Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 19

Old 09-06-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Had a nice lunch with my hubby to celebrate our anniversary. I have to admit, it was very challengingl. It was the kind of place that spells trouble for me.,,outside, music playing, on the lake, relaxed atmosphere, drinks flowing. I stayed strong and did not slip but it was VERY hard.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Well done Rah!

Quick post, off to bed. Feeling really stressed about work consultation dragging on, so not good company right now, will post more when feeling a bit more positive xxx

Love to all xxx
Old 09-06-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will get easier rah - but it's ok to think of other places to be too - a picnic, a coffee bar - things like that might be easier for you right now?

D
Old 09-06-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Right on scooter, the second Labor Day baby!

Good work on the transformation ultra. Metamorphosis!

Rah, good job, sounds like a very close call. I get it, that's for sure. Way to dig deep. What would you have done with that buzz anyway except chase it all night? And we know the outcome. Well done.

Pink, you are so positive and strong, nothing will stop you girl! Head high and roll with it man. Get the Buddha vibe, detach yourself from it and from the outcome. Tell them to bring their best shot, you are pink 2.0, the new version of you that keeps moving forward with a smile and a whistle. Bring it!

Love and high fives guys.

"I carried my ashes up the mountain, now I come down bringing fire." Nietzsche.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:06 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Lol Determind, love the new 2.0 updated version analogy, at least I'm smiling now before I make my commute. Thank you! Xx

Hope you all have a good Monday, thinking of you, hugs xxx
Old 09-07-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Happy Monday team! Holiday here baby!

Good vibrations your way today pink. Be cool and be strong.

Likely pool and some work reading later before heading back in tomorrow. Thinking of making quinoa stuffed peppers later. Been binging on Indian take out food this weekend! Samosas are to die for.

Lifted to hard at the gym and threw my upper back and neck out something fierce. Waiting for the Advil to kick in and gonna take my son to the woods and creek for a hike, and hit some baseballs. Skipping gym today. Think I can duct tape my back and neck together? Lol. Better to wear it out than to rust it out.

Grateful, I have some earth wind and fire pumpin on the high fi. thinking of you as I do my Frankenstein inspired stiff neck boogie with coffee in hand. You gotta teach me some moves, I look like Elaine from Seinfeld.

Rejoice we are not in bed hungover and full of regrets kids! Living the good life baby.

"Your doubts are not as powerful as your goals unless you make them so." Marcia weider.

Love.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Travelling and bad wifi but just saying hello from Croatia. I am on the coast and it's wonderful. Looking forward to a sober vacation

Hope everyone is good

Stay strong and positive Pink!
Old 09-07-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Beautiful Monday to not be at work, today!
I've just returned from an out-of-town wedding. It was on the 5th, a day that holds a special non-drinking meaning for me. At the reception, there was no water, only beer, wine, and pepsi (have to remember to bring my own drinks when I'm stuck at an event!), and my daughter filled my wine glass and really wanted me to toast. My husband told her that if I wanted to drink, I would pour it myself, and then went and got me some more pepsi. I sometimes forget that it can be difficult to swim against the tide. It made my resolve as strong as ever, though, and I'm so thankful that I no longer drink!

Spending the day doing homework, and will pepper some housework, cooking, and a walk in as well.

Glad to see you all doing well! Rah, excellent work last night. It's often just a few moments out of an evening that can be so tough, but pays dividends!

Will check back in later-love to you all!
Old 09-07-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Feeling good today! So glad to not be hungover! Day 44 today! So glad I did not slip yesterday. It was hard, I just kept reminding myself that I have been feeling a lot better; that I really enjoy being hangover free; that I really like not having regrets; that I finally have a pic with my husband where I won't be reminded of an alcohol related bad memory. I hope it gets easier for me to handle social situations and settings.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

London, pumpkin spiced latte is back baby! It awaits your return! Hope you are having a fab time in Croatia, it's a beautiful country xxx enjoy xxx

Choobie you handles the wedding beautifully, well done, that was a tough situation, stretching your sober muscles, well done xxx

Determind take it easy, hope you feel better soon xxx

Rahh, look at you go! You are marching forward now, 45 days tomorrow! Woooooooooohooooooooo! Xxxx

Same old here folks. Plodding through each day one by one. Need my holiday, counting down now, 8 work days left. Hope you are all well and happy xxx
Old 09-07-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Made it through another social event without drinking. Went to a Labor Day picnic. The hostess made some alcohol punch, offered me some but I passed. It was a little awkward because when I refused it she questioned my not drinking. I brought diet soda and drank that. The hostess gave me and my husband a gift set that included a liquor bottle and two glasses for our anniversary. The pressure to drink comes at you from all angles!
Old 09-07-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Hey everyone

Hope all is good with everyone. Was the holiday good for you guys in the US?

Rah you are doing really great. Social events can be tough but it gets much much easier as you keep going. For me I am mostly immune to alcohol being around now. Like the option is not there any more.

Wow Pink pumpkin spiced latte!! I almost want to come home right now, ha ha. Definitely one of those lined up for when I get back. You are right, Croatia is lovely. I do enjoy holidays all the more now, I love the lack of hangover and get up and go. I can sit in the sun without feeling like death by dehydration now too. Hoping your work is ok.

Choobie you did perfect at your event too. Weddings I think are the worst. I pretended early on to take a sip of a toast. I admire you for just saying no and being cool about it. Hope you enjoyed your day off

Have a great day all
Old 09-08-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday kids! Great work Choobie and rah! That's how we do it, pumpin those sober muscles. It is your new normal now, feels great doesn't it!

Back to work today, attitude of gratitude though. It's all good.

"We cannot discover new oceans unless we have the courage to lose sight of the shore." Andre Gide.

Freedom.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Rah, people who were used to seeing me drink - like my favorite waitress at book club - questioned my not drinking the first few times, but not since. People will become accustomed to the fact that you are a non-drinker.

Choobie, I usually bring a bottle of water with me everywhere I go; as long as it is unopened, most places allow you to bring it in - even Fenway Park. I guess they figured you spiked it if it is open.

Today is similar to New Year's for me....I have always attempted new goals after Labor Day. The Cape totally changes at this time of year; the "summer people" only come on weekends, if at all. Many smaller stores close or reduce their hours. And, the funny thing is, this is the best beach weather of all. The water has warmed up, the sun is not unbearable, the kids are all in school.

I have volunteered at the COA to bring people to doctor appointments, including the Boston hospitals, and I have signed up for a four-week introduction to gentle yoga.

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 09-08-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Good stuff on the volunteer front Scooter.

I signed up for my second stent as a mentor to a young man in a juvenile detention center. I'll go to the facility once a week and spend an hour with him.

I enjoyed my first relationship and stayed in touch with the person I was mentoring when he was released- but lost contact as his phone was continually shut off.

Kind of similar to the sometimes-fleeting relationships on this website in general. Folks come and go and one does what they can to help and inspire with the recognition that little permanence exists. And that's ok for one does not give with expectation.

We're all blessed to have found this core group to share and grow with.

Let's have a great week Team!
Old 09-08-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Great job, Rah! People do get used to you not drinking, and they soon expect it of you. It usually only takes one or maybe twice. It's worth it!

London, Croatia sounds enticing! I went to McDonald's for an ice cream cone last night and saw they had pumpkin spice latte's-I thought of you.

Determined, I hope you are feeling better! It sounds like you had a great summer vacation!

Pink, where are you going for your holiday?

Excellent actualization of your goals, Scooter! The cape sounds wonderful this time of year. It's beautiful here, too. It's still warm, but the nights are cool and crisp. I'm usually excited for apple pie and burgundy soup right about now, but this year I'd just like to savor every day, just as it comes.

I will say I have something of a love for boots-hiking boots, combat boots, stiletto boots-I love them all and I'm a bit excited to be able to wear them again!

Have a great day-love to you all!
Old 09-08-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hi all, haven't posted for a while but I'm ok still sober on day 79. Had an up and down week really, turned out I overdid it too much back in the gym last week and couldn't straighten my arms for 6days! Turned out Ive strained muscles so have to rest them for 7 -10 days now, felt a bit down about it as I really enjoyed the feeling the gym gave me and Im kicking myself for not taking it easy as it was my first time back in a while. Accepting it though and trying to reflect how I always go to extremes in everything I do, I must change this. On top of this I had a stomach bug last Friday and was up all night with it- the feeling the next day was the nearest Ive ever felt to having a hangover without drinking! Got through it though and am now back to good health.

On a more positive note I have a new sponsor and all is going well on the recovery front. off to an evening meeting tonight.

Thanks for the Wales shout out London!, still not counting my chickens yet though- we only drew with Israel so not made it to France yet but hopefully we'll manage a win against either Serbia or Andorra (after being a long suffering Wales fan though I say this whilst touching wood and crossing fingers at the same time ((((tried to type similtainiously to try and sound smarter but alas I couldn't spell it!!!!))))

Love and best wishes to all.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

1Step good to see you! Take care with your injury my friend. Your days are turning into months! Well done ?de0a

Choobie I'm going to the channel islands for 2 weeks. One week on sark (little island with no vehicles, doing coasteering, caving and sea kayaking as well as walking and cycling), and then onto Guernsey where we are hiring a car to do lots of sights and museums and visit the old war medical tunnels. As and nurse this fascinates me! More than ready for the break now! Glad you are well xxx I love boots too, just bought some new hiking boots and can't wait for them to arrive!

Ultra, the mentoring sounds truly amazing, what a wonderful things to be a part of, so humbling, and making a difference on the front line where it counts, I really admire you xx you are an inspiration xx

Scooter, your voluntary position is such a great one, helping people in need is such a great things to do, both for you and for them. We would be lost at work without our volunteers, be proud of what you are doing, it is so special and important xx

Rahh you are right, pressure can come from every angle! Gotta keep the guard up! Well done for getting through, every one is a victory my friend!

London, how is your holiday! I'm so jealous! Had a pumpkin spiced latte in your honour and man it was goooooooood!

No news here......Plodding on! Keep fighting the good fight people, keep at it! Xxx
Old 09-08-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Hey all! Just checking in.

Attitude of gratitude. Busy with work but it is all good. I will write more when I can.

Life is good sober.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Day 45!! Faced another challenge but jumped the hurdle. Took the suggestion to have coffee with my hubby instead of drinking. We got a coffee tonight, sat outside on the fresh air and planned our activities for tomorrow. We are planning on taking a scenic train ride from Bryson City.