Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 4

Old 07-25-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Some really great posts to catch up on this Morning
Whiteturtle.. Whatever you do, don't beat yourself up, just move forward AND don't let it continue. It's over, you stopped at two, learned your lesson, now be done. Proud of you for coming right back.
Congrats on so many of your days and weeks adding up. This is only my measly 4th day and while I'm proud of staying strong, part of me thinks it's so sad that it's an achievement for me now to not drink alcohol for 3 stinking days. Know what I mean?
I know today's gonna be tough. I didn't sleep much last night (situational, not a side effect of sobriety for me at all), I have the afternoon to myself (no kids), and I'm already feeling weird and I unsettled, probably bc I'm tired. I will be sticking close....
Old 07-25-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 4th day....nothing measley about that

forabetterlife,

Congrats on day 4. That is a big deal. Don't downplay it - be proud of yourself. There are many that never make it that far.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Well made it to day 5 and gave in. My AV was just killing me yesterday! My mom was talking about drinking, my neighbor was getting drunk as usual with his friends, and i just kept thinking, why can't i drink? Why can't i enjoy my Friday with some booze. It is so stupid, at least now i know it is. Did i have any fun? Nope, instead i went to bed crying as usual because i was beating myself up for failing again! I have said it a dozen times maybe, but i am going to AA. I have been praying alot as well. I am not even religious, sure i believe in Jesus but i don't normally pray or attend church, but latley i have been praying and asking Jesus to come to me. I know it might sound weird. I think i just need someone to save me??? I am not sure. The good thing is i did not get drunk last night, i knew to stop, and i ate dinner and went to bed at a normal time etc. But my head sure hurts, i am just happy i am not hugging the toliet like last week. I hope no one here thinks i am not serious about stopping. I am very serious. This is just so hard. It seems so easy at first and then i do 4-5 days and i get that craving and i do fight it so hard but i give in. Anyway thanks for reading. Hope you all are having a good weekend.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

forabetterlife- Congrats on day 4. You can do it.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

The urges and cravings will come - they always do - but they will pass. Think of them as a wave or a cloud in the sky. As soon as they come, they can be gone.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

White turtle- I am so happy that you came on here to post about your situation and shared with us, instead of beating yourself up about drinking and continuing to drink after having a few. Sobriety is a learning experience everyday and maybe you can turn a little slip into something very positive for your future. You know now that you don't need to drink in order to have fun.

Today I will celebrate my 3 weeks of sobriety( I am tired of counting days until I get to 30) with a green kale smoothie, a long workout at the gym with my son, some inspirational reading, and a good comedy to end the evening. Planning out my day doesn't afford much time for my AV to argue with me. In fact, she hasn't even came out to play lately. I will not get too confident though because I know she is still there deep down inside waiting for a weak moment to prey.

Have a great day/night Julyers!
Old 07-25-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Dont give up needtostopthis ... I must have broken down on the friday nights dozens and dozens of times ... so I got myself a NEW gorgeous big fancy nancy crystal glass (i was a wine drinker so the glass was part of it in a way for me) then bought lemons or limes and club soda or unsweetend ice tea or tonic water and made myself a really nice drink like that when I get home JUST for me :-) It helps me not feel deprived.

Just a thought :-)
Old 07-25-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

That is a brilliant idea Dee 1971! Mind if I steal it?
Old 07-25-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Of course not Angd1978 :-) It makes me happy !
Old 07-25-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Toadie - hang in there with IOP. Gotta be lotta good ones out there.

WT - there's positives in what you did. Yea there are! Stopped at two. Didn't buy more. Maintained good attitude etc. I'm not big on this count starting over but not my rules. AA does that too. If I had say five years under my belt I'd say I have five years and one slip!

Cut up lots fresh veggies this am. Have quite a bit of fruit too. Was driving the boat since 10 am Just saw our dock captain and his wife and they asked us over for ice cream tonight! They older. Five years ago (even two). I'd have said no way! Super nice people. Family oriented lake. Couple years ago (even last year) I'd be lit by now.

My AV tells me DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!
first I thought I had two AVs. One to drink and one not to drink. I have a beast that says drink and an angel that says DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. Angel winning lots! Yay!

Anyway, I THINK I'm ok. My feet fly out from under me though so gonna stay on guard!

Phone might cut out on water. Gonna post for I lose this post!

Take care

O
Old 07-25-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart, for your replies and encouragement. It is a huge deal for me, especially considering the mental state after having slipped up after 25 days under my belt (almost made it to one month, which was the point when my boyfriend said we could think about getting a kitten... ).

I am truly, truly sorry that I have not been available to respond individually to everyone as I have in the first few weeks. I am reading everything, though, and laughing and crying along with you all and your stories. I am so, so, so grateful for this place, and especially for this special group of Julyers.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Wow! One can miss alot when your not on SR. Glad to see everyone have great weekends. To those of you struggling...all i can say is your not alone. There is some solice in that. This is a great thread to help. Gotta get some chores done around the house today. Ill check back in in a bit!
Old 07-25-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Thought I was caught up on posts but wasn't.

Need - I LOVE your post. Jesus will help you. Keep praying. I think I'd distance myself from Fri night/mom/neighbor drinking. Go to Movie, walk, bike, shop etc! Sure darn hard I know. Praying works wonders. Gonna download that Calm app myself.

Dee71- I drink from my short wine tumbler! Crystal light is great with lemons and limes and all drinks mentioned! Some think that's slippery but it's kind of a security blanket for me!

Gonna enjoy the water

Olivia
Old 07-25-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Sitting out by the pool (how fortunate am I?) checking the latest posts here, so many positive things happening... so happy for everyone's successes and righting their ships!

Keep the good vibrations going!
Old 07-25-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Olivia- That is a good idea. I think i will pass on seeing my mom on Fridays from now on. It is just too much. I think i will just go do something with my family and plan it. Maybe bowling or seeing a movie all together. Fridays are so hard!
Old 07-25-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all,
I keep forgetting that this post exists and that it moves so fast! I am going to spend some time catching up and familiarizing myself with many of you who I don't know. I've been on the regular Newcomer's site.
I'll make a visit here a part of my daily plan.
For me today....marching along. Wife and kids are heading in every direction for the next two weeks (summer camp, trips to see family etc...) which is always a hard time for me. Last summer they went to Sweden for two weeks and I achieved new lows
So...my plan is to follow literally every protocol that I am learning from y'all along with staying in touch with my "temp" sponsor at AA. The temp sponsor was a suggestion from an SR veteran and it was very easy to have multiple offers from the group I have just recently joined.
Above all I cannot let myself "isolate" during this time. That is when the real drinking ramps up. I've got to get out there and stay out there....
Happy weekend all.
Jonathan
Old 07-25-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hello everyone ! Day 3 here. This is probably my easiest day 3 I've had so I'm grateful. I wanna enjoy the time left here in FL with a clear head and know when I get home I'll be seeing friends,family, and getting back to old meetings. I stopped going to. Watching Orange is the new black with iced coffee. Thankful for u all. Stay sober this evening. One day at a time.
Old 07-25-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats everyone really uplifting reading all your posts
Old 07-25-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Odd day for me. I'm almost eight weeks into to a divorce. I'm sure he did the best he could, but there's an anger and a hole in him I nearly killed myself trying to heal. I left in a mad rush of drunk insults (mine) and violent outbursts (his). Not much for either to be proud of. I'm only two days in to being sober. 100 percent , no cheating sober. And I miss him with a fierceness that's overwhelming. I met an old old friend today who I used to think was a little too out there hippie dippie but for the first time I heard what she said. You can't heal the broken unless they want to heal. People who respect themselves do not project negative things on those they love. It was a healing talk. I still miss him. Painfully. But there's no choice. To go back is to crawl back in a bottle and try to save someone from themselves who has no interest and cannot be who I mistakenly want them to be. So. I pledge to go to bed sober and get up sober. At least I can try to heal this broken thing called me. Thanks for your support
Old 07-25-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

The sail plane flying was great today. Flew with my brother and got an aerobatic flight. Loops and hammerhead stalls. So much fun. Def a bucket list item.