Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 23

Old 11-02-2015, 11:23 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Mariah, I'd like to say that we're not stuck with you. You're stuck with us Us Fools gotta stick together! Each of us knows how hard it is to beat this thing and I for one admire how you keep picking yourself up and coming back to the fight.

Haha tops very perceptive on the Thanksgiving front. Thanksgiving and family gathering proved to be my kryptonite last year and I swore never again. This year I'm spending Thanksgiving at home without family. I'm looking forward to it. Family can drive you crazy, as you've noted obo.

obo, I agree that it takes 90 days to get a solid foundation. But I would say it took me at least six months before I didn't feel like I was looking over my shoulder waiting for the devil to come round again. 11 months in and I still felt a little grumpy on Halloween when people were doing shots. But I know that feeling won't kill me. But the drinking surely would.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:59 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Rocks, and 11 months is something to celebrate too!

Mariah, success is just a matter of getting up more times than we fall. That's exactly what you're doing, so don't hammer yourself. We can't change the past, but we can change our future. I'm thankful that you've chosen to stay with the Fools, we are so much stronger together. Let's finish the year strong, and get a great start to 2016.

Dee, hope you're back to your A1 condition soon.

I'll be in the car a lot today, so will be listening to some positive audio books, to help keep my energy up. My aim is to end the work day, with still enough energy to enjoy the evening. Yesterday I made myself dance around the lounge when I got home - that definitely worked (Michael Jackson track was on the radio).

Hope everyone's day goes well.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks everyone for your constant support....I should have come here & expressed everything I was feeling....exhausted, worried sick about financial/job situation, lonely & just plain unsure about the future, nothing that was resolved by me drinking.

Busy day today....brother & SIL are remodeling & I went over early this am while dry wallers were there....worked for 7 hrs cleaning, raking & pileing leaves, picked up large pile of broken concret & cleaned up after drywallers. Popped.....time to pu Son.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Rocks!

I'm glad you're pursuing the medical profession! I gain more appreciation for that line of work every time I encounter a hospital ... I'm so impressed with it all- just know I wasn't cut out for it! Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving .

Obo- love hearing about Anna! 6 months is one of my favorite ages. Although, I will say that I'm enjoying my teenagers much more than I thought I would.

Adna- it does sound like you're living the dream! Why not get a housekeeper ?

Free- I love your "3 A's"... Acceptance has always been hard for me so that's helpful to think about.

(((Mariah))) I'm SO glad you're sticking with us. And I love your transparency/honesty. We can do this!!

Tops- you're awesome, as always .

"The Patient" is getting better. Walking- so, that's good.

Glad you're better, Dee

Take care everyone
Old 11-04-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Good to hear your hubby is on the mend, Izzy.

I agree, Rocks you're entering a noble profession for sure.

It's been a warm and wet autumn day here. Managed a woodland walk earlier, I love the colours of autumn.

My OH, is thinking of buying ANOTHER motorbike. I'm hoping he'll choose one that's reliable, and actually runs! He tends to be attracted to old "classics", we really don't need another "project"! How anyone can get excited about a particular spanner I'll never know.

Having said that, It's so good to spend our hard earned money on something better than wine.

Have a lovely evening all
Old 11-05-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Wishing you all. A good day/evening!

I have been out & about busy the last couple of days & glad to be snuggled back in bed with my coffee this am after getting the kiddo to the bus. I met with a counsor for Vocational Rehab yesterday & was a good meeting. I explained the difficulty I am having with the anxiety & how it affect my doing the type of work I do....I left feeling hopeful that she can help in getting me placed in a job that will be a good fit for me, it is a process so I will continue to look on my own. Drove down to Uncles yesterday taking him a homemade chicken pot pie & did some cleaning for him.....saw 9 dear on the way there & back....one a little bit too close...I will call him lucky!!

Hey Up....hope you check in here soon. Thinking of you
Old 11-05-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Mariah ,

Since you ain't scared of honest work,.....I hope you can find a job that's physically demanding this time ! That way , at the end of the day , ...you'll never feel the need to hit the gym for an hour to "unwind" ,,.......you'll already be as unwound as you'd ever want to be.

A real time saver !?!

Everything's quiet around here at work this time of year,....... I sure don't mind it either. well,.......The fire pit is officially done,....

Breaking out the chain saw soon for some small stuff,....need to top 8 or 10 small trees along a fence line so they'll bush out lower for a better privacy screen next year.

Hope everyone has a good weekend , ...this is my Monday morning ,....still adjusting to this weird schedule.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Actually TS, I applied for delivery (package) driver's helper position last week & scheduled to interview for it Tuesday & that is exactly what I thought....get my workout in while on the job! Wanted to drink today....got my butt down to help my Mom with her yard, came home & cleaned out my front beds, cut some things back, mowed front lawn & bagged up 2 bags of leaves, took leaf blower to porch & driveway. Made a great huge goulash dinner & ready for some calm tea & glad I will be going to bed sober.

Glad the fire pit is back in place & Happy Monday night friend!!
Old 11-05-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Delivery sounds like a great workout everyday !
...they'll be able to see you're no slug ,.....on Tuesday.

Good luck,
Old 11-05-2015, 10:24 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Having a physically active job is definitely a bonus. I spend too much time sitting down at a desk, or in the car, it's not doing my body any good at all. There's some big changes going on in the company I work for, and my team will soon have a different manager. I know from the past that her management style is quite different from what we're used to, and I'm not looking forward to the change.

Mariah, a vocational rehab counsellor sounds a great resource. Hope something useful comes out of it soon.

Tops, if there's one piece of machinery that I stay well clear of, it's a chain saw! They look like they'd be just as happy chopping through one of your limbs as chopping through a tree. Sinister contraptions. Your days definitely involve a lot of variety!

I seem to have picked up a cold, I've had to swap my interval workout for some gentle yoga this morning. Hopefully it won't linger.

Have great end to the week all.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

UP, how's it going?
Old 11-05-2015, 11:00 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Freein,
"Sinister contraptions."
Old 11-05-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

I hope you get over your cold soon,.......
Old 11-06-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Feel Better Freein, yoga sounds like a good idea for a day or two.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Battling the urge a bit right now...how it is I forget how hard it is to get through those first few week!! Has been a busy week & ended up a busy morning/early afternoon....I have had a little glass of soda & a bite to eat & sent myself to my room ( no school for Son today & he & girlfriend have the living room) & just going to chill a bit...made plan to go search for a manzanita branch to make a bird purch for nephews Bday tomorrow as he is getting a bird & taking my Mom with me to do that here in a bit & know the urge will pass...thinking about how I want to feel when I lay my head down tonight.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-06-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-06-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Me & My Sweet Peas!!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-06-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lovely pics Mariah

don't give into the urge - be the role model you want to be for those little ones - you can do this

D
Old 11-06-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks Dee.....the urge has past & I'm home now & settling in for a sober Friday night