View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
topspin

Mariah,
When I was out of work, or needed more work, .....I let some folks in AA know who needed labor for construction, ...and cleaning jobs ,...
It wasn't the ideal situation, but found extra work that way. I've seen notes posted on the AA clubhouse bulletin boards also ,....folks looking for extra work. I've also noticed people posting on craigslist where they say what kind of temp. work they're looking for.
This might not be your thing, but as a teenager, I'd go door to door to businesses and churches, ....anywhere,....and it's amazing what small jobs people would give me !? ,....... usually just trying to get money for food , ..at that point.
Things are a little different now , and I could probably get away with that sort of thing as a teenager,.... out on the road. It was the early seventies.
So there's that,....
May have been plenty of people still alive who lived through the Great Depression,...possibly more empathetic.

.....( or could tell I was truly hungry !? )

Those were the days ,..... when the next meal and a little gas money was all I had to worry about.
Now I worry on a half dozen things at a time !

<This is only an opinion below, so; ..for sure ,..take it or leave it. >
It's only fair, too.........that everyone living with you understands the financial challenges going on ,....., imho
That way, ..( since it will be directly affecting them )
...... .it won't ever be "why didn't you say anything ??? "
when it's too late.

on another note , ..those guys are right , ...they are free ( esp,.if u can get there on a bike )

Freein, hope you caught up on your sleep ! ....this is my Monday again ,,,,and you guys are gettin' ready for another big weekend across the pond ,....two ponds and a gargantuan continent for Obo and Dee !