# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of April 2015 Part 6

Last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-21.html

D
Old 06-09-2015, 10:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Morning all! Nice new thread to kick off what promises to be a testing day of work. I'll take it as a good sign
Old 06-09-2015, 11:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

class members @ 2015.06.10

Ha, so I have to redo the list.
  • amp
  • Angie
  • CanGuy
  • Cauliflower
  • CeeFarro
  • InControl
  • Lily
  • martina
  • OMD
  • SwimKim
  • tokidoki
  • YazzyLove
  • me - ZaB

If I have missed anyone, I can only blame it on old age and memory loss.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-10-2015, 01:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi all

Thanks Dee for the new thread...somehow when I clicked on 'new thread' I ended up on Nef's rose page? I have no idea how that happened but glad I seemed to have found it back to here.

I also have no idea what this good news that tokidoki says I have? I am mystified....maybe I have a twin on here? Oh dear....!!!!

Thanks OMD and ZaB for compiling the class list...

Not much for me to report today...hope everyone has a good day
M
Old 06-10-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ps I just came across this...I can't believe I haven't seen it before.

Its all about creating a Wellness Toolbox with sections to address triggers and cope with them successfully.

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf

Hope it helps....
Old 06-10-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

Good news. I did not smoke yesterday! So today is day 2 with no nic.

Feeling tired. Think I'm gonna roll over and go back to sleep.

Catch ya'll later!
Old 06-10-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello Guys,

Well, frickey-frack again.

I'm sorry martina. I saw a post by someone with a similar name and jumped to conclusions. Here I am trying to make a good impression on y'all, and ...
Yup, ol' Toki here is *flighty* (to put it kindly).

Off to the airport today so ex-husband can fly back across the ocean to his home.

What are you all doing?
Old 06-10-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So far I'm sweating and grumpy from nicotine WD. Trying not to be too bitchy around people today.

Wednesday's are supposed to be my "red tape" day. Mostly paper pushing, setting appointments, goal setting and such. Today I have a sales appointment I'm gonna run then tonight I'll be door knocking people I couldn't get in the phone.

Might not be the best idea to try and do sales on day 2 of no nic. But I've gotta make a living.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ready to start another 50 days and 500 posts!

It's gorgeous day here, i was just outside enjoying my coffee with the birds and sunshine. Martina that link is not working for me, but is that about developing your plan? follow this link, and scroll down to Dee's post near the bottom, the same link is there as well: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

It's a good tool to have and to revisit often. It really helps me.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I just got the most devistating news this morning, literally just seconds after I posted on the newcomers about my formal plan. A very close friend, whom I consider a brother, died. It's so sad, and I'm all by myself, I'm just waiting for my husband to come home. The world works in mysterious ways, because my post just may trump drinking, so to speak. As sad as I am, I know that I cannot be drinking, I have to be strong for the family, especially for my husband. This man has been his friend since grade school, and now he is gone. I found myself thinking that I don't care and if the opportunity to get drunk with grieving friends, to have a happy party comes up I will join right in....but I won't. I have to add this to my formal plan, and keep moving. Its a heartbreak kind of day.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
I just got the most devistating news this morning, literally just seconds after I posted on the newcomers about my formal plan. A very close friend, whom I consider a brother, died. It's so sad, and I'm all by myself, I'm just waiting for my husband to come home. The world works in mysterious ways, because my post just may trump drinking, so to speak. As sad as I am, I know that I cannot be drinking, I have to be strong for the family, especially for my husband. This man has been his friend since grade school, and now he is gone. I found myself thinking that I don't care and if the opportunity to get drunk with grieving friends, to have a happy party comes up I will join right in....but I won't. I have to add this to my formal plan, and keep moving. Its a heartbreak kind of day.
Very sorry for your loss Cauliflour. Well done for deciding to stay strong. You can dedicate your strength in this difficult time to his memory.
Best wishes
OMD
Old 06-10-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
So far I'm sweating and grumpy from nicotine WD. Trying not to be too bitchy around people today.

Wednesday's are supposed to be my "red tape" day. Mostly paper pushing, setting appointments, goal setting and such. Today I have a sales appointment I'm gonna run then tonight I'll be door knocking people I couldn't get in the phone.

Might not be the best idea to try and do sales on day 2 of no nic. But I've gotta make a living.
Well done on not smoking! That's a great choice you are making!

Enjoy surfing any urges you get, because you are truly doing a tremendous thing.
OMD
Old 06-10-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi all,
Just another day for me. I am really tired even though it is only 8pm where I am today. Work work work but nothing to drink

Best wishes all

OMD
Old 06-10-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

cauliflower sorry to hear

Just checking in. Day is going as normal. Take care everyone.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Cauliflower! How awful. There are no words. In the last two years I have lost 3 people very close to me. The last was 3 weeks ago when i was just a month sober. I felt like giving in and when the sherry came out (thankfully not my drink of choice) the only way I could avoid giving in was to think that I was doing it for him. That's how I kept it going. Dedicating the act to the one we'd lost.

I wish you well. Lean on us here these days.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wow, Cauliflower. I am so sorry. Just know that my thoughts are with you and your husband.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
Cauliflower I am so sorry to hear this....just take it one baby step at a time. Hoping your husband is now with you and you have some company?

Keep posting and let us know how you get on...
Thinking of you
M
Old 06-10-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Cauliflower......condolences, so sorry that has happened for you. I know that all here are thinking of you.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Cauliflower, I am so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how you must feel. My thoughts are with you during this time.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry for your loss cauliflower