View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

Hi all, just checking in. I am all caught up on the posts and so glad everyone is doing well, even if some are a little down in the dumps. Like Amp said, considering the circumstances, I wouldn't be jumping for joy anyways, but at least I am sober and healthy!

I loved reading the running posts. Back in the day I used to be a great runner, not a marathon runner, but I ran. I was even a record breaking track runner in high school! My knees get too sore after a run though. Could be the running shoes, or the gravel roads. It's more like cross country running out here! My son had a track meet this weekend, soo we were busy in the city. He ran 60m in 11.45sec., but didn't make the finals. Some of those kids are amazing athletes at ages 9/10! wow

I have an occasional non-alcoholic beer. Especially on a hot and muggy afternoon after doing yard work...that was yesterday. I was exhausted and went to bed with sore achy muscles, but I woke up happily un-hang-overed! I still love the feeling...it will never get old.

When the AV shows up, it's just for a brief second. I think it's becoming more like a memory now, and not a strong voice. I know that I cannot have a drink without the hangover...because the anxiety of just having one drink gets me every time. It's that one simple understanding of myself that keeps me sober. I love it! It is a simple, doable solution to a life long, soul crushing habit.

With that being said, my parents are coming to stay here on Tuesday for I believe one night after the funeral. Just the thought of my step-monster gives me anxiety. I love my dad, but his wife is a complete narcissistic nut job . I will be practicing mindfulness and deep breathing, but I won't drink. If anyone is going to cause me to fall, she will be the last person to have that honor. In memory of the kindest, sweetest, most honest man I have ever known, I will not drink.