.

I could easily live without a TV. Whenever I try to watch it I either fall asleep or get so engrossed I lose track of time and end up going to bed late and missing out on a good night's sleep. I try to avoid the TV, unless Sherlocks on, of course

It's 6.30, I've finished my workout, had a shower and eaten breakfast. A great way to start Sunday for me. In a couple of hours I'll be driving down to see my parents to spend the day with them.

Mariah, how's baby Grayson doing?

Hope everyone's having a great weekend.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Morning Fools,
9.55am,
at the desk....

Tops: we use the computer hooked up to the TV, best of both world. No ads and you choose what you're watching...

Freein: your exercise routine is an inspiration..!

Dee: I hope all's well mate!

Friends of ours have let me down. They sub-letted the apartment below us to people I dint like. I told them I wasn't happy about it. They are making money off the people by charging way over the rent. I ran into the wife on Friday and asked her what was happening, she said they'd given them another year on the lease. I said I had to go and left her standing there.

We've lent them money, looked after their kids, their parents had used our house when we were away. And then they do this, just selfish behaviour that has me really upset.

I hate it when you think you have friends but then they treat you like..........!!!

I cant get it out of my head. I want to ring them or email them and abuse them for what they have done.
But what's the point.

I have to use the civilised method of not talking to them again....!

Monday rant done.....

stay tuned..................
Old 11-01-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you're stuck with lousy neighbors, Obo. I hate when a friend turns out to not actually be a friend. Hopefully you'll be done stewing over it soon, and can let it go.
Izzy, hopefully your nursing duties are almost over, and that your patient isn't trying your patience too badly.
I hope you had a good day with your parents, Freein. You are such an attentive daughter, and I'm sure they are deeply appreciative of it.
How's your new baby grandson, Mariah?
Up, what's up?
Dee, I hope you're recovering fast.
Chick, are you still with us?
I'm kind of overwhelmed, as I usually am during my holiday production season, but I'm getting a lot done. I seem to be getting inspiration and drive back, finally. Both had been gone for a while, and my efforts were feeling flat and stale to me, so this is quite a relief. My holiday vending marathon starts in 2 weeks, and I think I'll be better prepared than I have been in a few years.
The down side of production mode is that I tend to let everything else go, so my house is trashed, I'm way behind on laundry, and I'm mostly eating food I've had delivered, because shopping and cooking are too much effort. still, in a lot of ways I really am living the dream, so I shouldn't complain. I just wish I had a housekeeper.
I hope everyone's week is off to a good start.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hi Adna.......!
Old 11-01-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hi Obo,
How's baby Anna doing?
Old 11-01-2015, 10:24 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

She's great. 6 months now, unreal! You only get a real concept of time watching a baby grow up, it's amazing.
Healthy and happy and has epic eyes, her smile is something else...well to me anyway!
It all looks good!
I'm usually in a bad mood after a day in this stinking hell hole of a school, so having a wrestle with her giggling away when i get home usually snaps me out of it.

stay tuned.....
Old 11-01-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Obo, I'm so sorry to hear you've been let down so badly. That's a tough one to bare. I've recently learnt about the 3 A's when facing a challenge: Adjust; Adapt; Accept. The most important thing is not to allow an external situation to disrupt our internal peace. Easier said than done, I know!

Adna, sounds like you're on a roll, and nothings going to stop you! Hope you're getting enough sleep though.

My exercise routine is already paying dividends - I've just done a short fitness test, and I'm stronger in each movement. I'm ready to graduate from half press-ups (from knees) to full press-ups! This is big news for my weedy arms!

Have a great start to the week all.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

It's lovely to hear about Anna's smiles, I bet she brightens up everyone's day.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Baby giggles are the best, and 6 month olds are so much fun. I bet her smile lights up your whole world, Obo. I'm so glad she's doing well.
Freein, it sounds like your arms are less weedy by the day, and you are an inspiration.
Happy Monday everyone!
Old 11-02-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Congrats on the grandson Mariah!

Happy Birthday obo!

Hi adna, izzy, free, top and chick!

I just celebrated my first sober birthday in nearly a decade. 27 is off to a good start! And just rounded out 11 months so really close to that big year milestone which I'm feeling very positive about. Unfortunately for me I do want to be a member of the medical profession when I grow up, haha, so I've been running around working like mad. But thinking of you all and taking it one sober day at a time!
Old 11-02-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the good wishes guys - battling on and getting there

Happy birthday Rocks
Old 11-02-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

GOOD STUFF DEE!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it Dee ,.... ( wonderful avatar btw )

Congratulations Rocks !!

:

...One year will be here in no time now !
Around Thanksgiving season , huh !?

....sorry, ^^^^ , I couldn't resist
Old 11-02-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sorry that you have been hurting Dee & glad you are on the mend. Take good care of yourself!!

Happy Birthday Rocks & wonderful you have your sight on 1 year of sobriety!! Tried to give you some fireworks, but not working from my phone...you deserve them though!!!!

Great job Adna on getting getting ahead of the game for the Holiday Season!!

I'm doing OK but did not maintain my sobriety having drank twice last week. I have no good excuse for it, just decided that I was going to & as always, disappointed that I did. Anyway, I am winding down in day 3....probably not going to be counting the days anymore for now for awhile & just focus on finding a job & being kind to myself. I always feel like I let the class down when I continue to choose to do it again & thought about stepping away here too, but I've grown pretty fond of you all, so I'm afraid your stuck with me.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Mariah: Haven't let me down. And I know all about falling over. Despite the mental anguish and I'm not under estimating that at all, it really is as simple as starting again....when you're ready.

It's been 87 days now since I crashed/relapsed/had a drink.

In my opinion.

It takes around 90 days to get back to wheere I was with 15 months sobriety. There is a pride in being sober that you lose. I found I had slight depression and the anxiety levels came straight back. And there was no whisky or shots involved. But I did drink after a huge fight with my brother so maybe it intensified all those emotions.

Life is 10 fold better sober but I still think about drinking almost daily....

I always wonder, what if.......what about......... maybe I could...

I know this is the sound of an alcoholic, this is the AV talking.....it's going to be something I have to live with. It seems whether I drink or not, I'm an alcoholic!

I caught the boat this morning with a fellow band member, we were talking about nerves and stage fright as we've got our 1st big gig in HK this weekend. He said "I don't think you should drink booze ever again, I really don't".

Sometimes everyone can see it but me....!

Good luck Mariah, I'm unconditionally on your side...!
Old 11-02-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, Rocks! It's nice to see you around here.
Dee, I'm glad you're healing.

Mariah, I am also unconditionally on your side. This is your journey, and you haven't let me down. You also haven't lost any of the days you spent sober, so I hope you still feel good about those. This is a process, and it's different for everyone.
I'm glad you're still here.