Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 4

Old 07-26-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Daria - do your parents know you are trying to stop?

Was debating whether to watch The Bucket List (Jack and Morgan) or Double Jeopardy. (Judd and Tommy Lee jones). Have seen both a few times. Both great movies! Going with DJ! Just made a big lunch (cause we skipped b'fast ). Made BLTs with homegrown tomatoes. Leftover spinach salad and homegrown squash and zucchini. Added bacon drippings to the squash.

Heading home tom and back to work.

Welcome everybody and have a good week

Olivia
Old 07-26-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

My parents? I'm not that young... also, my father is dead and my mother is many states away.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Woke up early this morning around 7:00AM, grabbed some breakfast, nice large sized coffee. Bought the parrots and cat some more food and treats. I'm catching up online. Even though I told myself I wouldn't check Facebook, I did glance at it out of curiosity. My cousin has her account deactivated but I'm not going to worry about it right now. Later on today, there's an old movie screening I want to attend. I haven't really gotten out of the house since the whole incident Thursday morning. I also haven't really done anything nice for myself in a while. I think the film screening will make me feel better. I was online "window shopping" as well and good news is, I'm getting a nice Smart HD 43'' Television for my bedroom(A birthday present from my dad) and I might buy a nice inexpensive desk to do some study and work on. I've had this wobbly old desk since 2004 and I think it's time to update it. I think a furniture change for my room will inspire me and give me some confidence for the rest of the summer. I need to always be working on a goal or a project otherwise I sink into a depression and become reclusive. I guess that makes sense.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Maybe, Olivia, you thought by "folks" I meant my parents?
Old 07-26-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Welcome KD, Charlie & Upwardspiral to the July 2015 class!

I'm moving through a solid Sunday (day 24) here on the East Coast, great weather.

Back to my IOP therapy tomorrow, may be my last day. maybe not...just don't know yet.

Stay in control! Nobody has control over what you choose to do but you...
Old 07-26-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Thanks for every one of your posts. I'm at five days. And I'm ok. Saw a movie on my own. Me earl and the dying girl. It was excellent. Went to a new church and it was fun. Ignored everything my ex did to goad me and that was awesome. Thank you for putting yourselves out there so people like me can celebrate five days. Pretty damn tough without you
Old 07-26-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in.

Welcome to the new folks! Your stories are YOUR stories, but they have resonances with all of ours. Glad you're here!

Been a busy couple of days -- for a Saturday and Sunday! But all is well. Lots of yard work, bread-baking, ice-cream making (for a neighborhood party last night). I'm feeling like a nap would be the ticket right now . . . but I NEVER nap. Maybe a good habit to cultivate.

Starting week 2!

KO
Old 07-26-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Well, it's back to work today after last week's accident, and feeling a bit glum. I have a temporary front tooth that is noticeably yellower than the other. Not really the look I was going for. Oh well. The main thing is it lead me to this forum. The support is well worth any insult to my vanity.
Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. Thanks for the laughs Bob and Charlie :-)
Hey SCF....what kind of parrots do you have? Here's a link to a youtube clip of a parrot with an extremely bad temper. He's just had his nails clipped by his owner and is not too happy about it....hilarious :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsLmQF29OgU

Best wishes all xxx
Old 07-26-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just remember the tooth is temporary - it'll be fixed soon Too

Congrats to everyone on milestones achieved - and thanks to everyone for such great recovery, help and support.

welcome back KDBnSLC
do you have a plan beyond being part of this class?

D
Old 07-26-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Fighting to not drink. It's all over me. 7pm here on Sunday evening. Feeling bad, not knowing why. Just hot all day at second job.
Man cravings are terrible ! Please go away !!!
Old 07-26-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi JL. Hang in there...don't give in. Can you watch a movie or something to take your mind of it? I watched 'Flight' last night. It's about a pilot who is an addict - really powerful. Message being we're better off doing anything else other than drinking. You can do it :-)
Old 07-26-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Fighting to not drink. It's all over me. 7pm here on Sunday evening. Feeling bad, not knowing why. Just hot all day at second job.
Man cravings are terrible ! Please go away !!!
Maybe go try and see a Sunday evening movie? Go to the gym if you have access to one. Try a swim if you have access to a swimming pool. Try and do a food cheat and order in some pizza and a movie? A favorite candy or treat?

Sometimes doing those things will make those thoughts go away for the time being.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's some great tips here JL
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

Please don;t give in - the more you ride your cravings out the more you'll see they do have an end...and the more you'll realise that feeling discomfort is a normal feeling - it may bring panic and fear with it but you won't explode or die, and those feelings will end too.

Keep up the good work and soon you'll start finding these cravings a lot easier to handle
Old 07-26-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Stay strong, JL. The craving is a temporary thing...it will pass....and you will be stronger afterwards for resisting.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Messed up again, hurt the ones I love the most. I'm not suicidal but I do think dying would be easier than all the pain and suffering I cause every time I drink.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think getting into recovery is a lot easier than dying Jim.
I'm not trying to be flippant.

Recovery is hard, especially in the beginning - but I think it would actually be less hard than your drinking life right now?

D
Old 07-26-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, it's the same old cycle of disappointment. Why can't I get a handle on this thing, it's like banging my head against a brick wall. The happiest time of my adult life was the two months I managed not to drink in 2012 but I'm still doing it....Jeez really.....
Old 07-26-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I'm going to give AA another go tomorrow. Not been for 13 years..
Old 07-26-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think widening your support base is a great Idea Jim

D
Old 07-26-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Thank you all !
It passed. I'm eating something good. Been a little depressed and I took a drink (1) on Friday. God it's like a flood of craving if I do that. It was stupid.
Not giving in tonight. Gonna read up and post more later. Thank you thank you !!!!