Notices

Class of August 2015 Pt 2

Old 08-09-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Another day. I'm already figuring out some stuff about myself. This stuff kept me stuck while drinking. What to do about it, I have no clue.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good to hear your sleeping better beerbgone.

Rio I'm guessing only change and time can make a difference to your stuff about yourself.

I've had an amazing day - very productive indeed!!!

I went for a 5 mile run, cooked Sunday lunch, done the washing and ironing. Took my daughter and her friend to the park for a picnic, back home cleaned through from top to bottom and it's now just gone 7 and I plan to read a little here before losing myself in a movie.

Can't remember the last time I done anything this normal, especially enjoyed doing it.

My only concern is that it is all to easy at the moment and I will forget how bad it was drinking and this will allow my AV to beat me.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Daughters sixth bday today. Trying not to be super grumpy thinking about not drinking today. Bought a red bull and a few fancy root beers to drink instead.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'd be up for a book club as well.

Troy, thanks for the response! I was wondering if I had just suddenly turned into a gross, oily and sweaty person. Now I just have one more reason to not drink. I don't like being this sweaty! I'll try sweating it out with some more exercise.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Speaking of sweat... I'm not sweating a lot but I'm noticing that I am more, um, odiferous than usual and I have to apply deodorant more often. Glad to know I'm not alone in this
Old 08-09-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

[QUOTzE=Rio97;5503749]Another day. I'm already figuring out some stuff about myself. This stuff kept me stuck while drinking. What to do about it, I have no clue.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you Rio. When I started this journey in July I totally blamed my drinking on my job, how it doesn't suit my personality, and the guilt of having a job others want that I don't like and only do for the money blah, blah, yadda yadda, and within very short order have determined it's much much more than that. Also had to face that I really was addicted when the nasty physical withdrawal hit. . We both know that drinking is the worse thing to do, to anethesize our feelings, but it is darn hard sometimes. . Argh!! Just ate away another AV with huge breakfast! hang in there!

Alreadyin use, just finished Drinking a love story last night! Yes, her romancing the bottle resonated with me too. I have Alan carrs book to read next, and did read a sample of Blackout, so that's on the agenda as well. When I was drinking so much I gave up so many passions, like reading. Soo much on my kindle to get through, including game of thrones! Bookmaven, I'm going to check out the book club on social groups too.

bigShoe and SHG, good job during tough situations!

Retread, Lovehoops, Lilly , Troy , BBG! merry, Peace, bexxed, applejack, glad to see you all staying sober!

Welcome soberella , Swift, Igrahan
Old 08-09-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Retread1959 View Post
Speaking of sweat... I'm not sweating a lot but I'm noticing that I am more, um, odiferous than usual and I have to apply deodorant more often. Glad to know I'm not alone in this
I've noticed that too!
Old 08-09-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Rio - your sister bums me out! She's sober and basically sabotaging you (maybe not sabotaging but still...). My sister gets on my nerves for other reasons. She doesn't drink and I know she never liked me drinking. She's a serious Debbie Downer and not just about my drinking.

BBG- milk thistle. I remember googling it and there was something that I didn't like about it. I don't remember what is was. Will have to revisit.

Gonna have to get that Lovestory book. Book club would be great too.

Lovehoops - you live in a neat part of our country. How's husband's business doing these days? Seems you mentioned something lately.

Enjoy all of these posts even if I don't respond to most of them.

Olivia
Old 08-09-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

BBG and Olivia... Milk thistle.. Same family as ragweed I believe? So possible allergies perhaps? Seems like it's used in Europe for cirrhosis from what I recall when I looked into it, but good idea to check with your dr.

BBG, I believe alcohol really has effect on B1, so I take extra of that as recommended by my physician .
Old 08-09-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
BBG and Olivia... Milk thistle.. Same family as ragweed I believe? So possible allergies perhaps? Seems like it's used in Europe for cirrhosis from what I recall when I looked into it, but good idea to check with your dr.

BBG, I believe alcohol really has effect on B1, so I take extra of that as recommended by my physician .
Thanks Sadie. I knew there a B vitamin alcohol depletes but didn't know which one.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

My only experience with milk thistle comes from when my dog had a very serious liver disease and I gave him a medication that contained the active ingredient in milk thistle. It rebuilt his liver and his vet was amazed because he was that far gone before I gave it to him.

That said, taking a med with the active ingredient isn't the same as actually taking the herbal supplement so I'd check with the doctor as well.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great week ahead everyone
Old 08-09-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Day 1. Will read back and get to know you all tomorrow sometime.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me as well. Have been on SR and have had long and short periods of sobriety off and on since 2012. Trying to make this one count. Have learned LOTS over the past 3 years that I think I'm finally willing to implement in my life.
Lee
Old 08-09-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hey DD, welcome back.

Welcome Leezer.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Did you miss me, lol.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I'm just glad I'm not the only serial student, lol.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Just starting the day after a night of sweaty turbulent sleep. My day has been made already with the 'Blackout' book mention by Bexxed. I just read the description on amazon.com and I can totally relate. I hope everyone has a good day today.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Welcome leezer. Welcome back Ditzy! There are other Julyers in here, trying hard to make August our month!
Old 08-09-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcomes! I know what I need to do I just need to DO IT and realize that I cannot, one day, even after a year, drink anymore. I think I've finally learned that. I'm known for a brick-hard head.