Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 19

Old 08-07-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Fridayyyyyy!!!!

Great to see you Chris and ph7! Loved reading your posts.

Hobbers, most of us reset this thing many times before it sticks. You can do this, first is accepting that alcohol does not have a place at all. Trust me, it is one big lie anyway. It is all illusion, just try and get back on the long term path and the fog will lift, the big rock will move from the front of the cave, and the sunlight will come in.

Rah, get that weekend plan together girlfriend! Play for keeps, alcohol certainly does. Visualize waking up on Monday with your head held high. I still do that and it helps.

Got asked to play a fairly big gig with some larger names on the bill. A big rockabilly ska thing. The request caught me off guard, I truly believe I owe this to being on a positive path. I am starting to believe in manifesting reality. I really am. Now to practice, practice practice!

"Be inspired and inspiring, uplifted and uplifting, loving and lovable. And for god sakes have some fun today!"

Sober is the new hipster cool baby!

Love you guys.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Good morning,

I am going to the Y, then going sailing for the weekend. What a difference it is to sail without a hangover!!!! (or worry if there is enough beer/wine on board!)

So happy to hear from you, Chris and Ph7 and to know you are both doing well.
Congratulations! You said it all when you said how this team helped. I could not agree more; this is the group that kept me sober through good times and bad.

Rah, keep up the good work.

Pink, London, Determined, Choobie, Grateful, everyone else - have a great weekend.

Let's keep on keeping on!!!
Old 08-07-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Determined- It sure does seem that when we stop working against the Universe and our rightful path / place within it, magical things happen. Perhaps it's because we are "present" enough to allow it.

I'm certainly not suggesting all will be perfect. But all will be right. (Or at least "more right" than a year ago.

Think about some of the accomplishments our Team has under their belt this year outside of becoming alcohol free. London's10k and decision to run a half marathon, Pink's new place, Scooter's weight loss and recognition of the contentment an organized space brings her, Choobies consistent positivity, ect.

And, we're only about a year or so into the journey. Wild.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Happy Friday TeamA!

Great to hear from you CaliChris, PH and Hobbers!

Feeling great today! Beach day planned with my daughter. Life is good sober.

I agree with you Determined and Ultra-it does feel like the more I am present, sober and open, interesting opportunities present themselves. I dont have a full year because of my slip back in March however I have been sober so I am in a better place professionally, moved to a nicer apartment and recently have had even better professional opportunities that would help with my children as well. It does feel like things are falling into place. Any negatives are now easily and quickly dealt with now where before they would pile up and add to the drama.

Hugs!

Old 08-07-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

I just had a small/huge 'little victory'. It's Day 2, and I was just going through some stuff, and found a part-empty bottle of Knob Creek.

I stared at it. Got mad at myself for a) having bought it ever in the first place, b) leaving it somewhere so obvious, and c) even remotely debating drinking it.

I sinked it- all.

Still good on Day 2.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Right on ultra and grateful.

Good work there hobbers, it is not your friend dude. Give it the middle finger up, it deserves nothing more.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Ph7 congratulations on 1 year my friend! Awesome stuff!
Hobbers, welcome back, get back in the saddle! Well done on tipping the drink down the sink, that's totally a victory! Well done xx
1Step, how's it going?
Scooter enjoy your sailing! Sounds good fun, I will be sailing too, we have built a little boat over the last few years and we did our maiden voyage last weekend. Just love floating along the river relaxing, love the scenery, the wildlife, the peace!
Hope everyone is well?

Tomorrow I am getting a new hair do! I have not decided, will wait until I get in the chair and see how the mood takes me! Any suggestions?! Xx
Old 08-07-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Pink, sea foam green! I think it is super cool hair color. Still new enough you don't see it much.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Day 13 in the books!! Doing well, still experiencing anxiety but not as bad as last week. Super tired today. Today my AV started talking but I shut her down! Making plans for the weekend. My husband and I are going to take our granddaughter to see some animals tomorrow. Tomorrow night we're planning on a movie. Sunday we are going horseback riding. Trying to follow your advice and plan ahead. Hope you are all well!

Hobbers, congrats on day 2 and facing that challenge!
Old 08-07-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Day 13 in the books!! Doing well, still experiencing anxiety but not as bad as last week. Super tired today. Today my AV started talking but I shut her down! Making plans for the weekend. My husband and I are going to take our granddaughter to see some animals tomorrow. Tomorrow night we're planning on a movie. Sunday we are going horseback riding. Trying to follow your advice and plan ahead. Hope you are all well! Hobbers, congrats on day 2 and facing that challenge!
and succeeding!
Old 08-07-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats calichris PH7 and anyone else I missed - I've been offline for a few days

good to see you back Hobbers - I replied to you in your other thread

D
Old 08-07-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
Ph7 congratulations on 1 year my friend! Awesome stuff!
Hobbers, welcome back, get back in the saddle! Well done on tipping the drink down the sink, that's totally a victory! Well done xx
1Step, how's it going?
Scooter enjoy your sailing! Sounds good fun, I will be sailing too, we have built a little boat over the last few years and we did our maiden voyage last weekend. Just love floating along the river relaxing, love the scenery, the wildlife, the peace!
Hope everyone is well?

Tomorrow I am getting a new hair do! I have not decided, will wait until I get in the chair and see how the mood takes me! Any suggestions?! Xx
Pink and purple throughout! =)
Old 08-08-2015, 12:43 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Good morning all

Ready for another sober weekend everyone?

Wow - Determined playing a gig sounds cool! I liked ultras post, so many things have happened to everyone and changes.

Scooter - how is the lady from book club? Has she said anything funny recently lol.

Pink - I can't wait to see the hair colour. I wonder what Mavis from tesco would suggest he he. I didn't get to Nero yesterday but today is the day!

I am off to my morning AA and then gym and then we have a great weather weekend so I will get outside and enjoy.

Rah - your weekend sounds great! I am sure you will enjoy it.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Saturday with a bit of extra sleep.... My oh my what a wonderful thing!

It looks like a nice day here. London, your last comment reminded me to get out there and cherish the last few weeks of summer.

Kale smoothie and off to the gym.

Had a conversation last night at the summer pool. Guys were drinking beer and one that knows me commented that I have not drank in like a year or so. I said you are right! I noticed others turned around to see what I would say. I said, you know I am so much happier and amazed how I truly feel different in every way. They asked me a few fitness questions and were intrigued with how much sobriety helps your fitness game. Also, I said its remarkable how much calmer I am in the face of work or personal drama. Bottom line is I can't imagine going back, it took a few months to fully feel the difference, but man it was worth it. I never imagined how much it would change me for the better. I finally said its really not about me not drinking, I just honestly don't want to at all. No desire man. I think several of them were really evaluating themselves and wondering what a straight edge life would be like. I saw in their eyes that they wanted it. Very cool.

"When you start using senses you neglected, your reward is to see the world with completely fresh eyes"

And a bonus quote,

"You don't just face your demons down, you got to grab them jack, and pin them to the ground." Joe strummer, the clash.

Go get it!
Old 08-08-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Good morning!! Day 14!! Woke up and my first thought was that I was so grateful to be waking up not hungover!!
Old 08-08-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Rah - You are doing great! Congrats on 14 days! Keep on keepin' on!

Old 08-08-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I have new hair, and enjoyed a relaxing day at the salon, followed by a lovely bbq in our new home, with a couple of bottles of shloer. A good day.

Just rwent back and read my first ever post and it brought tears to my eyes. Determind, you were the first to welcome me to this group, and that first welcome gave me the confidence to come back, knowing I had found acceptance, a new family, my saviours. Thanks my darling, you helped me that day. And that's why i came back the next day.

Thank you all for getting me through the last 11 months and 10 days. Love you guys xx
Old 08-08-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Just came back from dinner w my husband. It was challenging...stressful day; habit; people having drinks w their dinner; I didn't give in! Jumped the hurdle! Day 14
Old 08-08-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Pink, you just made my day! Thank you, you have saved me more times than I can count my friend. Big hug out to you from across the pond!

Good work rah!!
Old 08-08-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Gosh, since I went back to read my first post i am feeling very emotional. Can open, worms everywhere! Didn't expect to feel so emotional, it's caught me off guard! Not a bad thing though, need to channel these emotions, to confront them and validate them, and use them as power to continue forward, to continue the challenge, and to succeed.

Tomorrow, I am sailing with friends, and then we will go for lunch. There will be drinks flowing all over the place, and I'm not driving tomorrow either, so can't use that excuse! Hey, maybe I will say I'm not drinking because I don't bloody well want to, because, you know what team a? That's the truth! I can do this. I will do this.

Feeling the heat this side of the pond, summer makes the av sing it would seem, with its sexy sunglasses, and swanky swagger, luring me in. I will not be lured my friends! I have a fridge stocked full of diet caffeine free coke, so rock and roll!

Anyway, just a quick check in, because I needed to. Needed a save. Thank you team a xx

Rah,, well done, that's a great victory for you today xxx