Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 23

Old 11-25-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

UP, hope you're doing OK

Tops, I've been browsing, and came across the "kicking asphalt" thread. It's very inspiring - people running, walking and cycling. Thought you might be interested to help get your biking legs back on the pedals. I know now's not the right time, with your work schedule, but hopefully in the new year?

Hope everyone's having a good day.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff Freein
Old 11-25-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great Thanksgiving all you US folks

D
Old 11-25-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving........ I must look up exactly what that is...

Working on being aware....... trying to stop the AV coming in now and then. Trying to watch it rather than think about drinking...

Maybe It'll fall silent the more aware of myself I become....

Oh it's a long road......

Hope all are well.........

stay tuned..................
Old 11-25-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

It definitely will quieten down, Obo. I've found that by hieghtening my awareness of the AV, and asking the question "what is that I'm really needing right now", has helped me to discover the true underlying need. It's usually rest, solitude and self acceptance , for me.

Sounds like you're doing a great job, Obo

This season definitely holds some gifts and challenges, depending on which way you look at it.

I need to be hyper-vigilant over the next few weeks, and finish this year stronger than ever.

Every day that passes is a day closer towards the healthiest version of ourselves!

Have a great day all.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well said Freein

Keep on keeping on Obo
Old 11-26-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post

Tops, I've been browsing, and came across the "kicking asphalt" thread. It's very inspiring - people running, walking and cycling. .
That's a good one Freein,..
One of my old classmates ( Ghostly ) and I were very active in the KA for several years in the earlier threads ,..... Tom deCelt ,...returned awhile back. He's an animal on a bike. Cool story about his radical lifestyle change on his 51'st birthday , ..as I remember. I think his dad and several relatives died young of heart disease,....so he started working out with a 4 mile powerwalk ever y single morning as an overweight , ...and out-of-shape guy on his birthday and never looked back. He took up cycling that same year,..... really nice fellow,...
he lives out in San Diego,Ca. ,,,,....where the weather is nice year round !?

,...that dog,.... lo

Long day today,....drove back 8 hours this am,... cleaned the kitchen and came to work tonight on about 3 hours sleep last night ! Have a feelin' I'll sleep hard tonight. This is the first day of a 12 straight work days.
It would be a little more fun if these folks ever paid OT,..... slim chance of that ..ever happening !??

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,......
Old 11-26-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi All - Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating! I remember "vowing" on here & to my Sons last year that I would not be hosting dinner again this year, but for some reason I forgot why and decided as I wasn't working & so that my Mom did not feel she needed to do it, I hosted Thanksgiving dinner again. After making the invitations, UPS called me Monday & asked me if I could work Tuesday (wasn't supposed to start until December 1st), so I spent 10 1/2 hrs Tuesday & over 9 hrs yesterday on a truck delivering packages in rural areas. The last thing I wanted to do this am was get up & clean my house & do this deal, but I did............Had family here, my youngest Son saw how tired I was when I came in last night & still had to go shopping & he really "stepped up" to help me, which I am so, so thankful for. Everyone is gone now, middle Son just went for bike ride & his dog is lying next to me.....we have the heater up & fireplace on, a cup of tea & a piece of pumpkin cheese cake. Supposed to be 27 degrees tonight so headed out to wrap some facets & take it easy as I will be on the truck again tomorrow & expect another long day, as I think the whole month of December will be.

Love to you all!!
Old 11-26-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Tops, hope you managed to get through that work day, and get some really sound sleep when you get home. That's some schedule you've got!

Mariah, I'm glad you posted, I wasn't sure when you were starting your job. Hope it's going well for you. This time of year is so busy, even without thanksgiving!

I'm starting my Christmas shopping with a vengeance this weekend. I'm driving to my brothers house tonight, and then spending tomorrow in the city of Bath with my friend. She's great at shopping (makes up for my constant dithering). Hoping to come home with lots of prezzies on Sunday.

So I might not be able to check in to SR tomorrow. Be good while I'm gone (otherwise Father Christmas won't be visiting!).

By the way, I'm in for the weekend Bargain!
Old 11-27-2015, 02:08 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Bath is a beautiful town...... Good stuff freein.
In for the bargain...

stay tuned......
Old 11-27-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Administrator

righto obo
Have a good weekend guys

D
Old 11-27-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Have fun in Bath Freein !
Sounds like y'all may single-handedly boost the local economy.

Managed to drop a yooge tree this afternoon,..... my tree guy had topped 25' when I was in Tenn,.... I tied a thick rope on the high section 35' up to another giant tree 25' up , and a second rope up high at 90* to the trailer hitch,....to control the fall. ( it was leaning in the opposite direction )

That baby shook the ground !

What a relief to drop that particular tree,....it was leaning toward a shed that I couldn't afford to lose, ..if it were to fall like the one next to it had fallen several months ago,...taking out a section of the neighbors privacy fence. They are a fast growing ( self limbing) variety of oak, called a Laurel oak ,...basically a trash tree because they have a tendency to eventually rot out around the large holes taking water where they drop giant limbs.

Easily the biggest tree I've ever dropped, ...by far !

Two nights down ( working ) ,...almost anyway ,....10 to go .

In 13 minutes I'm turning 59,....... jeepers,... that means I'm starting my 60th year on this mudball !?!
Old 11-27-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Happy Birthday TS!!! Hope you do something nice for yourself
Old 11-28-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
Happy Birthday TS!!! Hope you do something nice for yourself
Thanks Mariah !
Does an oil change count ? .... Slept till' 2pm and changed the truck oil before work tonight.

Busy, busy busy night here,....

Hope everyone's having a good weekend !
Old 11-28-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

No TS, an oil change doesn't count. Hope your night goes by quickly
Old 11-28-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
No TS, an oil change doesn't count.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Tops, I can't believe I missed your birthday!
Well done on your masterful tree felling activities. You do get a lot done during your home time. Had you thought of just having a snooze instead?

Hope your work night was kind to you.

Mariah, how's your UPS work going?

I'm back home, and happy to be checking in with you all. It's always lovely to see my brother, but I miss my normal routine, it's been strange sitting with people who have beer and wine around the place. It wasn't too much of an issue because they both know I'm alcohol free, and I had plenty of lemons for my water.

I'm always amazed that what used to seem normal for me now seems quite strange.

My friend and I made a great kick start to our Christmas shopping. I just have to keep up the momentum now. Less than 4 weeks to go!

Dee, Obo and UP, hope all's well in your world's.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Welcome back Freein !

I've noticed how thankful I am for the "routine" ,..or "comforts of home" after leaving for a while too. One of those things I constantly seem to underestimate if too much time goes by without a holiday !?

...I'm taking your suggestion and about to take a nap outside on this beautiful fall day before work tonight,...

....good job on the early momentum btw !

Mariah, ...do they have you working 7 days a week, ...or do y'all take Sunday off until you get closer to Christmas ?

Hope the rest of the crew is having a good day,....or night ( as it were )

Old 11-29-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Nice going Free on early jump start on holiday shopping. Keep it simple....easy to go overboard with this deal.

Enjoy your days off TS....the outside nap sounds good.

I do not work week-ends & spent yesterday afternoo. & last night with quiet down time here at home that was much needed....have plenty of stuff that needs done around here today but think I might get out for a drive....beautiful sunny, but very cold day here.

Middle Son has been back home here almost a year now....love him dearly, but we are walking on some thin ice around here...I hold my tounge a lot, suck it up & do it myself a lot....he is talking about buying a place & moving within the month but don't think that will happen with type of multi family property he wants to purchase. Anyway, thanks for listening to me vent. Have a great dAy/ night all
Old 11-29-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Vent as much as you like Mariah! I would imagine it can be difficult having adult children living under the same roof. Very tricky situation at times.
I totally agree about going over board at Christmas, it's so easy to slip in to that consumerism.

Tops, enjoy your well deserved rest.

I'm having an early night tonight, I love my bed.