Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 6

Old 07-12-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Morning everyone if anyone needs a good laugh ... I just biffed it. I was out jogging along, wind in my hair, feeling fantastic. Then I let out a big ooof. Hit a big tree root and flew a few feet. Lol I don't think anyone saw me, oh well.

I've been having those thoughts. "My drinking wasn't that bad" and "now that I've taken some time off drinking I'll be fine". I guess that's the AV. I've been trying to remind myself of those last few days before I stopped and that seems to be helping.

I hope everyone has a good day stay away from those tree roots they're dangerous
Old 07-12-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Sorry for the long absence, I fell off the wagon during the months of May, June and beginning of July. I am not proud of it and I only come on here because I'm pretty freaked out. I ended up drinking a lot the night before, then in the early morning just randomly went whale watching on a touring boat. I know that sounds really bizarre and random. I was totally aware of what I was doing but I can't believe I would spontaneously do that. Anyway, I'm safe, everyone around me is safe. I just got back and I want to start over again and start sobriety over starting today. First I want to get some rest, and then just start making a list of things I can't do to myself and hopefully become a better person in the next few weeks. I hope anyway.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Good to see you back SCF! Take care of yourself and stick close to SR!

I think whale watching is pretty cool no matter when you do it
Old 07-12-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Yeah it was weird, it was the most amazing experience to be whale watching and I happened to see two blue whales and ton of dolphins. I just need to get better again. I'm confident I will again, I just need this place to check in everyday. I leave this place because I decide to casually drink on the weekends and then it of course never works out. I just am so happy that I'm safe and I know I'll always be safe as long as I'm sober.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

SCF, welcome back. I'm glad you are here. Stick close to SR. The first few days will be hard, but I know you can make it through. Just don't take that first drink. It's sounds simple, but the struggle between you and the AV can be overwhelming. Let us know what your plan is for getting through the next few days. We are here for you!
Old 07-12-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back SCF

we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-7-a.html

D
Old 08-04-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Hola Dudes! I'm alive. It hasn't been a straight line. I have a new therapist finally, and it's 100% covered by insurance. 1 or 2 times a week. I love this guy. He's got me beating punching bags with bats and yelling about stuff. Also he 'just gets it.' I've only had 2 sessions, but approved for 90 visits with insurance, so that's just all good. It's helping. He's trying to build me up, help me grow up. I did not accomplish most of what I wanted to this summer.

I've been away from the city and that apartment, on a huge river with eagles and such. House sitting with a big doggy. My desire to drink dropped about 99%. I'm afraid to go back home. The house is luxurious to my standards. My mindset is utterly different. The first week was spent basically sleeping off 'the city.' Where ever you go there you are is a crock of ****. I'm only 15 miles away and have the same junk on my mind, but the quiet, total silence at night. No car alarms and 15 emergency vehicles every hour. Plus air. Real air. Blowing breezes, stars, the blue moon, Mars. There's a robin with eggs on the front porch. The property is all riverfront, with nothing really around. Major U.S. river. I'm sitting with the dog out here. The sun is departing under the trees across the water.

Family is ok. Not talking to father about much. New therapist wants to help me get that crazy ass out of my life. what a dip**** father.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi. Still posting from iPhone so forgive the typos.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  
Administrator

Continue:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5498701