Notices

Class of August 2015 Pt 2

Old 08-10-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

So stupid. I can't get past the first weeks worth of withdrawals. I get so ADD, and can't remember anything. I need a focus hobby. If it weren't for working out, id probably be a lot sicker. I hate being a liar, but but I guess that's what I am. I lie all week long to myself and ppl on here that want help while trying to ignore the thing inside me that's just waiting on Fridays .
Damn
Old 08-10-2015, 12:07 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Don't be too harsh on yourself JL.

I was going to suggest maybe spend the week trying to plan a nice outing with your wife for next weekend. Then I remembered you have a 2 year old, right? Makes things a little more difficult I guess, but still possible. Why not maybe a weekend camping trip, and don't bring any booze?
Old 08-10-2015, 12:22 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think making a plan for the weekends is a great idea JL.

You need to challenge that part of you that wants to drink, and out do it in effort.

There's always a ton of support here on weekends - why not use it? \

D
Old 08-10-2015, 12:26 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Really feel for you JL. I am at a much lower and more down point than the ten days I was here before. I lost a lot jumping off the wagon and it really hurts. There must be a point where the hurting stops and the healing starts and hopefully we can all get there together. Was so positive last time round but last few days I just seem to keep crying.

Here's to day2.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:38 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really believe the healing starts with healthier choices.

When I absolutely did everything I could not to drink, it wasn't pleasant - it was indeed very hard - but no harder than trying to drink myself to death was.

The big difference was, after finite period of time, abstinence made me feel better

D
Old 08-10-2015, 12:57 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I think for the moment it is just a grieving process for time wasted and people lost. I really am starting over with almost nothing. Still got a lot of regrets to let go of and a lot to forgive myself for.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:15 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi all.

One week sober for me today and I'm very proud of myself. Back to work tomorrow and intending on going to the gym
To mix up old routines.
Hope everyone is doing great. Have a good day All and keep pushing on and keeping then faith!
Old 08-10-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Checking in on my my new day 1. I hope I haven't undone all of the good I did. I'm headachey but alive and I still want to get sober. I poured out all of the booze and I'm ready to start over..
I'm mad at myself, but I guess it happens. I really didn't even enjoy being drunk last night. That's the sad part.
dee: My bf is aware that I have some issues, but he's such a sweetheart that he just kind of rolls with it so it's sort of a non-issue, they have gotten better over time, but I still have a tough time with feelings.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good morning august class,
Welcome itsonthehorizon. You will find great support here so keep posting.
JL and MR...I'm glad you are back posting on SR. Don't give up on yourselves. This is sooo hard and that damn AV IS always there. It's hard to get rid of those crappy feelings but like someone said (I believe dee) being sober does really start to feel better than being drunk. It takes time and work but you will get there. I am hanging my hat on that myself bc I can remember how much better I felt when I had some good solid sober time.
Keep posting. We are all here for you and we can do this together!!
Happy sober Monday all xo
Old 08-10-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Here's to day 8. Weird, sometimes I feel I was more productive when I was drinking. Like I would try to accomplish so much just to prove I didn't have a problem. You know, if I were an alcoholic, would I have vacuumed and dusted this morning, two loads of laundry, and mow the lawn? Not that I'm not doing anything, but maybe I'm just not rushing so much. Or I'm actually trying to sit down and read some books on understanding my problem.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day 10 here! In the past, relapses for me where when I was debating in my head how much I liked drinking vs. how much I believed or didn't believe I had a problem. So for those relapsing know that it takes time - a progression- to get to the point you are so feed up you quit and know it's important to you and why it's important to you. I hardly hear from AV and when I do I cut him off mid sentence!!! Lol
Old 08-10-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good morning from California. It's early and a busy week awaits.
The HALT concept came to me when I rolled somewhat anxiously from bed at 4:00 am. There is a lot of wisdom in it.
So I plan to eat regularly and healthily, put away angry thoughts ( not a hard one for me these days), stay connected with friends and family (and meetings) and get some sleep.
Simple plan but easily forgotten in the thick of it all.
A good week to each of you.
Jonathan
Old 08-10-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody. I'm beginning my day 7. Kinda' have the blahs this morning. I dunno' why. I usually feel like this in the late afternoons. I'll just see what the day brings I guess.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Good morning everybody. I'm beginning my day 7. Kinda' have the blahs this morning. I dunno' why. I usually feel like this in the late afternoons. I'll just see what the day brings I guess.
Good morning Beerbgone.
I've read your posts for a while and am really happy for your last 7 days.
The blahs are vastly superior to what came before 👌🏿
Hang in there. You are in my thoughts.
Jonathan
Old 08-10-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 9. Happy Monday and big congrats to all who successfully navigated the weekend.

JL,MR,DD...and anyone else who is starting over...congrats on starting over.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thanks Benice and all the starter off'ers!
I'm on day 158, and sobre 146 of them, one month since my last drink. Feeling good until somebody just thanked me in work for a job well done with 8 bottles of wine and bubbles...Farrrrrrrrk!!!
Feeling like an ungrateful cow!

Originally Posted by benice View Post
Day 9. Happy Monday and big congrats to all who successfully navigated the weekend.

JL,MR,DD...and anyone else who is starting over...congrats on starting over.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

JL, you CAN get a handle on this. This is going to sound crazy, but I firmly believe that sometimes we have to figure out how to want something like this badly enough to make the commitment stick. That's how it was for me when I quit smoking and it seems to be true for me with drinking, as well.

Soberwolf always asks about having a plan. You know that weekends are a trigger for you, so get on back here and make a plan for what you're going to do next weekend. Take action. Action can be simple-- for me this weekend it was nothing more than making a gallon of lemonade so I'd have something to pour when I got the urge to drink. You can do this. We will not give up on you.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Day #2 for me. First Day #2 in a long time. I planned this rather well. I bought groceries for the week and am just going to stay in my bubble and focus on rest and positive thoughts. I've been running on empty since my last bender, which lasted close to two months. Going to make myself a healthy breakfast, take a shower and shave, and watch some good movies on TV. Also on day 2 of no smoking. That's not bothering me for some reason, but I only smoked about a pack a week. Happy Monday to all. I have a week-long vacation and it's time to get these marbles in order!! Lee
Old 08-10-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone! Happy Monday! I hope everyone is starting to feel better, I know I am. For those who are struggling, just stay close to us and let us support you.

I'm looking forward to an interesting day. My boss has been away for a week so I'm sure she'll be shotgunning all kinds of emails to me today with tasks that need to be done. I may actually be up to the challenge today. I'll be anxious to see what happens around my normal drinking time. Cravings the past few days have not been too intense but getting home from work is always a major trigger, so we'll see. I have lemonade! I should be fine!
Old 08-10-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Morning!! Catching up with posts! Totally agree to make a plan for the weekends or for trigger situations. I have failed many times becoming over confident and thinking I could handle places/people that I couldnt. It's normal for emotions to be all over the place and for saddness to take a grip at times. I am there now!! Stay close to this board or other communal support groups like AA or others. Being able to share with people who get what I am going through is a real necessity to me personally right now anyway!! Every day is another day forward! If this is Day one, think about a plan and think that you don't want to have another day one again!! Playing the whole sequence of events forward and knowing where it leads is keeping me limping along😀
Lilly