Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 19

Old 08-17-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Well done pink, proud of you girl!

Get back on the horse hobbers, you can do this.

Today completes day 365 on my tracker application. One year.

I am a totally different person.

I would not have made it without you guys. That is the truth.

Thank you so much. So very very much.

Love.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations determined

D
Old 08-17-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!
Old 08-17-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

:fireworks

Well done Dry, Scooter, Determined!

Woooooohooooooooo! Yah! Alright!
Old 08-17-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Morning all

Yey Determined! Fantastic, so happy you have one year. Your journey is always great to follow and you have helped me a lot thinking about work vs drinking challenges. Woo hoo! Hope you have a celebration planned.

I am away off to work super early. Had a good day off yesterday where I managed to get a lot of house jobs and admin done. Wow, random days off used to be hangover or drinking days. Really looking forward to a proper vacation later in September and this time I am going to Croatia and the old Yugoslavia States. Excited

Hobbers, I know you can do this! A day at a time is sound advice. Glad you are straight back here. Please keep going and lean on us!

Rah - how are you doing? Are you around?

Scooter - I love you you wrote you are having the best summer. Made me smile. Me too! We have been missing so much in previous years

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 08-18-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday! Thanks Choobie and London!

Boy when I think back to how I felt exactly one year ago today! Glad to be on this journey that is for sure guys.

Going to think about the past year, and get my plan in place for year two. Will post some reflection when I have more time.

"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval." Mark twain.

Gratitude.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:21 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Congratulations Determined!
Old 08-18-2015, 03:40 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Congratulations, Determined!! Your posts have been a great help to me - and, I always look forward to the quotes.

Hobbers, it really helped me to baby myself at this time last year - massages, mani-pedis, facials, ice cream, chocolate....I may have been too relaxed and too full to drink. Exercise really helped, too.

On Sunday - my One Year Day - that no one but Team August knew I was celebrating, a neighbor dropped by with an unexpected gift!! And, it was a perfect one. (background - most years I have my neighbors over for a holiday get-together. I always have a theme to my tree, I must have over 1000 ornaments, and I pick and choose each year. They ooh and aah and ask what I am doing for the next year - last year I announced that in 2015 my tree will be all Santas, and all glass ones if I have enough, at the request of a 5-year-old great niece.) This neighbor just got back from a trip where she went into a Christmas-themed gift shop - and, on the 75% off rack, she found a glass Santa waving a banner with 2014 on it!!! She said she thought of me immediately, and thought I could figure out how to remove the banner. There is no way I will remove that banner. That ornament will be front and center on my tree. I am trying to think of a place to hang it so it is up year round!

I still can't believe she found this ornament, thought of me, hesitated because it was dated, bought it and brought it over on that day! Weird, huh?

Have a great day, everyone.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Determined, Ive been waiting for this post all year!! Congratulations my friend, I am so proud of you!!! Look at what you've achieved, and how different your life us now, it. Is fantastic! so chuffed for you!!
Thank.you for your helpful posts, uplifting quotes and ongoing support xx

Scooter, the ornament sounds perfect! Such a lovely thought too. You've got me thinking about where to put my tree in.my new house!

London hope work goes well for you!! I always struggle to get back into it after an extra day off!

Rah, how's it going? 1 step?
Choobie, grateful, how are you guys? Xx

I'm busy at work, so must dash, but much love and bug hugs to all xx
Old 08-18-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Still here, and still with you all. Another day, down.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hi all, glad you're back on board Hobbers, one day at a time it WILL get better.

Congratulations determined and scooter! You have both helped me immensely through support, encouragement and advise this past year and you continue to inspire me- thank you.

Well done Pink on getting through that tricky situation. You handled it perfectly just like you handle life in sobriety. They say in the promises at the end of AA meetings 'we will intuitively know how to handle situations that used to baffle us'-I'll think of you the next time I hear this.

Well its day 58 here, so past 8weeks now, I did 2 AA meetings yesterday and am balancing the small numbered meetings locally with the bigger city meetings well.

Im doing ok, nothing major to report but I guess that's a good thing! On look out for new sponsor now and it feels a bit like the dating game, fear of rejection, wondering what to say, hoping I make the right decision etc etc!!!!! Not going to panic though, whatever will be will be!!!!

Love and best wishes to everyone.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Thanks so much guys!!!
Old 08-18-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

1Step Thank you, I'm touched xx
Old 08-18-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Congrats scooter!! Great work one step! And keep on going hobbers, it gets better. Pink, glad you had such a great chat with your friend, do you find all your friendships somehow changing? I know I do. Sometimes makes me a little sad, but I tell myself to keep moving forward...
Old 08-18-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Administrator

58 is great 1step

D
Old 08-18-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Awesome 2014 Santa Scooter story. Special!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Checking in! Day 24! Still going strong. Went to the doctor today. He put me back on/increased my antidepressant. My husband was not pleased bc of side effects that may affect my activities with him. Made me feel bad, like he wasn't really concerned about my well being. A lot of stress exists between me and my hubby. I've been trying to verbalize things more so I don't keep things bottled up. I am struggling with that feeling of wanting to escape, which I would do with alcohol. Sometimes it's hard to stay present and feel so much. I see there were some celebrations! Congrats!!
Old 08-18-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Nice one 1step, sounds like your recovery is going well. Really happy for you, keep going :-)

Hey Rah, I am sure that the meds are going to make a difference. Sometimes the brain needs some help to balance vs anxiety and feeling low. Keep going, you are doing great. I am sure your husband sees the difference in a good way.

I am up and about early ready to run this morning. I am increasing mileage again ready for the half marathon. Eeeek, I can't believe the stuff I do nowadays...in a good way

Determined - hope you had a great one year day.

Hello to all and hope everyone has a great hump day!!
Old 08-19-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hump day peeps!

Thanks London! No particular celebration, but a lot of reflection.

Rah, you are on the path now, just keep walking forward.

Funny, av has been stopping by. Keeping alert and ready with a big Kung foo chop!

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman

Giddy up!
Old 08-19-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Determind, some of my relationship have completely changed, some I find sad, some not.

I find I'm not invited to a lot of things now, which irritates me, I'm sober, not dead.

Some of my friendships were more alcohol based than I realised, and now instead of seeing the girls fortnightly, it's once every few months for lunch that makes me sad. They still go clubbing without telling me, I've seen the photos on Facebook, which hurts, but they don't mean to hurt me, that's why they don't tell me.

One of my friends ex husband is an alcoholic, so that was awkward coming out to her. She was judgemental for a week. Didn't speak to me for a week. Now we are back to normal and she is very supportive. Her ex is still an alcoholic and it affects her and their child every day.

One friend I see regularly still doesn't get it , I've told her many times, and she laughs and tells , me not to be silly, as I've mentioned before, mi now tell her it's part of my new Buddhist beliefs and she will accept that as she is very religious. Still tiring talking about it with her at times.

My relationship with my better half is amazing, and I am so lucky to have this man in my life, he is my rock, and our relationship is stronger than ever.

My relationship with my mum has blossomed to, I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful mum, she is my world.

I miss my friends to be honest, but not enough to start drinking again. I've joined slimming world recently, I've still got some weight to lose and like the diet, but also, I wanted to make friends with new people that wasn't drink based and thought this was a good place to find alternative support and friends. So far so good, I've lost 1st 4 lbs.

I also feel a lot more comfortable with my own company, which I never was before.

Anyway. Good day had here, but I have been sneezing all day and feeling woolly headed. I put it down to half ever until I started getting hot and cold sweats. I'm now full of lemsip and in my pj's, need to get rid of this cold before it really starts!

Hope you are all well, much love xxx