Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 4

Old 07-28-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Meds and lifestyle changes I should say.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Toadie, been meaning to say I love your JB quotes. I'm going to see him in a couple of weeks.

morning of Day 2, back to waking up with headache and panic. It's amazing how the body and brain will soo quickly assume you will feed them alcohol again, and punish you with the withdrawal. Mad as the headaches, morning panic were gone and here I go again. It isn't worth the short time of feeling the buzz to pay with the physical and mental effects for days, weeks after and I KNOW that :

welcome back Sandy and Cb.
JL hope you get some sleep, and do a reset on July with us?
Old 07-28-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Start of sober day 25. I'll be traveling most of the day which I enjoy much more than sitting in the office.

I keep going back to the sections of the Allen Carr book on the brainwashing we've gotten all our lives on alcohol. Kittycat I visualize two elegant people sitting in a beautiful restaurant dining on the best cuisine. Waiters in suits and tails, you in your finest evening gowns. Your friend orders a drink of rat poison and notes it was a very good year, that its your favorite, and is served in the most beautiful crystal glass. Why, it was selected as 2007's best vintage! How could you NOT drink this....oh...other than the fact that its technically poison and a class 1 carcinogen.....But we forget all that because just everyone believes it A-OK to drink the stuff. How gauche of you to drink water!
Old 07-28-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Checking in day 24. Had some dreams of drinking. Pretty common. Day 2 of no smoking. Chantix makes me feel sick so I have no urge to smoke.
Dealing with highs and lows. The thought of drinking comes and i just read on SR. Thank you to you all for posting. Have a great Tuesday.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
Toadie, been meaning to say I love your JB quotes. I'm going to see him in a couple of weeks.
Jackson Browne has been one of my all time favorites since around 1971, songs I relate to...I too have seen him in concert maybe 6 or 8 times.

My first time was at Seton Hall University in a concert with Linda Rondstadt as his opener, think the cost was like $6.00...never will forget it, was spectacular!

Stay on the sober path, Sadie!
Old 07-28-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Good morning folks. Waking up without a hangover is already looking pretty good.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Day 15 :-) Love it BobbFree I agree totally ... you become intexicated because its TOXIC lol and just like arsenic a little wont kill you today but over time in larger and larger doses ....

Have a great day everyone and remember its poison in a sexy outfit!
Old 07-28-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Feels so good to be guiltlessly cracking open a can of soda water in the morning before work, instead of that dreadful trapped feeling of cracking a beer at this hour.

Day 9 begins, ready for it!
Old 07-28-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Day 16. Lots of stress at work. That is a weakness of mine that leads to bad decisions. Prayers and good thoughts appreciated.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Hi, I wanted to join this group before the month ends. My goals are to stop binge drinking and to stop drinking alone (because I binge drink alone).

The last time I binged was June 27, so this is the longest I've ever gone actually. Yesterday I drank my last single beer in the house.

There are previous posts I made about why so I won't go into it all now.

I feel scared and full of self-doubt to be honest, but at the same time I'm trying to hang on to positives. This is the first time in about 2 yrs I've finally come to the point where I don't want to drink more than I do want to drink, though it is probably about 55/45.

I feel like I've made an okay start after months of trying and just not being able to get a grip...it's like trying to climb up and just continually slipping down into booze. I'm on a bit more solid ground with it than I have been in a long time and I really want to use that and move forward.

It's tough, I'm on vacation and every day I want to drink. Just telling myself it's a feeling that's all, and it will pass eventually.

Thanks for reading.

PS not sure whether to count this as Day 1....I guess so since I had a single beer yesterday. But 4 weeks since I binge drank.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Hi Milly (if we can call you that!) and welcome! Glad to have you aboard the July ship as it sets sail for August!
Old 07-28-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

welcome to SR Milly and the class of July.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hi fellow Julysters

Super angry / frustrated today. I have to admit I cannot wait to get back home to England tomorrow. Stuck in this 1 bedroom cottage with my dad for the past 5 days has me going stir crazy, especially when it rains all day so you can't leave, and there is no tv, mobile signal or anything. I sound like a spoilt brat! The part of my brain that wants booze is just spitting it's dummy out I guess as I'd usually be straight to the bottle when feeling like this.

It can quite honestly sod off though to be honest. I will ride it out and I will feel better soon. I am alive, I am safe, have a full tummy. We went to a pub for dinner which didn't particularly help (there was nowhere else to go), he didn't drink either to try and support me, but it was probably too soon, hence Mr angry now

I have faith that each time I have a victory over the AV, it will get easier in the long run.

Probably about time I tried and did some mindfulness!
Old 07-28-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Not sure i can do this. I am so fed up. Got drunk last night got in another huge fight with my husband. Told him i wanted to seperate and all these things i don't really mean. I can not even believe i am typing this but here's to day 1 once again. When will this stop!?
Old 07-28-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Hey everybody, i haven't had a drink since 2nd of July and overall doing well. It's been an extremely stressful month, too. But I feel so much more able to cope being sober, and having more energy because of it.

Glad to be here with you all! Let's all keep being quitters
Old 07-28-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Welcome, Milly!
Checking in... half-way through day 25.

Last edited by Dee74; 07-28-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Day 25: Getting close to a month sober and that voice is coming back into my head. "None of this matters." "Your job is a joke." "Remember how great it felt to drink?" This is the hardest part of sobriety for me and my biggest relapse trigger. I'm trying to stay motivated, push past it, and recognize that these thoughts are temporary.

Stay tough, everyone. Whenever I post here, it reminds of that first sober day when I signed up. I never want to feel that kind of hurt again, and that's the only place I'm going if I take that first drink.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Today is day 3 and I will not drink today. I hope everyone is doing well and will also stay sober today.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Checking in at day two! Glad to be on this journey with y'all.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Love seeing all these positive check ins, especially with the recent members of our July 2015 class! Way to go everyone! You are the one in control, nobody else.