Notices

Class of August 2015 Pt 2

Old 08-09-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Welcome leveler and welcome to august ditzy dandelion!! Let's make this our month to get sober....and stay sober xo

I had a beautiful day at the ocean with just me and my husband. Lovely breeze and awesome waves. The water was very warm!

Olivia...yes , where I live is beautiful in the summer. Water on both sides. I live about half mile from Long Island sound and only 15from the ocean. Very lucky!!
My hubby's business is a big mess and thanx for asking. Not sure what will happen. I'm glad I'm not drinking cause that only makes things worse!!!

Have a sober Sunday night all...new work week tomorrow xo
Old 08-09-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Leezer and welcome back Ditzy

D
Old 08-09-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Weekend was a little hard, but I didn't drink. What helped me (I think) was really changing a lot of my routine. I went to an AA meeting this morning. The whole AA thing is pretty daunting - steps, sponsors. Pretty confused. I just want to never drink again because it's a problem for me. The discussion helped me identify why I think I drink. This isn't easy, but I believe it's better than trying to blot everything out with alcohol
Old 08-09-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I love the book club idea and I also used to read a lot but can't when sauced. I read a book by Augusten Burroughs once but have not read "Dry". Downloading on kindle now!
Old 08-09-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Checking in here Sunday night on the East Coast of the USA...so many new classmates coming into August 2015 daily...too hard to keep up!

Support is everything, and there's no shortage of support here in the August 2015 class thread or anywhere on SR...keep up the good work and on to another week of sobriety for us all!
Old 08-09-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I caved. I'm so ashamed. I'm not even happy right now. Back to day 1 tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you have any left, tip it out. That way you'll wake tomorrow better for having stopped and determined to succeed

D
Old 08-09-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
If you have any left, tip it out. That way you'll wake tomorrow better for having stopped and determined to succeed

D
I did thank you. I hate myself
Old 08-09-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Do you know what triggered you MR?

I was so close to caving yesterday myself. Was around 11am, was working all throughout the night for about 10 hours straight, beautiful morning, tired, hungry, mind was mush, plus there was a weekend party (marriage probably) going on close by and they were blasting out of a bunch of loving, relaxing music, plus I had a steak defrosted ready to be cooked up.

A couple beers would have been great. Couldn't sit still for about 2 hours, kept getting up and pacing around the house debating with myself whether I should just quickly run out and grab a couple beer. Thankfully after about two hours, the craving passed, I cooked up my steak, and went to sleep.

Anyway, point is, don't be too ashamed or beat yourself up too much. I've relapsed so many times I've lost count. Nonetheless, if you can figure out what helped trigger it, maybe you could stop it in the future?
Old 08-09-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, MR. I haven't had a craving all day and one is creeping in now. You remind me how slippery this thing is. Come on back tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I have been around drinking through out the day and have had cravings but did not give in. I feel exhausted yet I cannot sleep well and won't even get home until 11. This whole parenting thing is so overwhelming for me!! I am in a horrible mood. Have a good night everyone! MerryRecluse make tomorrow a new day and focus on what went wrong. I have spent time really thinking about my past failed attempts. Welcome everyone new this weekend!!! We are all in this togethr!😀
Lilly
Old 08-09-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi MerryRecluse,

Like everyone else said, just come back tomorrow, don't drink, and work out what you learned from this. Many of us have done the same thing.

My day was pretty darned sweet; I woke up at a ridiculous hour (4:30) due to a hungry dog and just stayed up. Had lots of energy, got lots of things done and still had plenty of time for some relaxation in the yard and pool with my delicious lemonade. What a change from getting up at the crack of noon with a hangover and barely being able to get my laundry finished.

I had a few moments of craving, but I did not let them consume me, and I did not obsess. In fact, I feel good about what I'm doing for my health. The cravings passed quickly.

It's now close to 8pm here and I'm starting to get tired, since I've been up for so long. Going to read the board here a bit and then see if I can get to sleep early tonight. If I'm lucky enough to be able to sleep. I never know these days.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
Do you know what triggered you MR?

I was so close to caving yesterday myself. Was around 11am, was working all throughout the night for about 10 hours straight, beautiful morning, tired, hungry, mind was mush, plus there was a weekend party (marriage probably) going on close by and they were blasting out of a bunch of loving, relaxing music, plus I had a steak defrosted ready to be cooked up.

A couple beers would have been great. Couldn't sit still for about 2 hours, kept getting up and pacing around the house debating with myself whether I should just quickly run out and grab a couple beer. Thankfully after about two hours, the craving passed, I cooked up my steak, and went to sleep.

Anyway, point is, don't be too ashamed or beat yourself up too much. I've relapsed so many times I've lost count. Nonetheless, if you can figure out what helped trigger it, maybe you could stop it in the future?
My trigger is intimacy. Anytime my bf gets too close I drink. I try to go to therapy but I just hide my issues. I'm trying so hard to be normal and get sober but my ex really beat the normal out of me.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hating yourself just makes it easier to keep abusing yourself MR.
How much does your bf know about your intimacy issues?

D
Old 08-09-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

i'm going to join in here. psyching myself up to not drink tomorrow i will read & catch up on the past posts tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome itsonthehorizon

D
Old 08-09-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey guys, coming into my 4th sober day, seems a small step but was a mountain to get to this point. I had a work event over the weekend which unhappily coincided with my decision to lead a sober life. It was overnight (which of course meant free booze) and also included a final gift of a 6 pack to each and all. I'm happy to say that I somehow managed to decline both the evening drinks and the 'gifts' politely and firmly.

The first time I got off the booze I was doing well and about to hit the 1 month mark when I was pressured by my boss to have 'just one' shot at a work function just for form's sake. This I eventually did and, predictably, the evening ended with me getting completely hammered at home and very nearly missing a flight.

As a kid I was always more of a follower than a leader. It was probably what got me into drink and drugs in the first place! This time around I thought I'd try and go smart, and work my way around people who manipulate us followers into doing what they want (e.g. drink with them). I found that the best book for this was 'When I Say No I Feel Guilty'. It's a pretty old school book but I found it really useful. It changed the way I looked at social functions and even relationships with friends and family. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who, like me, finds it hard to say no.

Stay strong!

George
Old 08-09-2015, 11:04 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Welcome George, I might check out that book. Congrats on 4 days.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:50 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I'm so ashamed. I just give up on weekends. I have all these good ideas and rn my mouth all week long about things, and I just lay down and quit on myself on weekends. Oh I get a lot of work done.
I just feel worthless starting Monday mornings off feeling like everything I post or think about is just gonna be crap because I'll pour it back come fri-Sunday. Its 0245 Monday here. Not really hung over. Just sick of being here. Supposed to have a blood test done in the morning. Not going. Gonna wait a week, and stay sober, because I know what my liver functions gonna look like.
I didn't post on here this weekend because I was ashamed at being a hypocrite and an addict.
I don't know if I can ever get a handle on this. I just don't know. I don't want to die a drunk, but you wouldn't know it if you see me for the 3 hrs each weekend evening.
Sorry for rambling. Just feeling low.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Come on back tomorrow, JL. It happens, don't beat yourself up over it.