Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 6

Old 06-13-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi. It does seem like a lot of us are feeling a little down recently. I hope that everyone is having a nice weekend. I know that today I have felt all down by just thinking too much. Still worried about job even though we have more work in and I'm hoping my car will survive until I get paid on Friday and can take it in the shop. We're getting a lot of things from the organization where I work that unions are interested in us and we got a paper listing all the reasons why unions are bad for us. *sigh* I'm tired of worrying about it and honestly I hope one of the places that I've put in applications call soon. I miss the positive attitude that I was having. I miss having family around, and I miss having a partner that I can lean on sometimes. This is all part of why I turned to the bottle but it made things so much worse. Can't say I haven't been tempted to drink today but it won't happen. Just have to try to get my mind off it. My son is staying with his dad tonight. I miss him but Elvis (my cat) is here and he's sleeping next to me. I'm grateful for him.

I don't know if anyone here is a fan of wrestling but I like to watch WWE wrestling sometimes. My ex husband got me back into it and I'm still hooked, lol I think I'm going to watch WWE right now. Goodnight.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

Trust me guys - it all gets a lot better - stick with it

D
Old 06-13-2015, 11:23 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good morning all, catch up laggers.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:53 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
OMD

Morning all!

About to go for a run

Later

OMD
Old 06-14-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Morning all. Thought about a run, but legs still a little stiff. Gonna be walking a lot today any who.

Gonna work a little. Not as much as yesterday. Really glad I worked yesterday knocking on doors of people I could not catch on the phone or door knocking during the week. Saw several people and made some good sales.

Today I have an appointment. Thinking about showing up in shorts and t-shirt. That should lighten the mood. Land maybe make him feel guilty that I'm meeting with him on my day off
Old 06-14-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Morning it's still early but things are lookin good
Old 06-14-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Just checking in..I had to go back and read the last few pages to see what everyone has been up to. Cauliflower, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I don't know what else to say but I am thinking about you and hope you're hanging in there.

Day 49 today. I have had a couple of close calls but I made it through. I have had some weird things happening lately. My husband is working out of state per usual and have had a problem with someone that has been stalking/harassing me. The problem is that it takes the sheriff about 30 minutes to get here at the fastest. I had a very scary day on Wednesday..I'm trying to empower myself and not feel so defeated about the whole situation. But having to be hyper vigilante all of the time is just draining me...and I really wanted to drink. But I didn't.

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in. I am all caught up on the posts and so glad everyone is doing well, even if some are a little down in the dumps. Like Amp said, considering the circumstances, I wouldn't be jumping for joy anyways, but at least I am sober and healthy!

I loved reading the running posts. Back in the day I used to be a great runner, not a marathon runner, but I ran. I was even a record breaking track runner in high school! My knees get too sore after a run though. Could be the running shoes, or the gravel roads. It's more like cross country running out here! My son had a track meet this weekend, soo we were busy in the city. He ran 60m in 11.45sec., but didn't make the finals. Some of those kids are amazing athletes at ages 9/10! wow

I have an occasional non-alcoholic beer. Especially on a hot and muggy afternoon after doing yard work...that was yesterday. I was exhausted and went to bed with sore achy muscles, but I woke up happily un-hang-overed! I still love the feeling...it will never get old.

When the AV shows up, it's just for a brief second. I think it's becoming more like a memory now, and not a strong voice. I know that I cannot have a drink without the hangover...because the anxiety of just having one drink gets me every time. It's that one simple understanding of myself that keeps me sober. I love it! It is a simple, doable solution to a life long, soul crushing habit.

With that being said, my parents are coming to stay here on Tuesday for I believe one night after the funeral. Just the thought of my step-monster gives me anxiety. I love my dad, but his wife is a complete narcissistic nut job . I will be practicing mindfulness and deep breathing, but I won't drink. If anyone is going to cause me to fall, she will be the last person to have that honor. In memory of the kindest, sweetest, most honest man I have ever known, I will not drink.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by CeeFarro View Post
Good morning everyone! Just checking in..I had to go back and read the last few pages to see what everyone has been up to. Cauliflower, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I don't know what else to say but I am thinking about you and hope you're hanging in there.

Day 49 today. I have had a couple of close calls but I made it through. I have had some weird things happening lately. My husband is working out of state per usual and have had a problem with someone that has been stalking/harassing me. The problem is that it takes the sheriff about 30 minutes to get here at the fastest. I had a very scary day on Wednesday..I'm trying to empower myself and not feel so defeated about the whole situation. But having to be hyper vigilante all of the time is just draining me...and I really wanted to drink. But I didn't.

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there.
Hi CF,
I am sorry to see that you have problems with some creep. If I could give you any advice I would. But I can only think of the usual things like security and more security. Would it be possible to have someone like a neighbour come round for a while and sit with you? I am sure a good neighbour would understand?

Take care
OMD
ps glad to see you're not drinking 😄
Old 06-14-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
OMD

Happy to see you're doing well under the circumstances Cauliflower. Your step mom doesn't sound like great company - at least it's a finite period and you'll be through it soon. If she drinks you can be breezily superior 😄

Knees are a tricky thing. They could be painful because of nothing to do with your knees but that's just where the pain radiates. I speak from experience - now I think my pains are just age related 😄

IC you have to tell us how it turned out when you showed up in t shirt and shorts!

Anyway, Sunday evening and I was feeling a bit sorry for myself earlier being stretched a little thin at the moment, but now I feel ok. I am quite interested in swimming and I am naturally gravitating towards starting doing this properly and also possibly as a form of long term exercise. I have always had painful ear infections from swimming pools but my sober self has been determined not to be defeated by that so I am having some custom ear plugs made. Yes, $$$ but easily paid for with a few nights off the booze. My drunken self would never - and did never - get round to getting this done. So they should arrive within the next week or so, and after that I have no excuse! I hope to be able to report progress in this area of my life

Once I get home (have been on the road all day) I am looking forward to 15 mins mediation, something to eat and an early night!

Hope you had a good end to your weekends, and that we're all up n at em tomorrow.

None for me today.

Best wishes to all
OMD
Old 06-14-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Well, I decided to dress with shorts and a polo. Worked out well. Nice couple. I was able to help them save big money on life insurance and make $700 in the process.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good night all! Off to bed. Exhausted after the 5 hour drive back from my wife's home town (a lot of driving this weekend!) but it was good to go back. First time back since her father's funeral 3 weeks ago so it was a little emotional but in a good way, I think.

I wish you all a good start to the week. Remember, Monday is a fun day!
Old 06-14-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OMD View Post
Hi CF,
I am sorry to see that you have problems with some creep. If I could give you any advice I would. But I can only think of the usual things like security and more security. Would it be possible to have someone like a neighbour come round for a while and sit with you? I am sure a good neighbour would understand?

Take care
OMD
ps glad to see you're not drinking 😄
I have one neighbor. They are across the river from me. They know what is going on as I had to hide on their property on Wednesday until the Sheriff got to my house. This has been going on for about 3 years but has escalated quickly in the last year. It is a woman that is harassing me..I have a no trespass order in place but Idaho doesn't have any stalking laws. I feel that I can protect myself at this point. I have gone from being terrified to just angry. We'll see what happens I guess..
Old 06-14-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Cf, I'm so sorry that you've had to go through this for so long. I hope she will leave you alone.

I'm feeling guilty for wanting to drink so much yesterday. I think of my sweet son and just feel ashamed of myself. He's still with his daddy today, he's at the pool and having a great time. I went to see them today and hung out for a couple hours. It felt nice to dabble my feet in the water. His dad normally works on the weekend but he took some time off this weekend.

My boss comes back tomorrow after being out for two months. We will see how that goes. I'm bringing my tension tamer tea, just in case!

Hope everyone is having a really nice weekend.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

It's funny to me. I can't spend $4 for a starbucks drink. Just can't do it. $8-$12 Long Island Iced tea was no problem for me though.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hello all. Day 62 is in the books. Have not been around much lately. No reason, just busy and sober. Wishing all the best.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Exhausted again, but its a good tired, I was doing yard work all day!
I am hopping into bed with a cup of tea and my book, currently reading The Signature of All Things, and it's rather slow and drawn out, but I am sticking with it. G'night all.

Nice to see you again Skhatru!
Old 06-14-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good morning all. The start of another week. Catch up laggers.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
Good morning all. The start of another week. Catch up laggers.
Dammit he beat me to it

I'm up at the crack of dawn packing as my 11 year old son away for the week on an outdoor pursuits.

Full on week ahead with work but I'm really looking forward to Wednesday. I was going to have a new bath put in but decided to splash out and get a whole new suite which goes in on Wednesday. We have been making do with showers for the last 9 - 12 months so I'm going to buy some nice bubble bath etc.

That will be the highlight of my week methinks

Oh and remaining sober of course

Welcome back SK!

Hope everyone has a good week
M
Old 06-14-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Morning all! Nice to see you Sk!