Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 4

Old 07-24-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I'm also a member of dec group, but its a bit slow there at the moment and I'm starting fresh again, working on 30 days,
I'd like to join this group, will read through and get to know you all here.
I'm a bad wine binge drinker.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class Jsbodhi!
I'm (was) a bad every-night wine drinker.
Glad to have you here.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by SilentCinemaFan View Post
I do think I'm going to take a break from Facebook for a while. I think there's a way to briefly remove your account and then reactivate it at some point. I can use instagram to satisfy my social media needs.
You know what's been great to meet my social media needs? Soberrecovery.com.

Completely quitting Facebook in my first week back here this time has been in the top five best decisions I've made in the last 78 days.

You're all doing great, Julyers! Keep on keeping on and remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

I woke up and had a breakfast burrito and drank some coffee. It's been 1 day and I'm hoping that I get back up to day 30 again. I have stopped thinking about the mistakes and now just want to focus in the present-day and future. I have no idea if my cousin and my aunt will ever forgive me but they are very distant and estranged and I only saw them once a year so if they don't forgive me, my life doesn't really miss a beat really. Would I like to begin a new and better relationship with them? Absolutely! Life is too short for relatives not speaking to one another. So far no replies from my apology emails I sent to them yesterday. Perhaps they won't ever reply, maybe they will later in the future. I have always had pent-up frustrations with them and now I just have to move on from my mistakes. I'm getting off Facebook for a long time. I am already trying to look on the bright side of things and I hope to have a better day today.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Jsbdoshi- welcome! I started with wine then tried saving calories with vodka. Yuck! You can do this!
Old 07-24-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SilentCinemaFan View Post
I woke up and had a breakfast burrito and drank some coffee. It's been 1 day and I'm hoping that I get back up to day 30 again. I have stopped thinking about the mistakes and now just want to focus in the present-day and future. I have no idea if my cousin and my aunt will ever forgive me but they are very distant and estranged and I only saw them once a year so if they don't forgive me, my life doesn't really miss a beat really. Would I like to begin a new and better relationship with them? Absolutely! Life is too short for relatives not speaking to one another. So far no replies from my apology emails I sent to them yesterday. Perhaps they won't ever reply, maybe they will later in the future. I have always had pent-up frustrations with them and now I just have to move on from my mistakes. I'm getting off Facebook for a long time. I am already trying to look on the bright side of things and I hope to have a better day today.
Unfortunately the words will never go away. They'll always be there, but give it time. Wounds heal. I just hope for your sake that they don't start spreading rumors and such. Show through action that you are better than whatever you wrote. Be strong. I've seen countless day ones. Starting day 9 today which I know from my previous day ones seems like a lifetime. You can do this!
Old 07-24-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Jsbdoshi- welcome! I started with wine then tried saving calories with vodka. Yuck! You can do this!
Haha! I was trying that too, but I got really puffy and my stomach hurt with the vodka, so back to wine I went, instead of just quitting drinking....
Old 07-24-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hi- I've never joined a Class of group before, but I am working hard to regain my mental and spiritual strength and try to become what I was always intending to be.... which sure as hell is not what I have allowed myself to become. How does this work? Do you check here all the time?

I'm on Day One - after many day ones... and a few months...
Old 07-24-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Unfortunately the words will never go away. They'll always be there, but give it time. Wounds heal. I just hope for your sake that they don't start spreading rumors and such. Show through action that you are better than whatever you wrote. Be strong. I've seen countless day ones. Starting day 9 today which I know from my previous day ones seems like a lifetime. You can do this!
Fortunately this is the only time they've experienced this drunk side of me so here's hoping they thought of it as a fluke, a very bad fluke, but something that doesn't happen over and over again in a pattern. I'm not running for president of the USA so the "spreading rumors" would be irrelevant to me. We don't have a large family, just my mom's sisters and their kids. It doesn't really venture out anymore than that and nobody in that family is very close. I think a lot of us only see each other once a year, if we are lucky more than once a year but everybody is very distant from one another. No Christmas or Birthday cards, nothing.

My mom is dead, my grandmother is dead. Those were the only two people on that side that I would truly feel heartbroken if they found out about me.

I hope someday my relationship with them can be repaired and made better. I'm only 30 so there's always a possibility. I'm not going to hold my breath though. I have my father's family and they have always been kind and supportive towards me. I share more common interests with my father's family. My mother's family it pains me to say are unfortunately racist and politically conservative(the total opposite of me). I unfortunately was very mean about it and I regret the way it came out. There was an ounce of truth to what was being said but I was very mean and I shouldn't have said those things to them.

I will learn from these mistakes and try to move forward.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a nice sober friday evening keep up the good work friends
Old 07-24-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Welcome ckoures! Glad you're here.

I was in another class but didn't really participate. Not good. It seems to me that this is a safe and encouraging place to meet and 'talk' to people about whatever is on your mind. I plan to post everyday (and days like today, multiple times) to interact and stay on course.

SCF, as others have said, time is on your side. It seems that you have already learned from your mistakes.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Howdy July! I'm right behind Soberwolf wishing ya'll a happy sober Friday!

If you haven't checked out SR's chat meetings on Friday nights, they are awesome. Huge help for me early on. I plan on attending tonight for a booster. Hope to see ya'll there!

image-712573700.jpg
Old 07-24-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Back from round 6 of my IOP therapy, ready to start the weekend!

Stay on course everyone...
Old 07-24-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Here's my thought process today:
It's a rare rainy day today, it's cozy, reminds me of snow days (which I don't get where I live now either) , snow days are great drinking days, wouldn't it be great to pretend it was a snow day and just stay home and drink and clean (yeah, right) and cook ( would end up a mess), and hang out (aka pass out early) ?

The best part would be waking up to full sun, heat, and humidity back in full force, feeling AWFUL, looking terrible, hating myself, and avoiding you fine people because I messed up (again).

NOT doing it !!!!
Old 07-24-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
It's a rare rainy day today, it's cozy, reminds me of snow days (which I don't get where I live now either) , snow days are great drinking days, wouldn't it be great to pretend it was a snow day and just stay home and drink and clean (yeah, right) and cook ( would end up a mess), and hang out (aka pass out early) ?
!
Wow, FABL, I could have written this. I can't tell you how many days/nights I've had the same thought process, but you're right - it never turns out like the AV presents it. Just keep thinking about waking up tomorrow morning
Old 07-24-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post

The best part would be waking up to full sun, heat, and humidity back in full force, feeling AWFUL, looking terrible, hating myself, and avoiding you fine people because I messed up (again).

NOT doing it !!!!
Boy do I know this thought process. I have done the same thing in thinking about working in my garden...awww.....BUT, armed with my shiny new thinking I can remember just a little bit before I started drinking and remember that I really enjoyed working in the garden BEFORE I began to drink and actually, the drinking kinda messed it up and made something good, not so good. Working in the garden was the only good thing about it. Not drinking and working in the garden.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Yep I can relate too! It seemed easier (or more fun or something) to get 'er done with a buzz and a good buzz at that. My girlfriend always called me the get 'er done girl. When I was at home tho with no place I had to be I'd clean house, laundry, mow, BBQ etc but all while drinking all day. Usually didn't eat or kinda burned it or ate after I woke up! I'm looking at two to three scars on my right hand (on the thumb nearest my hand). These are from tearing off the Cling Wrap! Dam stuff would slip and I'd hurt myself! Saran Wrap is much better! Just praying I don't venture back into those dark days.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

I love suspense novels (Coben, Patterson, Cromwell, Baldaccie, Scottoline,etc). Haven't read one in six months. Caught up at work, taking a break. Reading a new author starting last night. Starting really good "Still Witness" by
J Hoffman. It is so nice to be reading sober and not having to reread what I already read! Most of my spare time (that I don't have until winter ) has been reading SR and recovery books. Lots of good ones out there.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Well I just done speaking with one of my other aunts about this whole situation. She was very understanding and told me that people make mistakes all the time and that she knows I'm a good person. She said that doesn't know the timeline at which my other aunt and cousin will forgive me but that she told me I did the right thing by apologizing early and explaining myself. She made me feel a lot better and I'm glad she stopped by to visit. She made me feel like a normal human being again instead of a horrible person.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Great to hear SCF. Sounds like you have at least one open minded aunt on that side of the family, who understands. :-)