Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 19

Old 08-29-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Determined have an awesome holiday dude, love the late night lake idea! Enjoy, yell us all about it!

Scooter your volunteer idea for next year sounds great, and for good causes, you will feel humbled by your input, great plan!

Battery dying do will post more later, will spend train ride home thinking about my year 2 plan!

Love xxx
Old 08-29-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Capital Pink! Great morning and a wet and wild afternoon but I am sure you are having fun!

Hi Scooter - thanks so much for asking! I am doing OK. 5 weeks e-cigs and not a single nasty old cigarette. I have cut nicotine in the juice from 2.4% to 0.6%. I have a two week vacation coming up so I really hope to get down further then. The difference to my running times has already been astonishing! (Without too much detail there sure was a lot of junk in my lungs to be removed) Love it!

I too love your volunteer plan Scooter.

Determined your day sounds great!!

I am at home listening to the rain come down. I have roasted duck in the oven yum yum, and looking forward to a very relaxing evening.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Huge congratulations Pink on one year sober! Like has been said you are an inspiration and have been such a valued member of this class and Im so pleased for your achievement, well done you!!!! - Oh and good work on the train with the hen party, sounded awkward but you pulled through with style again, my hats off to you!

Im still plodding on, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly, got my girls over tonight and they always bring sunshine into my life.

Bank holiday weekend over here in UK and is a notorious drinking weekend, noticed the usual suspects out already in my local town where there's a music festival taking place, but I've also noticed I'm less bothered about it all now, I'm not envious and if anything I feel sorry for the alcoholic drinkers among them, all that needing to be near a drink, planning everything around it, feeling uneasy when the alcohol level in the blood is getting low- no thanks, I've exhausted every avenue and it offers nothing to me anymore.

Have a great sober weekend team
Old 08-29-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're sounding great 1step

D
Old 08-29-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

23 Miles today.

I had to use my hand held "knuckle lights" for the first 45 minutes. It was pretty wild running before the forest had even woken up.

For me, running long is often an exercise in not thinking too far ahead. This is not easy for the guy who accepted "forever" immediately relative to not drinking! It's also an exersice in managing ebbs and flows. Sometimes I feel like dying, sometimes like flying.

Most of all it's an exersice to put an explanation point on my new choices and lifestyle- and in demonstrating what I can accomplish when I choose not to sabatauge myself with alcohol.

Let's keep up the great work and thoughtful introspection Team!
Old 08-29-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Ultra..23 miles? That is awesome!! Filled my day with activities that did not involve alcohol! Drank pumpkin coffee instead of pumpkin beer. Feeling good calling it a night. Sweet dreams team!!
Old 08-30-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Ultra, running in the dark sounds part terrifying, part exhilarating! Well done on 23 Miles!
Rah and q step, you are both pluming through the days, so good to see, so happy for you guys!
Old 08-30-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Raining here, didn't stop me from gardening though, I will not be beaten!

Had a lovely day in the capital yesterday, nice and busy doing things in this order:

Arrive in London
Found cupcake stand and ate 3 cupcakes, whoops, but the coconut ones were lush and they were mini cupcake so that's ok!
London transport museum
Found a cookie stand and ate a chocolatd and peanut butter cookie which was amazing, whilst listening to the locals playing the violin in Covent Garden. Coke was not mini, nor low fat. Whoops.
Had a salad lunch at all-bar-one, hurrah!
Walked from Covent Garden to embankment, walked along the Thames to big Ben, walked through St James Park to Buckingham palace, and fed the pelicans even though the sign said not too. Whoops.
Walked to harrods, had a morrocan mint tea, a vanilla tea and a cream scone. Whoops.
Walked through Hyde park, onto Oxford Street, back through to Covent Garden where I had a white chocolate and dark chocolate double scoop ice cream. Whoops Whoops.
Walked back to kings cross and headed home.

Plenty of walking, but plenty of eating! Was good fun though and saw a few nice sights.

Still thinking on my game plan for year 2!
Old 08-30-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Congratulations on an amazing 1 year Pink!

Old 08-30-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Hey TeamA!

I am still here, still sober. For the last several weeks I was in a funk, I was very lonely - missed my kids so much while they were away because I could not even text or email my son - it was no contact for the whole summer while he was at camp and that is unbearable for a mother. It felt like a huge part of me was missing and my heart was aching.

Choobie - I can relate, all I did was work while my kids were away. Please take care of yourself and try to make time for fun. I know you have a lot on your plate however you need some balance. Are you still doing yoga and hip hop?

My whole life was working and taking care of responsibilities and it was getting to me. I was in a very, very dark place. It was starting to scare me - and I was sober so it wasn't alcohol induced depression. I did not even want to post here because I did not want to bring everyone down while everyone was celebrating their sober-versaries. I am truly happy for all of you who have achieved your 1-year goal. Even though I did not successfully stay sober for 365 consecutive days, I was much more sober than not in the last year...so I actually do feel I have transformed in many ways.

I am in a solid place with sobriety. My kids are back so I feel whole again, even when they are busy with school, friends, activities it makes me happy to just be able to see them or talk to them a few minutes a day.

Determined- great year two goal. I am finding my mojo again. Oh yeah! I began ballroom dance lessons. I have danced my whole life including my college dance team, so dance has always been a passion of mine and a huge part of who I am. I realized in my depression that I have just completely stopped dancing in the last few years when my drinking consumed my life. Anyway, I am so happy now that I am dancing again - in fact, I am in training for competition (fall 2016) and have a showcase next month. It is difficult to put in words the change in me lately. I am taking much better care of myself. I am truly happy. When I start to feel lonely or down I just stop what I am doing and dance - it helps me to get through the the tough emotions. I guess I need to fox trot while duck diving. I feel like myself again.

It's good to be back.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hey all

Been out and about today so a late check in. Had a good day and just wandered around and took a walk by the river. Pink your day yesterday sounds great! There is so much nice food everywhere in the centre. Anyway, I say why not with all the walking!

Hoping everyone is doing well.

Greatful, it's good to see you! Hopefully you are feeling a lot better now
Old 08-30-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Thanks london, was fab!
Grateful, so very good to see you. You might not have 365 consecutive days, but you are a core part of this group, you have supported each and every one of us, and you have inspired with your words, your grateful lists and your advice. I'm so glad that you are feeling a bit more upbeat, ive missed you! Xxx

I've spent time today gardening in the rain, was quite therapeutic actually! My planters are now full of delphiniums, cerosias, pansies, petunias, and bizzie lizzies. Lovely!
Old 08-30-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Your trip to London sounds lovely, Pink! And your garden, too! I think I would have had all of those delicious sounding treats-mmmmmmm.

Grateful-so glad you checked in! I'm glad you have begun dancing again-it definitely brings joy and elevates life!

I'm totally out of balance! And what I hate about it the most is that it feels like when I was drinking. My house looks like when I was drinking, I'm taking shortcuts on nutrition, and I don't feel like I'm doing the right things. But I'm changing my schedule a little bit, and my family is adjusting a little bit, and I now know exactly what I enjoy in my life, because I know what I miss. And it's not drinking! I have one more month of crunch time and then I think I'll be able to find some balance.

23 miles! Yes! Nice work, Ultra! You ARE the ultramarathoner, now!

Way to keep going, Rah! It is worth it-but it happens moment by moment and day by day. Horseback riding sounds awesome!

London-way to go on kicking those nasty things! I truly never miss them, and your body is thanking you a million times over!

Determined, I hope you are having a great time on your vacation-it sounds amazing!

Scooter-I am taking strategic management and a network class-I love them both! I love your volunteering and weight lifting goals for this coming year!

1step-keep up your excellent work-you do sound really great and I hope you are feeling it as well!

Love to you, Team August!!
Old 08-30-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Day 36!! Feeling really good sounds like London was fun! I travelled there a few months back. It was a short stay...didn't get to enjoy the sights or anything. If I travel there for work again I will extend my stay. My head is in a better place now. I have to keep my eye on things. When the AV starts talking I remind myself how sick I was after the last binge and how much better I feel lately.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:09 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Good morning all

It's a bank holiday here in the UK, lashing it down with heavy rain so a classic summer bank holiday lol.

Choobie, I get days in a row where I think life is sliding backwards and everything is a mess. Small changes are key. I also try to remember that when I was drinking I wanted to control everything and everyone and so now I just make small changes where I can and roll with it. I am sure everything will get organised.

Rah you are doing really great, on a roll now. The world is your oyster in sobriety so I am sure you will visit London again :-)

Ultra, your running inspires me! Dedication and persistence.

1step , you sound great. Hoping you are having a good holiday weekend. Think of all the party people feeling like rubbish today - not us!

Pink - you are brave if you go back into the garden today, ha ha!

Hi to everyone else too

Today I am going for a haircut as I look like a shaggy dog, ha ha ha. Then gym and a lunch with friends. If the weather picks up then I will head on out for some walking later on
Old 08-31-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Choobie look after yourself my friend, sound's like things are a bit topsy turvy, hoping your balance is restored soon!

London, it is soooooo British bank holiday weather! Peeing down! No gardening today! I am wearing my pj's drinking coffee watching desperate housewives, now that's a guilty pleasure right there! Once this episode is over, I will do the laundry, bake macaroons, iron, and then I'm off to the diy store to buy new taps for upcoming bathroom renovation, and more planters for the garden. Then might do a bit of sewing, want to make some cushion covers. Not an exciting day, but a relaxing bank holiday day.

My year 2 plan is to save money! This last year i have spent all my alcohol money on treats, it helped me to reward myself. Now i need to save for bigger better things, we want big holiday, we want to get married, and not so exciting, we need a new boiler! I also plan to be kind to myself, and to have 1 hour per week of pure me time. That may be a massage, a quiet coffee reading the paper somewhere nobody knows me, getting my nails done, going for a walk somewhere new, just 1 hour of zone out time. I will look forward to this every week, i think i will make it Fridays or Mondays. I plan to print off loads of photos that are trapped in my technology and make good old fashioned photo albums! That will be a good rainy day project, i might pick up some albums today! I have many many plans!

What are you all up to today? Hope you all have a good day xxx
Old 08-31-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Happy Monday!

Weather is cool, lake is beautiful. Just did an early morning paddle board with my son on the front. Started teaching him fishing yesterday, no fish yet but today we are buying better equipment and bait as he only has toy like stuff now. Kickin it up a notch baby!

Going to a long waterfall hike off the beaten track today. First, hitting the gym I located in next town here which looks fantastic.

Found a Caribbean style take out little shop about an hour south by the hike that is owned by a vegan woman. She does vegan Caribbean spiced curry and sides. Oh my freakin god I am in heaven!!

I am totally behind on posts, so apologies for no individual notes! I hope to catch up tonight. Love you guys.

"That's what happens when your angry at people. You make them part of your life." Garrison Keillor

Wiggle it.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

It's time for Bedfordshire here in the UK, back to work tomorrow! Had a chilled day, and ready to get into a freshly laundered bed, just love getting into new sheets!
Tomorrow is September, and everyone who started team a is into year 2. We can totally do this guys, look at what we have all achieved in the last year!
I love being part of this team, you've become such a bug part of my life, and I couldn't imagine life without team a now. Thanks guys xx

Okie dokie, off to bed, sleep tight guys, see you in September xxxx
Old 08-31-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Hi all, well made it through the bank holiday sober! Day 71 nearly over so past 10week point now (time seems to be moving faster!).
Old 08-31-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Wow, we posted spot on the same time Pink! Off to bed myself soon, sleep well and c'ya next month!