Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 19

Old 08-27-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Determind your holiday sounds fantastic! All that fresh air, beautiful surroundings, sounds lovely!

Scooter, dream are tough ones, hope you're ok, eat plenty today, feed your Belly xx your day off is the day after hours, I will be thinking of you when I'm back at work that day!

I'm getting lots of flash backs to this time last year, but I'm ducking and diving, and I'm ok. I'm comforting myself with a bar of chocolate!

Ultra, glad all your training is going well xx

No news here, thinking of you all xx

Grateful and choobie, you guys ok? Xx
Old 08-27-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

I'm good! Done with back-to-school doc appts, shopping, meeting teachers, etc., and awaiting the first day of school.

I have no news, as I do very little besides homework, sleep and work. I've been trying out a new schedule and doing homework before I check my email or here, and while it's boosting my productivity, is making me a little sad.

Happy to be past a year, and feeling a great peace with not drinking. One of my co-workers is taking a long break from alcohol after watching me lose weight and gain energy, and I noticed that my husband has been cutting way down as well.

Thanks for asking, Pink!

Well done on a month, Rah! Good work!
Old 08-27-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Day33. Doing well!! Feeling a lot better emotionally. I think my new medication is helping. I've actually noticed myself smiling and laughing more lately. Glad to see you are doing well!
Old 08-27-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Hey all

Woo-hoo it's Friday and time for a long weekend :-)

Rah - that's great. The smiles increase in sobriety so keep going!

Determined - that sounds like a great weekend. I need to have a think about what to do for our extra day off.

Scooter - I know that Friday vs Saturday feeling. At least now there is no hangover either day for us.

Choobie - nice to see you! Glad you are doing well.

Pink - I had a load of flashback around one year too around rock bottom incidents. I say embrace them and don't fear them. They will help you reinforce just why life is so much better now. Hope you are looking forward to the big smoke this weekend. I looked at things to do but all that comes up on Google is Notting Hill Carnival. I say just wander around, always something random to stumble across
Old 08-27-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Well, happy 1 year to me!

Quite emotional actually! Other half bought me a first birthday card which was lovely. I can't believe it has been a whole year, that's a substantial amount of time!!

No longer can I reflect on 'this time last year ' and have it contain alcohol. That's a really good feeling!

I know I'm lagging at the back of the class in time wise, but thank you to each and every one of you for supporting, helping, pulling me through. There have been good days, bad days, brilliant days and bloody awful days. You are the guys I have turned too. You are the guys that have been there. Thank you so much for being my rocks. Xxx

1 year! I did it!

Thank you, thank you, thank.you xxxxx
Love to all xxxxx
I am having shloer and cake for breakfast!!!
Old 08-27-2015, 11:03 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Ah London, we posted at the same time!! Thank you xxx

We ate getting the train at 8, thanks for checking stuff out. We will start at the London transport. Museum. (geeky I know!!) then lunch, probably potter covent Garden, and take it from there!thank you for your endless support, you are amazing. Xxx
Old 08-28-2015, 12:18 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

There she is!!! Congrats pink on one amazing year :-)
Old 08-28-2015, 03:08 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Friday baby!

Pink, well hell yes girl!!! High freakin five dude you did it!! You have been just fantastic all year and were always there to help the team and you personally saved me so many times on this journey. You have such a spirit and charm about you, without poison in your blood stream and a good year to figure things out, lookout world! There is nothing you can't do. You are a natural leader and will undoubtedly help others find the light. Proud of you there macaroon momma!!

Thanks for the vacation wishes guys! Gonna have some fun for sure.

1step, stop in brotha and say hi when you can.

"Adventure is not outside, it is within." David Grayson.

Ok' I have officially picked a year two goal. I will find and reclaim my mojo.

Year two goals guys?
Old 08-28-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Pink, and to you too Rah

D
Old 08-28-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Good morning,

PINK ! ! YOU DID IT!!!! And, you helped the rest of us along the way. I know exactly how you feel about the milestone - it is quite overwhelming. You certainly are not lagging behind! You stopped drinking the same month, and as time goes on, and we are counting years, not days or weeks or months, a few days mean nothing.

Choobie, your post made me think - I am indeed happy to be past one year. We have been sober for every holiday and annual event, and now it seems like old hat.

But, we cannot get too confident.

Yesterday I stayed home while a tech was cleaning my furnace for the dreaded winter ahead. I started reading New Posts, something I have not done for months. I got hooked on one, then another from SnoozyQ. This woman was diagnosed with stage 3 liver disease, and her liver was so fatty the doctors would not chance a biopsy. She immediately stopped drinking and her numbers got better. Then, twelve days before her TWO YEAR date, she went out with her sisters and decided to have a beer. That was it - it started her drinking again; that was a few months ago, and now she is going into rehab. It was quite an eye-opener for me, especially after having had a dream about drinking beer the night before. It is a sad story, but a great reminder for us.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 1 Year Pink! Well Done!
Old 08-28-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Pink has 1 year! Way to go! Woooooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Thanks so much guys, have been on a total high all day! Went and got, y nails done in my lunch break as a little treat and booked , myself In for my tattoo, soonest they can do is Oct 1st, so I've booked it! Finally getting my phoenix as my 1 year strength/courage/resilience/determination symbol hurrah! I have totally risen from the ashes!

Tonight we have shloer, we have cake, and we have movies! Tomorrow we are in London for the day. I'm so freaking happy right now!

Thank you guys, I love you !

Hope everyone is happy and well

Ooooh I might make more macaroons! Totally need them in my life right this instance! Flavour ideas for me? Xxxx
Old 08-28-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Congrats Pink!! Awesome job!! You inspire me!!
Old 08-28-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

34 days today!! Feeling a bit tempted today😌😌
Old 08-29-2015, 12:26 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Good morning from London Town!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am on my way to morning AA and then no plans this weekend at all, let's see where the mood takes me!

Keep going rah. The AV is often sent to tempt us when we are starting to feel a little better and up straight. Think back to the difference between then and now - you can do it!

Catch everyone later :-)
Old 08-29-2015, 01:30 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Keep going Rah, you are doing so well xx

On my Way to London baby! St on the Train next to a hen Party who are passing round shots. They passed me one and started Chanting ' down in one'. I laughed and passed it to the bride to be, and said 'this one's on me, show them how it's done' . Phew. Sipping my Americano enjoying their fun without feeling the av is amazing! Feeling powerful today!

What Re you all up to Today?
Love xcx
Old 08-29-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Saturday with a calm rested and clear head. Windows open, slight chill in the air and some time off in front of me. Life is good.

Scooter, I really like what you wrote. What a great reminder. I think, moreover, worry about something like that happening. I try very hard not to be complacent and assume, arrogantly, that I have beaten this thing. Wrong situation mixed with improper thinking could equate to disaster. Eye on the prize every minute of every day. Never forget why we chose this. Key word is chose.

So pink, well done on the train! High five my friend! Can you even imagine doing shots and how that just takes you quickly into the black hole? Yucky doodle..

Rah, get out that plan now. If you need to, go back and read your posts from a month ago. Check in often. Drinking is not what you truly want. The av is clouding your mind. Dig deep and tackle the underlying issue driving those drinking thoughts. It is a trick and you will end up regretting and starting over. The av makes you feel like you are going to find a fabulous adventure awaiting with treasures in store. In reality you wake up hungover with a pocket full of rocks and fools gold.

So, off to the mountains. Will be paddle boarding on a lake this afternoon with my son. Gonna teach him to fish from it too. Got my crazy new gas powered skateboard ready for some insane 30 mile per hour rides through the woods. Hiking and exploring some long trails to waterfalls and wildlife. Already found a gym not far away too, so I am totally stoked. I am planning to do some epic journeys late at night by myself on the lakes. Will be super cool to do some yoga on the board in the water with the moonlit silence.

Don't forget to duck dive through the bad thoughts or events, when you come up for air the wave is behind you and calm seas and sunshine are all you see.

"Don't seek to merely get rid of the negative things in your life. Instead transform their energy into something of real positive value." Ralph marston.

Love is the answer my friends.

Off to find my mojo...
Old 08-29-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Rah, you can do this. I agree with what everyone else says - you do NOT want to start again. My advice is to eat, eat, eat. That helped me tremendously along with babying myself with massages, facials, etc. and exercising.

Pink, enjoy your day! It sounds great.

London, how is the smoking coming along? You haven't mentioned it lately.

Determined, I am going to keep SnoozyQ's posts as a reminder of what can happen when you decide you can moderate.

Choobie, what courses are you taking?

Ultra, how is your running schedule?

1Step and Grateful, how are you doing?

I have been thinking about Determined's plan for Year Two. I have decided I am going to volunteer at something new in addition to my Monday mornings at the library. I am going to increase my weight-lifting exercises and also going to concentrate on eating healthier - being sure to get five fruits and veggies a day - - starting after Labor Day. At this point I am enjoying every day of summer, and sometimes my veggies consist of potato chips or potato salad at a cookout. I have not been careful at parties this summer because my main concern has been staying away from alcohol. I have managed to stay the same weight by upping my exercise.

It would be great to hear from our old friends to hear how everyone is doing.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Checking in! Day 35! Started the day off with a horseback ride, nap time now. Thanks for all the encouragement! I am still hanging in!!