Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 19

Old 08-24-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Just another marvelous Monday!

Hope everyone is doing fab today and ready to appreciate another week. Howdy Choobie! I like your statement wherein you are swimming against the tide kind of feeling but probably making progress that you won't notice for a bit. I think we do that physically and mentally sometimes.

Hitting the gym and then on to work. High five guys! Today's quote is a good one,

"Start living now. Stop saving the good China for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes. Every day you are alive is a special occasion. Every minute, every breath, is a gift from God." Mary moriisse.

Go get it.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hey guys, happy Monday. It's raining here and i hung my washing out before i went to work. I just bought it in, it's wetter than when i hung it out! This will not faze me though! A year ago? Yep, perfect excuse to hit the bottle. Not now! Love these little victories!

No news here, just working through the week.

Love to all xxxx
Old 08-25-2015, 12:31 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hey all

Hope everyone is good

I was feeling under the weather yesterday so I just worked and then slept so I didn't check in. Feeling much better today though. I think I needed a long sleep and a good high carb meal !

On my work to work today. No news, but that's great. Loved the recent posts and keeping up to date with all the check ins
Old 08-25-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Good morning Tuesday! Wake stretch and roll, let's make the most of it!

Pink, that's too funny! Isn't it great to have a zen calm now? That kind of thing, coupled with a little hungover, could have been a disaster! Now, just funny and perhaps a laugh and a few macaroons! It's all good man.

Glad you are feeling better London! Carbs fix everything! I live on 80 percent carbs daily or thereabouts and love it. Mostly fruit and vegetable carbs. Keep it carb baby!

Gotta jump, a few of the mean people tried to sting me at work with their email drama. Duck dive, big picture thoughts and let it roll on over. Life is too short.

"Granted that I must die, how shall I live?" Michael Novak

Go for it.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Have a great day Team!
Old 08-25-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Celebrating 1 month today!! Feeling good about not drinking!!
Old 08-25-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Congratulations rahh!!!!! Xxx
Old 08-25-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

London hope you're feeling much better today, thinking if you!!

Determined keep ducking and diving man!
Weather is crazy here, cold, wet, windy. Going to get home, pj up, cook soul food and watch a movie, brrrrrr!!!

Ooooh, news, booked a holiday! Going away for Christmas to a little island called Lundy, and staying in an.old admiral lookout. Called tibbetts with no electricity!!! Google 'tibbetts' it's by the landmark trust. Christmas will be celebrated by everyone stuck on the island together at the one tavern. Proper get away from.it all stylee!!!

Adventurous, or foolish?? It's certainly different to Thailand last Year!!!! Xxx
Old 08-25-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Congratulations rah! Getting through those tough first few weeks is a huge achievement so well done you!

Sounds like a great x-mas you've got planned there Pink! I'd opt for adventurous rather than foolish!

Hope your feeling better london.

Glad your not letting those idiots in work get to you determined.

Day 65 here coming to an end, had an evening off from AA tonight, did 5meetings in 3 days before today!

Night all,

P.S; is it me or are the numbers dwindling here lately?
Old 08-25-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Thanks 1 step and pink! All is well, I did not let them phase me no matter how hard they tried!

1step and rah, you guys are kicking ass!! Awesome!!

1step, way to hit the meetings too dude, you are totally on the path you deserve. Do not compromise it for anyone or anything.

Rah, you are getting through the weekends like a champ. Those are tough as hell sometimes. A plan is key, and duck dive those cravings.

I agree with you one step, tumbleweeds are blowing by in this thread. Let's get some check ins and some shouts up in here!! The av hates a fun rowdy class!!

Somebody cue up some james brown! Aaaaahhhhhh! I feel good! Like you know I would now! I feeeeeeel good!! Like you know I would. So good. So good! I got you!! Owwww!!

Ok, determined, time for bedfordshire.

Owww!!!

One more and you get a time out young man!

Sweèt dreams kids.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:56 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Oh determined you make me chuckle! Glad you're doing ok!
1Step, you are striding forward now, so proud of you!
Up and out today for another wet and windy day on the road.
Stay safe, smile lots, and eat cake xxx
Old 08-26-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Morning all

I am feeling much much better now. Low on sleep I think, I got a great nights worth last night. Looking forward to our bank holiday weekend coming to get some more!

1step you are doing great. Well done on the race day. Not easy but so much more fun sober.

Pink the trip sounds amazing! I have seen that island on a map but didn't know there was anything there. Xmas there will be fantastic !!

Rah - that's brilliant on 1 month, Keep going!

I am travelling today so an early start :-)
Old 08-26-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Hump day! Good morning guys!

Pink, I forgot to say your Christmas sounds freakin magical!! Wow!! You inspire me with the holidays girl!

London, glad you are feeling better man, sleep is a wonderful thing. Amazing how we overlooked it for years!

Ready to get a great workout In and have a great day at work.

Have fun and spread it like bananas on lettuce today. Be yourself.

"When patterns are broken, new worlds emerge." Tuli kupferberg

Laugh loud.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Great work RAH and 1Step!

I looked at your Holliday Pink- sounds like a great experience!

Have a great day Team!
Old 08-26-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Ultra, I did not know there was a difference between trail running and marathon-style. I did know you had to have a qualifying time to get a number, but figured you would have no trouble with that!

1Step and Rah, CONGRATULATIONS! You both are doing great!

London, glad you are feeling better.

Pink, your Christmas plans sound fun. I would love to do something like that!

Determined, you did a great job!

Choobie, I blamed all my sinus headaches on hangovers, too! So surprised I still get them!

Grateful, how are you?

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 08-26-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! Something to look forward to.

Half way to the weekend! Hurrah!

No news, pottering of to Bedfordshire for snuggles and sweet dreams . hope you are all well, and sleep tight tonight xxx
Old 08-26-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Good morning all. It feels like Friday today, alas it's not but I will try and keep the Friday feeling I woke up with anyway, ha ha.

All is good with me and nothing to report. Still looking forward to a long weekend! Pink, I haven't forgot you are coming to London. I haven't had a chance to see if there is anything on yet but today is the free Time Out magazine day so I will see if I can pick one up. I am sure there will be some good things on for the holiday weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day :-)
Old 08-26-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Thanks london! Looking forward to the city buzz! Xx

Up and off to work, sun is shining, hope it lasts. It's nearly Friday! Whoop!

What so you all have planned for this bank holiday weekend? Do our friends across the pond get a bank holiday too?

Post and run, see you tonight folks, gotta work xxxx
Old 08-27-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

London, I hear you on feeling like it is Friday!

I have some time off ahead too pink. Heading into the mountains for some fun time! Hiking, paddle boarding, mountain boarding, etc. cannot wait to enjoy the fresh air that is getting cooler. Yoga outside at dawn in the cool air. Now that beats our old life by a country mile.

"A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if they are to be ultimately at peace with themselves. What a person can be, they must be." Abraham Maslow

In it to win it.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Good morning,

London, one of the best feelings when I was working was waking and realizing it was Saturday, not Friday. Of course, one of the worst was thinking it was Saturday and realizing it was only Friday.

Pink, we do not have Bank Holidays. Our next holiday is Labor Day, the first Monday in September. It marks the unofficial end of summer around here.

I had a drinking dream last night - the first one in a long time. I was at a restaurant for lunch with old friends and ordered a Miller Lite beer even though I knew it would be the beginning of the end. When I woke I was unsettled, but also very hungry. Through SR I have realized that hunger was my main trigger for drinking - this is the first time I realized it even happens in my sleep. I had a large late lunch yesterday, and only had a small salad for dinner.

Let's keep on keeping on!