View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
ckoures

Odd day for me. I'm almost eight weeks into to a divorce. I'm sure he did the best he could, but there's an anger and a hole in him I nearly killed myself trying to heal. I left in a mad rush of drunk insults (mine) and violent outbursts (his). Not much for either to be proud of. I'm only two days in to being sober. 100 percent , no cheating sober. And I miss him with a fierceness that's overwhelming. I met an old old friend today who I used to think was a little too out there hippie dippie but for the first time I heard what she said. You can't heal the broken unless they want to heal. People who respect themselves do not project negative things on those they love. It was a healing talk. I still miss him. Painfully. But there's no choice. To go back is to crawl back in a bottle and try to save someone from themselves who has no interest and cannot be who I mistakenly want them to be. So. I pledge to go to bed sober and get up sober. At least I can try to heal this broken thing called me. Thanks for your support