Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 19

Old 08-31-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

that was an amazing set of thoughts, thanks for that

I can relate to the unicorn part, I am a very analytical person, and caring person who enjoys having a good time, but I hear ya, It is now really important to feel good about the people you spend time with, and being conifident that your time is well spent growing solid relationships. I feel like without alcohol it's easier to see who those people are.

Originally Posted by determined99 View Post
Dry, thank you brotha!

Pink, your post resonated with me. I too feel more comfortable with me and feel at peace with life in general. Yet, I too struggle with the friends having fun without me. But when I really think about it, I was actually best friends with alcohol. It made any circumstance fun and somehow rebellious in an odd oxymoronic way in retrospect, as it is actually conformity.

Alcohol seemed to slow my mind to contemplative speed, but I would often go down deep philosophical paths and find myself feeling alone in a room of people anyhow. I realize I have always been comfortable in front of a crowd, or with one person. Never working a room with multiple conversations about surface level topics. Therefore, alcohol worked initially. Then it turned on me and exacerbated the feeling of being different.

What I realize is that I need only one, at the most two, truly intelligent and deep friends. These, however, are true unicorns. Alcohol was the deep friend, but it betrayed my trust. So now, I search for unicorns and I know they are out there. I don't want a bar full of fake friends. I can't go back to that because I know too much now, both about alcohol and about me.

It does feel like the music stopped sometimes though and that's when I have to push through and find my inner strength. For example, I had a work dinner tonight and walked by many crowded pubs on the way home. I felt a bittersweet lonely feeling. Like I could turn backwards and see my old self on a bar stool, drunk and laughing on cue. I realized a familiar feeling. Like when you break up with someone and then realize it is really over. Not just another fight, but truly over. I thought this sobriety thing isn't just a test to see how long I can quit, it is over. For good. Now what?

I got in my car and felt a true love for life and an appreciation for breaking free. I felt connected to another level of love and hope and energy, realizing how fragile life is and how precious a friend or family member truly is. Not only should we stay sober one day at a time, we should live and enjoy life one day at a time. And keep on the lookout for unicorns...

Thanks for reading my ramble. I love you guys.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

I hope the flashbacks to last year end soon, hang in there and congratulations on one year, you have been through so much, you deserve a tonne of credit!!!

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
I'm dreaming a lot, getting flash backs of this time last year. It's horrid, and I'm hoping it will end soon! Im so tired. Have lit some candles, have enya playing, and have had camomile tea, hoping to relax and have sound sleep tonight.

Next stage of consultation is tomorrow. The papers will be released for the official new posts available, and I have to make 3 preference choices, so I need to feel fresh, and think well!

ready for Saturday already, I'm going to spend the day with my mum doing girly things, and then Sunday will be with my man doing silly things. Love sober weekends, they are twice as long as drunk Ones!

Hope everyone is ok, I'm off for an early night. Love to all xxxx
Old 08-31-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Great job, congratulations Pink!!!
you deserve every ounce of joy this day brings u!!!

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
Well, happy 1 year to me!

Quite emotional actually! Other half bought me a first birthday card which was lovely. I can't believe it has been a whole year, that's a substantial amount of time!!

No longer can I reflect on 'this time last year ' and have it contain alcohol. That's a really good feeling!

I know I'm lagging at the back of the class in time wise, but thank you to each and every one of you for supporting, helping, pulling me through. There have been good days, bad days, brilliant days and bloody awful days. You are the guys I have turned too. You are the guys that have been there. Thank you so much for being my rocks. Xxx

1 year! I did it!

Thank you, thank you, thank.you xxxxx
Love to all xxxxx
I am having shloer and cake for breakfast!!!
Old 08-31-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Is that everybody for the month?
If so, I think we should have a huge shout out to all of us for such a great job!!!

After living this lifestyle for a year, I must say I think I know myself better than I ever have before, and I like the guy that I have met!
I hope you guys are all really liking the new you that you have met in the last 12 mos, I know I have really enjoyed getting to know you guys, and the support we all give to one another is too valuable to even try to attach a word to it.

Thanks to everybody for being a great team!!!
Peace and hugs without drugs
dry
Old 08-31-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Last night I picked raspberries with my daughter (she used that as her 'weekend news' at school.

This evening I just came in from throwing the football with my son and talking about the upcoming NFL season.

I smiled as I said to myself, "Everything is better- alcohol free".

Lets keep up the great work Team!
Old 08-31-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Day 37
Old 09-01-2015, 12:29 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Happy September everyone!

I am stood up on my train journey today so quick morning post and back later :-)
Old 09-01-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Quick check in - I am fine; went sailing and got back late last night. I will catch up later.

Bug Hugs!
Old 09-01-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Howdy gang!

Off and running here!

Beat the av away with a tree branch a few times! Like an annoying mosquito.

"Wake up and live." Bob Marley

Giddy up.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

38 days! Feeling good. My medication is really helping. Hope you are all doing well
Old 09-01-2015, 11:49 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hey all

I can tell its September today - definitely a little fresh on my walk to th station this morning. I have had an amazing sober summer for the first time so I am happy! I also head away on vacation for two weeks this weekend, time to relax.

Great to hear you are doing well Rah!

Hello to all
Old 09-02-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Good morning team!

Good work rah! Great to her you are feeling fantastic and in a healthy place.

Gonna go to a big water park today. Son caught his first fish yesterday!

Off to the gym and then out to play.

Happy to be on this path. Vacation evenings by the lake have been a little tough, but I guess because it is another first.

"I am always doing that which I cannot do in order that I may learn how to do it." Pablo Picasso
Old 09-02-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, went to gym for first time in ages yesterday and my arms feel like lead today! Felt good though and gave me a natural high for the evening. Took my girls to their first day back at school today with ex and all went well.

Im with you on the weather change London- a definite fresher feel in the air...
Old 09-02-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Hey TeamA!

I have been very busy working and dancing and it is all good.

Attitude of gratitude.

"...and when you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance. I hope you dance." -Lee Ann Womack

Old 09-02-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

It's cold! Brrrrrrr September has definitely arrived! Blanket and turkish delight hot chocolate in this house! I need a holiday!
London enjoy your well deserved break!
Determind your vacation sounds awesome!
1Step great job on the gym!
I'm counting down the days until my holiday too, last day at work is the 17th. Before that, we should have the results of our job consultation, it's been a long stressful slog. Wait, wait, wait. Sick of it! Definitely ready for my holiday!

No further news, off to bed now, early morning tomorrow!

Love to all xx
Old 09-02-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Hi team!! Doing well, day 39! Work is crazy and I'm really tired. Going on vacation next week. I'm looking forward to it. Traveling for business when I get back. Making sober plans...Got tickets to a bull riding event (never been) and to tickets to the Panthers 1st home game. Then I have to travel for work again. Things are looking up!!
Old 09-02-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Grate great to hear about the dancing! Keep at it, it's good for the soul!
Rah, sober plans rock, you are doing so well, where are you off to for your holidays?

Good morning people!
Off to work, a little tired today and a little sluggish, still kicks the crap out of a hangover! Weather is pants too, definitely unpacking my jumpers tonight! Winter is on its way! My in laws are visiting this evening so we are booked for a nice meal out to a place that does the most amazing waffles! Can't wait to get past main course already!
Right, time to roll out the door and go save lives!
Have a good day all xxx
Old 09-02-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Morning all

How is everyone?

Pink it is cold ! The mornings have turned. Oh well, the other day I was thinking 'no not winter again' but I enjoyed the crisp walk to the station this morning. I got a new autumn jumper on the weekend as last years ones are far too big now, ha ha

1step good work on the gym. Always helps boost my mood when I go. Natural boost not poison.

Have a great day all
Old 09-03-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Rah and 1Step, you are both doing terrific. I love reading your posts. The gym will definitely help your state of mind.

Dry, I loved your post about meeting the new (old?) you. I am always finding things out about myself - I DO get real sinus issues, they are not all hangover-related; I DO put some things, like answering emails from old friends, picking things up from the dry-cleaner, getting the dog's town license, off - it is me, not the alcohol. But, I have gotten so organized this past year. I was always organized at work, now I am organized at home, too. Everything in my closet fits - no more trying on ten pair of black slacks to find the pair that fits, no more putting on a shirt to find a stain.

We are still having beach weather here.

Greetings to everyone else.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Great work 1step and rah! Great posts team. Quick check in and then out to enjoy the last day.

Eye on the prize.

"You probably would not worry what others thought of you if you knew how seldom they do." Olin miller