View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
TheMerryRecluse

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
Do you know what triggered you MR?

I was so close to caving yesterday myself. Was around 11am, was working all throughout the night for about 10 hours straight, beautiful morning, tired, hungry, mind was mush, plus there was a weekend party (marriage probably) going on close by and they were blasting out of a bunch of loving, relaxing music, plus I had a steak defrosted ready to be cooked up.

A couple beers would have been great. Couldn't sit still for about 2 hours, kept getting up and pacing around the house debating with myself whether I should just quickly run out and grab a couple beer. Thankfully after about two hours, the craving passed, I cooked up my steak, and went to sleep.

Anyway, point is, don't be too ashamed or beat yourself up too much. I've relapsed so many times I've lost count. Nonetheless, if you can figure out what helped trigger it, maybe you could stop it in the future?
My trigger is intimacy. Anytime my bf gets too close I drink. I try to go to therapy but I just hide my issues. I'm trying so hard to be normal and get sober but my ex really beat the normal out of me.